The Hot Box

Started by Anonymous684, May 10, 2012, 07:51:06 PM

Author
The Hot Box (Read 725 times)

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

The Hot Box
Post.Discuss.Argue.

Members can come here and discuss there crazy/quirky Ideas, Theories, Conspiracies, and any other mind blowing thoughts or ideas He/She may have.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

We're not real. None of us are. And if you think we are, try and prove it to me.

Spoiler
Sorry, I have a bit of Descartes on the mind ;)
[close]

Cvalda

Cvalda

In a billion years, the sun will have expanded to the point where all the oceans on the Earth will have boiled away, and all terrestrial life will be incinerated, gone without a trace--leaving no one and nothing to remember that any of us, or any other life, ever existed on this planet. We may as well already have never existed at all. :)

Spoiler
[close]

maledoro

maledoro

Here's an engineering schematic for an idea I have:

Prime113

Nightmare Asylum

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I think, NA, therefore I am.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 11, 2012, 04:44:18 PM
I think, NA, therefore I am.

But how can I be aware that you think? How do I even know that you're real? Or the computer that I'm reading this text on, is that real?

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

It's only real if you tell your mind it is.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Quote from: osiris. on May 11, 2012, 08:22:23 PM
Some scientists thinks that at the boundaries of matter, reality is maybe not a certainty.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: EEV-2501 on May 11, 2012, 09:21:04 PM
Quote from: osiris. on May 11, 2012, 08:22:23 PM
Some scientists thinks that at the boundaries of matter, reality is maybe not a certainty.

I've found myself thinking numerous times that sure, the math and science that we use is applicable here on Earth, but is it really the true math/science, or is it just based on some random coincidence? For all we know, what we think we know about the universe is wrong, and contradicted by an all encompassing science that impacts not just earth, but everything.

ShadowPred

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed