Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by St_Eddie - Today at 09:25:17 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Today at 08:37:13 PMSeems like a refusal to accept notes/collaborate might have been the key issue here so...

Which is quite something coming from a director whom claims to be "free of ego".
Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 09:16:43 PM
I love Christie's wrist guns. My favourite.
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by KiramidHead - Today at 09:08:31 PM
Challengers

So f**king good. Not the ending I was expecting, though.  :laugh:
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 09:03:01 PM
The M41A pulse rifle is cool and all, but resurrection has a gun in a thermos. A GUN...in a thermos. Iconic. 😎
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 08:57:35 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 12:35:00 PMDaniels, definitely intentionally a Ripley like, because the film subverts that through David winning.

Yup; I mean aesthetically she is literally Kenner Ripley. 😂

Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 08:48:18 PM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Today at 08:43:45 PMAre you suggesting people mainly like Aliens for the weapons?

Because I can think of a buttload of better reasons.

Think he just wants to spit bad takes then ignore rebuttals (note the sig text).
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 08:43:45 PM
Quote from: gold on Today at 07:48:00 PMThis thread (the poll) confirms that almost twice as many people prefer Aliens (the lower picture) as the next best movie (Alien 1) for very well thought out reasons. It was a work of art.

Are you suggesting people mainly like Aliens for the weapons?

Because I can think of a buttload of better reasons.
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 08:37:13 PM
Quote from: TheDerelict on Today at 08:31:13 PMWhen you take into consideration Covenant's early concept art work and the fact it bares almost zero similarity to the final product, I wonder how much what we have seen would have been in Alien 5 anyway.

Seems like a refusal to accept notes/collaborate might have been the key issue here so...
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 08:31:13 PM
Just playing devils advocate here, and I could be wrong, but the Blomkamp concept art was very early days. It never even had a full script, only a 10 page treatment.
When you take into consideration Covenant's early concept art work and the fact it bares almost zero similarity to the final product, I wonder how much what we have seen would have been in Alien 5 anyway.

I always wanted Blomkamp to do an alien film after I saw Elysium, which I really like and was hyped when I heard he was doing it. Then I found out about him bringing back ripley, hicks and newt and I mentally checked out.

All hail Alien 3.
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 08:09:12 PM
I like the pulse rifle more, but I really like both.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed