Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.4%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
68 (15.4%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
25 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 438

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 319,815 times)

EEV-2501

Yes. I'm also not sure about this shot.

NGR01

NGR01

huh this guy havent seen the movie or what?
What he says abut the creatures and the Engineer doesnt compute ^^

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

All I can say is that I have to see it again. I loved it for sure... but I have to see it again. And then a third time. And then I watch some scenes again, maybe go by them frame by frame.

Because this thing raises a LOT of questions -- more than it answers. Which is fantastic.

Ooze on First

Hmmm...after reading all the byplay, I've become suspicious.  ???

If this is indeed a ruse, it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George fakes an arm injury and goes so far as to see a doctor.  :laugh:
Only a truly disturbed person would carry it this far.

Perhaps this thread should be locked or deleted entirely.

PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US

Quote from: NGR01 on May 31, 2012, 10:25:29 PM
Quote from: PROM3TH3US on May 31, 2012, 09:46:39 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 31, 2012, 09:32:05 PM
Ok so you've seen the movie and you have forgotten about this.
The movie is so awesome as you say in your review that it blew your mind AND memory.
That is quite a concern forsomeone as young as you mate :)

Lets find another thing then.
What is DAVID doing when he's watching a movie in the opening scenes where he's alone in the Prometheus?
Again simple question and it's something that you can't forget.

Jesus. Both of you give it a rest already.  I'm pretty sure he have not seen the film yet and not even in France without having to ask him any questions.  How do I know?  His time line/zone posting are totally off in the video and on here.  The room that he's filming is the same room he's in an older video.  I didn't bother to push the case because at least he's not a troll that tries to paint and go around and say "Promeus is shit" all over Youtube.

Excuses me for avoiding this kind of beahvior spread.
Funny how it ok to you since he's saying the movie is awesome.
If he said otherwise you would be all over him saying that he know shit...

Quote from: EEV-2501 on May 31, 2012, 09:42:59 PM
^ Peter O' Toole style. ;) So funny.

Yes lol.
Did you notice that the shot from comiccon where he's crying comes from that scene?
More proof that the movie has been largely recut.

I'm sorry but you're are becoming more annoying than he is.  Yeah we all know you don't like the film.  Don't go preaching it to everyone and in every thread and trying to convince everyone else.  It's how you're doing it.  I don't see the harm in him in doing anything really wrong.  All he did was taking all the positive feed back from the incoming reviews and just relaying or spinning it to his own version which isn't totally out of context or false about the movie .  Even though he lied about seeing it doesn't make him some very bad guy.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: EEV-2501 on May 31, 2012, 10:51:06 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 31, 2012, 10:25:29 PM

Quote from: EEV-2501 on May 31, 2012, 09:42:59 PM
^ Peter O' Toole style. ;) So funny.

Yes lol.
Did you notice that the shot from comiccon where he's crying comes from that scene?
More proof that the movie has been largely recut.

Absolutely. And I'm maybe wrong but I think  that the shot of Janek saying "Kill everything, Do you copy me" in the first Intl. Trailer is not in the movie. Have you noticed that or I'm nut.

That line sounded like it was from multiple lines cut together though.  Very roughly edited.  Kind of like how the TV spot joined 2 scenes together that were separate - Holloway/Shaw walking and being interrupted by David (before the adventure begins) and Vickers saying, "If you're going down there you're going to die..."

Deuterium

Quote from: PROM3TH3US on Jun 01, 2012, 12:48:45 AM
I'm sorry but you're are becoming more annoying than he is.  Yeah we all know you don't like the film.  Don't go preaching it to everyone and in every thread and trying to convince everyone else.  It's how you're doing it.  I don't see the harm in him in doing anything really wrong.  All he did was taking all the positive feed back from the incoming reviews and just relaying or spinning it to his own version which isn't totally out of context or false about the movie .  Even though he lied about seeing it doesn't make him some very bad guy.

So let me get this straight, my good PROM3TH3US...

You would prefer someone being deceptive, and providing a BOGUS review, as compared to someone who has actually seen the film, and provided their honest impressions and feedback?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Ok it's just after 2:30 am and I just got back from seeing Prometheus, I will put a full review up later but it may take a while to write as I'm dead tired, if anyone wants to fire any questions over the next few  hours feel free.

As for what did I think in general, well I thoroughly enjoyed it actually.  Yes there are some problems, most of which were brought up by our trusty friend NGR01 who was, I repeat was, right about everything that happened and obviously did see the movie, and though I do agree with him on most things I have to say, the movie was better than I expected after all the bad stuff that was going around.

I will be back in a few hours (hopefully) with my review... chow for now!!

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

Agreed such an amazing film, yes it deserves to be a stand alone film but can definitely see the ties with alien for sure! Loved it....want to watch it again!!!

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I'd say the fan reviews are mostly positive..

r888

Gald you enjoy it mate I still have to wait till nextweek for my screening

duckman5150

Awesone to see your thoughts! I can't wait 'till it opens here in the states!

PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US

Quote from: Deuterium on Jun 01, 2012, 01:15:02 AM
Quote from: PROM3TH3US on Jun 01, 2012, 12:48:45 AM

So let me get this straight, my good PROM3TH3US...

You would prefer someone being deceptive, and providing a BOGUS review, as compared to someone who has actually seen the film, and provided their honest impressions and feedback?
He might be bogus but how is it him taking pieces of the positive feed back and putting it into his own words is any fake?  It like some site taking all the positive feed back and post on their site of people thoughts on a particular film even when the site host haven't seen the  movie yet.  If a person who spew and make up negative comments about a movie they  haven't seen it yet then that person have some kind of agenda.  There's nothing being an optimistic than a sour puss.  I have no problem with NGR01 haven't his own opinion but I just don't like people being preachy about it.  I think his negative comments have pretty much did a whole lot of damage here and adding fuel to the fire but that's not all his fault but the people who nag him to tell them everything.  Now some people willl work in with a chip on their shoulders and will not enjoy the movie because it's already in their mind they don't like it.  But that's not his problem with the people who join that hate band wagon.

hfeldhaus

This is by far and away the most awe inspiring film iv seen. Im just back from the screening in Leeds and im blown away by the visual feast that was on offer. Never seen such a good looking film, like Avatar but more reality based if you get what I mean. The cinematography was fantastic and the 3D was a pleasure, which I dont normally think. The last 10 minutes the film ran out of steam i felt, however there is one thing that niggled at me. I felt the death scenes were over waaayy too quickly. Im not a fan of gore but i felt like there had been a lot of editing and shortening of the death scenes and removed the horror of much of them

PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 01, 2012, 12:02:41 AM
huh this guy havent seen the movie or what?
What he says abut the creatures and the Engineer doesnt compute ^^

Sorry, you're not the center of the World.  Everyone have their own opinion and take on the movie. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed