10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 144,769 times)

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: PredatorvsAliens on Jul 22, 2022, 05:28:43 PMAnd of course the people from that screening will give it a 10 out of 10
They just got that whole experience free with food, drinks and candy on top of it.
Like I said earlier,
Don't get your hopes up too quick.

The event is free including food/drinks?

PredatorvsAliens

PredatorvsAliens

Quote from: Hollywood on Jul 22, 2022, 05:41:19 PM
Quote from: PredatorvsAliens on Jul 22, 2022, 05:28:43 PMAnd of course the people from that screening will give it a 10 out of 10
They just got that whole experience free with food, drinks and candy on top of it.
Like I said earlier,

isen't that how it is most of the time ?
all im saying is just dont get your hopes up to fast we have been burned to many times.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Like I said earlier,

It was a small popcorn and a soda or water. Nothing crazy. Wasn't special treatment, just standard at almost every early screenings.

Some of the people reacting to the movie are Predator fans from this site, who didn't give The Predator praise. So take that into consideration on how it's being reacted to right now. The movie was good, and the event itself didn't factor into my opinion on the quality of the film itself.

PredatorvsAliens

PredatorvsAliens

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 22, 2022, 05:50:24 PM
Like I said earlier,

It was a small popcorn and a soda or water. Nothing crazy. Wasn't special treatment, just standard at almost every early screenings.

Some of the people reacting to the movie are Predator fans from this site, who didn't give The Predator praise. So take that into consideration on how it's being reacted to right now. The movie was good, and the event itself didn't factor into my opinion on the quality of the film itself.

ok fair enough ! it just you know sounds to good to be true.
im just very skeptical.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 22, 2022, 05:50:24 PMSo take that into consideration on how it's being reacted to right now. The movie was good, and the event itself didn't factor into my opinion on the quality of the film itself.
Sounds good.
Are you going to write a bit longer kinda spoiler-free summary of the film, including your opinions, impression, etc?

Hollywood

Hollywood

I always thought it cost money to go to comic con so that's cool to know. SD isn't too far away I should've made a trip haha

Taking the reactions with a grain of salt is smart but it's good to see Prey isn't being unanimously trashed or met with a "meh" response. Because that could have happened, even with drinks and candy for the audience lol

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 22, 2022, 05:54:45 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 22, 2022, 05:50:24 PMSo take that into consideration on how it's being reacted to right now. The movie was good, and the event itself didn't factor into my opinion on the quality of the film itself.
Sounds good.
Are you going to write a bit longer kinda spoiler-free summary of the film, including your opinions, impression, etc?

Yes, I'm working on a video already. Might not be ready for a few days on my end. Ridgetop and I may do a livestream chat with our initial thoughts and impressions very soon.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 22, 2022, 06:04:13 PM
Sounds good.

Yes, I'm working on a video already. Might not be ready for a few days on my end. Ridgetop and I may do a livestream chat with our initial thoughts and impressions very soon.

How's the face? Practical or CGI?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 22, 2022, 06:04:13 PM
Sounds good.

I'm looking forward to it ! Just a few quick questions that can be mostly answered by yes or no, if you'll indulge me lol.

- Do Feral body language/movements look good ? More heavy style or smooth ? A blend of both ?
- Do we have new weapons unseen in trailers and photos ? Without telling what it is please.
- Do Taabe and other tribe members have prominent scenes ?
- Is the face of Feral full CGI ? Does it solve mouth problems ?
- Is the blood (both red and green) CGI ?

oduodu

oduodu

i am so glad i was wrong about all of this.

FINALLY AN AVP MOVIE AFTER THE INITIAL 2 RELEASES THAT  APPROACHES THE QUALITY OF THOSE 2 RELEASES.

would that be a fair statement?

anyways kudos to those involved .

finally .....

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Time for the cult thinking of "only the first two" around Alien and Predator to die, because it was never that way, just now it's much more obvious.

Clubroot

Clubroot

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

To echo what everyone else in this forum has stated: this sounds very promising. At 1 hr 30 minutes it seems a little on the short side which is disappointing but if people are saying it's a worthy sequel to the original I am here for it. I am still cautiously optimistic but I'm getting more and more excited!!

Clubroot

Clubroot

SDCC post screening Q&A with cast and crew

Manti

Manti

Funny enough, the one thing that gets me a bit "itchy" is the fact that a number of those twitter reviewers are calling it better than the original and "the best movie in the franchise by far".

It always reeks of momentary hype and sensationalism to me, when someone drops such a comparison with an old classic. Like, how do you want to really push the new movie? Just say its better in any way than the previous gold standart.

Dont know if i managed to really express what im feeling here. Im definitely very hyped, dont take me wrong.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed