Does the Alien Anthology have everything in The Alien Saga DVD disc?

Started by predxeno, Dec 14, 2011, 12:35:23 AM

Author
Does the Alien Anthology have everything in The Alien Saga DVD disc? (Read 6,798 times)

predxeno

Does the Alien Anthology have everything in the Special Features of the below DVD?

SM

You mean the screen tests and trailers and stuff? the BRs DO have some of Weaver's screen tests, and yes there's trailers and featurettes and stuff, but without know the exact content of that DVD - I'm not sure if it's duplicated on the Anthology.

avpjunkie

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 14, 2011, 12:35:23 AM
Does the Alien Anthology have everything in the Special Features of the below DVD?

I'm still waiting on my bluray boxset from amazon.co.uk to know for sure, but I don't think there is anything in the anthology that is narrated by john hurt.

SM

Yeah there is.  Disk 6.  Narrated by John Hurt and produced by...

PROMETHEUS ENTERTAINMENT

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

predxeno

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviewshd/bdreviews102210.html

Just got info from above site that The Alien Saga dvd has some stuff that the Alien Anthology doesn't.  Looks like I'll be keeping that DD, then.

RezSucks

So just to get this straight:
If you want to have erverything Alien - moviewise- you'd need Alien Anthology (BR), Alien Saga, and Alien Legacy (for the score)?

SM

Anthology has isolated scores from memory.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes it does.
More Blu-rays should have that option. Great stuff.

RezSucks

Quote from: SM on Jan 02, 2012, 12:10:51 PM
Anthology has isolated scores from memory.
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 02, 2012, 12:47:39 PM
Yes it does.
More Blu-rays should have that option. Great stuff.
I was referring to this (from http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviewshd/bdreviews102210.html):

"There IS one thing missing from the original Legacy DVDs, which is the Alternate Music & Production Sound audio track on the original Alien special edition."

"One additional note, however: If you have Image Entertainment's original Alien Saga DVD, you may wish to keep it. It includes a couple things not available on the Anthology or anywhere else, including 4 short Aliens production featurettes[...]"

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

As far as I know it's just the covers that are different, otherwise the extras are the same.

SM

Quote"There IS one thing missing from the original Legacy DVDs, which is the Alternate Music & Production Sound audio track on the original Alien special edition."

Not sure what they mean by special edition on the legacy set.  It was just the original cut of the film on that disk.

SiL

Special edition DVD?

SM

Mitt all der extras - probably.

Gash

So, I want to buy ALIEN on blu ray. Does the single release have everything that's been on the DVD versions over the years? I really don't want any of the other films post 1979.

Cvalda

Quote from: Gash on May 19, 2012, 04:34:41 AM
So, I want to buy ALIEN on blu ray. Does the single release have everything that's been on the DVD versions over the years? I really don't want any of the other films post 1979.
Nope. It only has the commentaries and isolated scores. You want the extras, you have to get the Anthology set.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed