Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized

Started by OmegaZilla, Apr 04, 2010, 05:12:36 PM

Author
Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized (Read 238,762 times)

Zwecky

Zwecky

Twilight.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm gald that I'm not the only one who thought Bioshock was overrated.

MadassAlex

Bioshock is brilliant at what it does; the issue is when reviewers advertise it as something else. It was a fun, atmospheric, linear FPS that told a mediocre story with lots of class and tension.

Purebreedalien

Vulhala

MadassAlex

I have an interpretation of Twilight wherein all the major characters are suffering from severe mental trauma that prevents them from leading normal, functional lives. Makes the plot a lot more interesting.

Doesn't help the writing, though.

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 06, 2010, 12:55:37 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Apr 06, 2010, 12:39:59 PM
Quote from: Zwecky on Apr 06, 2010, 06:39:23 AM
Twilight.

Bingo. Can't stand that shite.

Greed. I cn has cookie?

You can has cookie.

Looks kinda pixel-y. Be careful.. it might be from the Pillowfighting Thread.

Keg

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Apr 06, 2010, 12:39:59 PM
Quote from: Zwecky on Apr 06, 2010, 06:39:23 AM
Twilight.

Bingo. Can't stand that shite.

Seconded. I found out the other day, that a song I really like on The Black Ghosts album is on the soundtrack. Well thats f**ked it up because now i'm gonna get daft knackers coming up to me going....oooooh from Twilight right? Bollocks!

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Apr 06, 2010, 04:23:13 AM
Then your previous comment is epically full of epic fail.

you're going to tell me Kill Bill, Hostel, and Inglorious Basterds weren't blood fests?

Keg

Keg

Inglorious Basterds wasnt no. Sure when it gets violent it doesnt skimp but theres actually very few scenes like that in the movie. Its more of a long drawn out story with alot of dialogue to build everything up. And Hostel wasnt a Tarantino movie he just lent his name to his friend Eli roth to kinda give the movie a push. Kinda the same way Peter Jacksons name cropped up with District 9 even though he didnt actually have much to do with the movie.

and as for kill bill that was deliberate and done in a cartoony way on purpose to make it daft. And despite its premise Deathproof only has one gory scene lasting about 2 minutes in a near 2 hour movie. The only movie that was a blood fest for the sake of it directed by tarantino was Kill Bill. Sure others have violence in them but they are never the focus the way it is in kill bill and they are never as cartoony and over the top.

SM

SM

Quoteyou're going to tell me Kill Bill, Hostel, and Inglorious Basterds weren't blood fests?

Kill Bill was dopey and had lots of blood.
Hostel is a Eli Roth flick - not Tarantino.
Inglorious Basterds - no, not that I can remember.  There were a couple of bits that were bloody, but it's a long way from a blood fest.

Besides my point was, Pulp Fiction is far and away his best film so best watch that before passing judgement on his ability to spin a good yarn.  In recent times he has however seriously lost his mojo and wallowed in self indulgent twaddle like Kill Bill and Deathproof.  Inglorious Basterds, while still a long way from his best, suggests he may be finally be starting to get back on track.

DoomRulz

Damn it, I just realized; I meant The Descent, not Hostel.

SM

Not a Tarantino flick either.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 07, 2010, 01:04:01 AMDamn it, I just realized; I meant The Descent, not Hostel.

That movie is directed and written by Neil Marshall.

By the way, Jackie Brown isn't a bloody movie either.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Apr 07, 2010, 01:08:37 AM
Not a Tarantino flick either.

Hm...I swear, I remember Tarantino was involved with a horror film in the early part of either 08 or 09. And it was bloody.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed