Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 318,165 times)

Billiken

Billiken

X files and 24 best shows in my opinion. A lot of shows today feel like time fillers. But really got absorbed with these 2

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I love the X Files. Lately I've been into Bob's Burgers.

son_of_kane

son_of_kane

Space: Above and Beyond was really underrated imo. If only it had found its audience, it could've been up there with The X-Files (incidentally, two of The X-Files writers, Glen Morgan and James Wong, created it).

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Currently watching Dark, and what a f**king show ! I'am 3 episodes in and I'm addicted  :o

Vermillion

Vermillion

I guess I gotta change my Hudson Avatar now...

razeak

razeak

Man in the High Castle. So good.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I loved that show. Right up until the final few minutes.

Kradan

Kradan

I was expecting a wave of posts claiming that

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
after Luke showed up
[close]
[close]
[close]

Mandalorian became their favourite TV show

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 20, 2020, 01:47:58 AM
I guess I gotta change my Hudson Avatar now...

Fixed  :D

razeak

razeak

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 21, 2020, 09:29:22 AM
I loved that show. Right up until the final few minutes.

S3 and s4 kind of a letdown so far. Its like a different set of writers tackles it. I feel like John stalled out. Only on epi1 of S4

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I thought season 2 was by far the best. Season 1 suffered a bit from the fact I didn't think the stuff going on with the main characters wast anything like as interesting as the stuff going on around them. 3 and for 4 were good but like I said, the ending (without spoiling it) was a real let-down.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 22, 2020, 09:03:52 AM
I thought season 2 was by far the best. Season 1 suffered a bit from the fact I didn't think the stuff going on with the main characters wast anything like as interesting as the stuff going on around them. 3 and for 4 were good but like I said, the ending (without spoiling it) was a real let-down.

Spoiler
did the show get a premature end? 3 looks like it kind of went off the rails with a change in executive producer. Joe Blake, Tagoshi and Good John Smith just didn't seem to fit well in how they were dealt with. It was like they were trimming characters and rushing to do it. As for the actual end scenes, I would have preferred John Smith (Inspecto Kido also) come to his senses since we were teased for so long. He actually did I suppose, he just never took a step to do it until that last moment when he pulled that trigger. When he said "I don't know how." when Helen was grilling him about stopping everything, that was powerful to me. I think Smith needed to die clearly, but I think he knew if he pulled that trigger it was what would stop it. He knew he didn't have the courage or whatever to call it all off, but he had a man behind him that would. Helen was my favorite character by far. As for the people coming from other worlds, that was odd. Why would they all of the sudden be pouring in. Men, women and children alike? It didn't make sense unless the anomaly was somehow pulling people through. I guess my head canon is that everyone that was wronged from the moment the Nazis and Japanese started their murderous rampages in the 1930s was being brought back from the afterlife to get another chance at life. I know that isn't the theme of the portals, but they didn't really give much idea of what was happening so whatever. Its a good bad ending I suppose. I wish we had another season of development at least.
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: razeak on Dec 22, 2020, 04:10:31 PM
Spoiler
did the show get a premature end? 3 looks like it kind of went off the rails with a change in executive producer. Joe Blake, Tagoshi and Good John Smith just didn't seem to fit well in how they were dealt with. It was like they were trimming characters and rushing to do it. As for the actual end scenes, I would have preferred John Smith (Inspecto Kido also) come to his senses since we were teased for so long. He actually did I suppose, he just never took a step to do it until that last moment when he pulled that trigger. When he said "I don't know how." when Helen was grilling him about stopping everything, that was powerful to me. I think Smith needed to die clearly, but I think he knew if he pulled that trigger it was what would stop it. He knew he didn't have the courage or whatever to call it all off, but he had a man behind him that would. Helen was my favorite character by far. As for the people coming from other worlds, that was odd. Why would they all of the sudden be pouring in. Men, women and children alike? It didn't make sense unless the anomaly was somehow pulling people through. I guess my head canon is that everyone that was wronged from the moment the Nazis and Japanese started their murderous rampages in the 1930s was being brought back from the afterlife to get another chance at life. I know that isn't the theme of the portals, but they didn't really give much idea of what was happening so whatever. Its a good bad ending I suppose. I wish we had another season of development at least.
[close]

Spoiler
I get the impression there was a message in the ending, the show just did absolutely nothing to tell you what it was.

It felt more like a cliffhanger setup for a subsequent season than a conclusion to the show. It didn't wrap anything up. It didn't even end with an interesting question. It just threw a total curve ball at you and then stopped.

It's a shame because, as you say, there was some fantastic stuff in the final season. But when I found out partway through watching it that season 4 was going to be the last, I immediately started worrying the end was going to be bullshit, and it was.
[close]

razeak

razeak

I'm on season 4 of Vikings after needing a binge fix once I finished The Man in the High Castle.  There is quite a bit of character depth. It's great overall. I have a few quibbles with how a character was "released" but whatever.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: razeak on Jan 14, 2021, 02:29:58 PM
I'm on season 4 of Vikings after needing a binge fix once I finished The Man in the High Castle.  There is quite a bit of character depth. It's great overall. I have a few quibbles with how a character was "released" but whatever.

I just finished this series, enjoy the ride :)

I'm curious how you will feel about the momentum of the last two seasons. 

Skoll!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed