Recent posts

General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by TilotnyWorshiper28 - Today at 01:45:28 PM
Quote from: SM on Today at 09:04:10 AMSo he's not infiltrating Jabba's Palace and hanging with old mate Dash?
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 09:34:11 AM
Quote from: SM on Today at 09:04:10 AMSo he's not infiltrating Jabba's Palace and hanging with old mate Dash?

Not yet, but hope springs eternal.

@TilotnyWorshiper28 Do let us know when Lando infiltrates Jabba's Palace and hangs out with old mate Dash, won't you?

hes infiltraten jabber's palace a few times sadly not with dash. One was with chewie to confirm Han's carbonite slab was still there after the qi'ra trilogy of stories .  Lando is in hot water cause he sold rebellion secrets for a high republic era talky droid that could help fix lobot (get some of his original personality back from being eaten by the cybernetics) Dark droids event exposed what lando did to the rebellion. he's really Remoresful and says the rebellion is where he belongs. the trial was interrupted when mon mothama got kidnapped .
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by LiquidMonster - Today at 01:29:09 PM
Excellent news.

Still puzzled by the lack of Sigourney Weaver's involvement. Especially knowing that James Cameron is participating.
Alien Films / Re: Alien 3/Resurrection "plot...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 01:14:24 PM
Quote from: Eal on Today at 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 12:50:49 PMTalking about Resurrection, there is a french interview of Jeunet that just got out, where he talks about the movie in depth and how it influenced his life overall.

I don't want to post it since it's in french and the youtube translation thing is very bad for this video.

Funny bits though :

- he literally says the movie is pretty dumb overall lol.

- he considers the movie being "apart" in his career and that it didn't influenced
his later films at all

- he does say he loved the experience though

- he says all french actors and directors that were in hollywood at the time
came sleeping at his house because he was kind of an attraction lol

- he insists that he personally pushed for ideas like the breath door thing
and Perez fiddling with his brain among others

- he says that a lot of his assistants were truly bad at their job lol

- he says he will go see Romulus out of curiosity

I didn't watch the whole thing yet, but that's what I found most amusing from what I saw.

The fiddling with brain thingy was one of the moments that stick out in my memory most when I think of Resurrection.

Me too. Oh and he also talk about the famous blowjob Weaver gave to the inner mouth of a xeno... I'm sure most of us already knew about it. It was filmed, they sent it to the studio and apparently it amused him very much to do so because he knew they would not allow it to be in the final cut.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by GrimmVision - Today at 01:11:42 PM
My post wasn't to say that you absolutely shouldn't root for Dillon. Heck, I kinda do by the end because he's a bettered person and actually proves it. Without him, Ripley wouldn't have accomplished anything in Alien 3. But, clearly there are a ton of moral intricacies in rooting for someone who has a past which includes killing and raping even though they've seemingly moved past what they've done.

Some people even go so far as to making fan edits wanting to remove Dillon's character flaws because they'd rather Dillon be a morally good character, someone to root for without those second guesses entering the back of their mind.

Rooting for Dillon really depends on moral stances and those can be so intricate that they can even facilitate contradictions. I also root for David because he's a well written, nuanced, and exciting villain so :P

I do believe Dillon is a well written character because he's flawed and not a cookie cutter cutout.
Last post by Eal - Today at 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 12:50:49 PMTalking about Resurrection, there is a french interview of Jeunet that just got out, where he talks about the movie in depth and how it influenced his life overall.

I don't want to post it since it's in french and the youtube translation thing is very bad for this video.

Funny bits though :

- he considers the movie being "apart" in his career and that it didn't influenced
his later films at all

I didn't watch the whole thing yet, but that's what I found most amusing from what I saw.

The fiddling with brain thingy was one of the moments that stick out in my memory most when I think of Resurrection.
If Neca hasnĀ“t still wrapped with the license, that means that probably in some future we would see a new mold of the predalien from "Requiem", am I right?
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 12:50:49 PM
Talking about Resurrection, there is a french interview of Jeunet that just got out, where he talks about the movie in depth and how it influenced his life overall.

Funny bits though :

his later films at all

Quote from: Neila on Today at 11:49:36 AMThe term Xenomorph is made up of ancient Greek for "stranger" or "alien" and for "shape" or "form", while Yautja is just a fantasy name.

Yea sounds cooler so I accept.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by oduodu - Today at 11:56:24 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 07:03:45 AMTellingly they both die in their last acts of seeming absolution. The only price high enough to pay to redeem themselves is their lives in exchange for countless others - and even that might not be quite enough.

sil

your ability to use the english language is phenominal. you should write a novel or something.

#cough#

essay about burke not working alone...........

*cough*

sorry off topic.

lol
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed