What are you listening to right now?

Started by Harry72, Dec 13, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

Author
What are you listening to right now? (Read 1,637,599 times)

FiorinaFury161

HuDaFuK

Now I know Thriller is considered one of the greatest albums of all time, and there's no denying that its title track, "Beat It" and "Billie Jean" are three of the best songs ever recorded by Michael Jackson (three of the best songs ever recorded by anyone, to be honest), but as a complete album, I think this is far better. Take those three monster songs off Thriller and you're honestly left with a pretty forgettable album, whereas every single song on Bad is great.

Whiskeybrewer

Lol yeah take Toto off of Thriller lol

KiramidHead

I could listen to this score for ages.

THE CITY HUNTER

Russ

Russ

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 07, 2017, 04:43:17 AM

I could listen to this score for ages.

So strange - I absolutely loathed the soundtrack to this movie (or miniseries?). For me, it was just brimming with over-sincerity... I didn't like the show either (again, it was brimming with too much sincerity).

I know, I know - its a technical masterpiece with awesome battles and a brilliant cast, and I should love it. But I don't - I feel bad that I don't! I should love the music too, but every time I hear it, I can just see someone's bearded face (everyone had heroic beards) staring into the middle distance lamenting the loss of so many good men.

I'm sorry, man *lol*

A-L-I-E-N

The first AVPGalaxy podcast  :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: A-L-I-E-N on Sep 11, 2017, 09:40:51 PM
The first AVPGalaxy podcast  :)

The old ones are really rough but I hope you manage to stick through them!

Whiskeybrewer

I suppose that's what happens when you're finding your feet

HuDaFuK

The more I listen to this, the more I realise it genuinely blows some of Maiden's albums away. In fact, I'd probably rank this above everything they've done since their reunion bar Brave New World and Book of Souls. Cracking album.

Also something outside my usual rocking comfort zone:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 12, 2017, 05:19:26 PM

Exactly. Pretty natural progress. Even with the kit too.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 13, 2017, 08:13:08 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 12, 2017, 05:19:26 PM

Exactly. Pretty natural progress. Even with the kit too.

and look where you are now

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 12, 2017, 06:39:59 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sZCB2noLlGg/VOuOJ2ZK7pI/AAAAAAAANDA/iM6O4FPSrQo/s1600/06.jpg

The more I listen to this, the more I realise it genuinely blows some of Maiden's albums away. In fact, I'd probably rank this above everything they've done since their reunion bar Brave New World and Book of Souls. Cracking album.

It is. Road to Hell could have been a great Maiden song

FiorinaFury161

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0OdgSZbxOq0

Just think if Adrian took over vocals once Paul was gone... they did okay with Bruce tho :P :P :P

HuDaFuK

I really like Adrian's voice. He's my favourite of the band's three guitarists too.

Sadly his side projects have never really grabbed me. A.S.A.P. did a few decent tracks but on the whole their sole album's a bit too lightweight for me.

Whiskeybrewer

I really enjoyed A.S.A.P. It's more Bluesy Melodic Rock, which I wasn't expecting. Got the album and both singles on Vinyl. Just thik it nearly had Nicko drumming on it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed