Return of AliensPredator CCG - Unlikely

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Jul 10, 2007, 10:44:52 AM

Author
Return of AliensPredator CCG - Unlikely (Read 1,849 times)

The Ultimate Predator

Some interesting news on my site:

After what Galmorzu (ex-ZI Games member) said on the Future Plans page, I looked into this and discovered that the cards company Reality Simulations, Inc own the rights to the AliensPredator CCG game, and the Battleground system. This is what they had to say on terms of a re-release:

"As far as re-release goes, it's unlikely. The TCG market is much changed since that time, the licence hasexpired, Precedence is dead and everyone has disbursed. I unfortunately don't see it happening, at least as a real product. It's remotely possible it could be a virtual product if one of us got super-inspired, but even that's remote."

So basically, the only way it looks likely is if someone buys the rights off them, which means you would have to be, as Galmorzu said, filthy rich. I have updated the Future Plans and the FAQ pages accordingly.

Corporal Hicks

...how much does the license cost?

The Ultimate Predator

I don't know, but only they can buy it, as they still own the rights, its like they own it, but have to renew it.

Corporal Hicks

I couldn't imagine it costing a lot. As long as they're doing nothing with it...lol Maybe we could tempt Inkworks into branching out in TCGs?  ;D

The Ultimate Predator

Lol, I doubt it. Somebody independent should try it, but I can't see it happening.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There's always Sony Online Entertainment. Their Stargate TCG is fantastic, plus they've done Online and Print versions.

Ah, I see:

QuoteI guess if someone were filthy rich, they could buy the rights back for the ccg Battleground System, and buy the rights to the Aliens and Predator (and AvP films), but it really would cost a fortune, and that doesn't even take into account find out who owns the CCG rights.

What I meant is someone should just make a new AvP game full stop.

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 10, 2007, 11:02:36 AM
There's always Sony Online Entertainment. Their Stargate TCG is fantastic, plus they've done Online and Print versions.

Ah, I see:

QuoteI guess if someone were filthy rich, they could buy the rights back for the ccg Battleground System, and buy the rights to the Aliens and Predator (and AvP films), but it really would cost a fortune, and that doesn't even take into account find out who owns the CCG rights.

What I meant is someone should just make a new AvP game full stop.

I see. The guy told me that a new license would be very expensive.

Corporal Hicks

I can't see it costing a lot. It's not that big a license and they're not doing a lot with it.

The Ultimate Predator

Thats all I was told.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed