Predators Fan Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2010, 02:16:56 PM

Author
Predators Fan Reviews (Read 181,045 times)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Predator will always be my favorite, but overall what I really loved about Predators is that it's back in the jungle, Antal brought back the suspense and darkness, back to what makes Predators tick, the thrill of the hunt. It didn't feel cheesy, or have those cringe worthy moments I felt in Predator 2, AVP and AVP-R.

It had a genuine alpha male tone to it where everything was pretty much deadly serious and the humor was actually funny but not in a silly way, but in a twisted caveman way.

I was going to give it an 8/10 but the fact that AVP-R raped my soul HARD and Predators had proper lighting and "colour grading" where I could see it in peace I'll give an extra 5.

Predators 8.5/10

Predator 9.5/10

Predator 2 7.5/10

AVP 7/10

AVP-R 2/10

Requiem28

Requiem28

Ouch on the AVP-R rating.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Since I couldn't see the movie, that dropped it's score badly, so the only two things I like about it is the sound effects and music. Each time I watch AVP-R and finish it, it feels like I haven't seen the movie yet.

It feels like a movie that never got released.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Predator - 9/10

Predator 2 - 8/10

Predators - 8/10

AvP - 7/10

AvP:R - 5/10

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Vepariga on Apr 18, 2012, 02:49:22 AM
Predator - 9/10

Predator 2 - 8/10

Predators - 8/10

AvP - 7/10

AvP:R - 5/10

About the same for me.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Predator - 9,5/10

Predator 2 - 9,5/10

Predators - 4/10 (i didnt' wait & dreamed years and years of a Predator 3 movie , to be satisfied by THIS)

AvP - 4/10

AvP:R - 7/10 (i don't know  i just like it  ,despite knowing it was not good)

avpfan101

avpfan101

awesome movie enough said

Liberator

Liberator

Predators was just too dreary and sad.  They start out giving the protagonists "no hope", and they are revealed to be killers so you have some token of relief to accept this, that maybe they deserve this fate, but the predators are just powerful enough without making them into kidnappers and executioners and judges like this.  The movie develops some new concepts like the alien dogs that are interesting, but the super predators are overkill again, and their blood-fued is hardly developed so it isn't really worth putting in the movie.  There is one lackluster fight between a predator and a super predator, and the rest of the movie is a harsh, dead-serious fight for survival against some of the most insane odds ever put in a movie.  I liked the performances and the characters, though, and give this film 2.5 stars out of four.

I give Predator 1 four stars, Predator 2, two and a half stars, AVP two and a half stars, and AVP2 one and a half stars.

Nole

Nole

Sadly I dislike Predators more each time I see it, though I originally liked it.

-The script is weak.  It's not really believable they are on another planet other than the few added special effects done to the sky.

-The predators were too short, lacked mobility and simply did not look or act like predators.  Kevin Peter Hall would be ashamed.  Where was the speed and agility?  The predator fight was a clunky wrestling match.  Classic pred's mouth stayed open the whole time.  What's with that?

- Pred hounds...meh.  I appreciate the new idea but I'm not sure this was executed in the best way.

-The whole tone of the film was off.  It simply lacks the Predator film feel.

-You can't go 30 seconds without someone saying "f**k" for absolutely no reason other than to say it.

-None of the characters are interesting.  Edwin is completely out of place and useless to the movie.  Noland is fat and dies in a stupid way.  I still can't tell how exactly Mombasa is killed-confusing and awkward scene.  Isabelle's knowledge and story is laughable and painful to listen to.

-Too much exposition and downtime.

-Too many nods to the first movie.  "C'mon, kill me!"

-All 4 predators die.  How original.

Two cool scenes:  Berserker spine rip and Falcon flyby view.

Basically, whenever I watch it I just wish I could make so many changes.  Oh well.

4 out of 10.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: Liberator on Dec 16, 2012, 12:56:04 AM
Predators was just too dreary and sad.  They start out giving the protagonists "no hope", and they are revealed to be killers so you have some token of relief to accept this, that maybe they deserve this fate, but the predators are just powerful enough without making them into kidnappers and executioners and judges like this.  The movie develops some new concepts like the alien dogs that are interesting, but the super predators are overkill again, and their blood-fued is hardly developed so it isn't really worth putting in the movie.  There is one lackluster fight between a predator and a super predator, and the rest of the movie is a harsh, dead-serious fight for survival against some of the most insane odds ever put in a movie.  I liked the performances and the characters, though, and give this film 2.5 stars out of four.

I give Predator 1 four stars, Predator 2, two and a half stars, AVP two and a half stars, and AVP2 one and a half stars.

Whilst I do agree with some of your points, it was hardly going to be cheerful and uplifting was it?

Liberator

Liberator

The movie shouldn't have been rosey, but take a look at Alien and Aliens.  Aliens STAYED WITH THE HEROINE, which admittedly is impossible without Arnold or Danny, and there were MANY aliens.  Predators was supposed to follow Predator like Aliens did Alien, and that was why it was called Predators.  Where are the MANY predators?  And how is "the fight against them" anything similar to what we saw before?  I would rather have had a main character I could "root for", clearly, and a compelling story that connected with at least one of the first two movies.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

It did connect; they made direct mention of events from the first film.

I can't really remember how easy it is to root for Royce, though. Haven't seen the film since 2010.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Mentioning the first film is pretty meaningless when the events in the film aren't remotely tied. At least Predator 2 picks up in a way that made sense because it was supposedly taking place soon after Predator.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the female character in Predators investigating the events in the first film or something prior to being abducted? And Predator 2 also had a research team of sorts, right?

Sorry, I don't remember very much about Predator 2 or Predators.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yeah, Keyes' team in P2 was looking into the Predator and how they could go about capturing one, certainly. As for Predators, I really don't remember. I never watched it again after its initial release.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed