10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 152,119 times)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 24, 2022, 06:09:42 AMI referred to the preparation montage in Dutch's case actually, not to the actual fight or when the Predator arrives, I should have clarified that earlier.

In no way does the concept of body heat come into either conclusion the characters draw as I understand it.

It is likely the plant also like the mud stops being effective after enough extertion though.

We know the Predators see differently without the mask, the characters have no such luxury.

So you think Dutch thought the mud was magical?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think he and she came to a conclusion without knowing exactly why it works being that to make assumptions of an alien foe would be a folly.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 25, 2022, 11:34:08 AMI think he and she came to a conclusion without knowing exactly why it works being that to make assumptions of an alien foe would be a folly.

And what is that conclusion? that the mud is magical?

Dutch learn that mud+not moving means the pred can't detect you so he went on to tactically move and use motion to his advantage. 

she learned that as well and went on to move like a foot in front of the pred.  That's the issue.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The conclusion: "He couldn't see me."
Why exactly Dutch does not know.

It is not an issue though, wherever Naru stood would be where the Fur Trapper aimed his weapon and therefore an angle the Predator might approach from anyway, if Naru stepped more out of the way the trap would be given away as such because the Fur Trapper would aim in Naru's general direction.

Highland

Highland

There was a large fire lit as well with French guy screaming in pain. The fire was already used in Predators to confuse the Beserker. In fact when you think about it, it was used in the original also.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Random moment out in the wild today. My chiropractor knows I'm a Predator fan. I go to visit and get an adjustment today, and without prompt he says "man, I've seen Prey now 4 times. It's just too damn good." And he's told me he only really liked P1.

Stuff like that is fun.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 26, 2022, 11:34:04 PMRandom moment out in the wild today. My chiropractor knows I'm a Predator fan. I go to visit and get an adjustment today, and without prompt he says "man, I've seen Prey now 4 times. It's just too damn good." And he's told me he only really liked P1.

Stuff like that is fun.

aren't chiropractors a scam?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 25, 2022, 11:34:08 AMI think he and she came to a conclusion without knowing exactly why it works being that to make assumptions of an alien foe would be a folly.

I think the most logical assumption by Dutch would have been that the mud simply made him blend in visually (rather than thermally) with his jungle surroundings.  But it didn't really matter enough to him that he bothered to question it.  It worked and that was good enough at the time.

Maybe when he was debriefed by OWLF (or whomever), they're the ones who deduced that the mud masked his body heat.  That's how they knew to use similar countermeasures against City Hunter in P2.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: overthere on Aug 26, 2022, 11:47:21 PMaren't chiropractors a scam?

I deal with chronic pain due to an injury on a photo set. The crack from the chiropractor releases the pain for about a week at a time, and if I don't go it builds up to very rough pain. It's all on the individual's own experience to decide.

SiL

SiL

Chiropractic as a medicine is a scam, but spinal corrections are a valid form of physiotherapy.

Great for relieving tensions, not for curing cancer.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Does it work for erectile dysfunction?

Asking for a friend.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 26, 2022, 11:34:04 PMRandom moment out in the wild today. My chiropractor knows I'm a Predator fan. I go to visit and get an adjustment today, and without prompt he says "man, I've seen Prey now 4 times. It's just too damn good." And he's told me he only really liked P1.

Stuff like that is fun.

Does he whisper in your ear `If it cracks, we can heal it' just before he manipulates your back?

;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And deleted. Once again, I don't care what you think, but I care how you say it. I won't tolerate the use of words like "retarded" in a derogatory fashion. First and only warning, Preddie-nokas.

Komenja

Komenja

Was finally able to watch this last night, for some reason Hulu gave me an error every time I tried to make an account, until now. I really, really liked this movie. On paper it's already the perfect combo of things I love: Native American culture, and the Predator. Probably gives me a bias towards the film, but I do think it was a genuinely good movie on it's own merits. I think it moves at a good pace, the cast all did a great job, the action was well choregraphed and there were a lot of creative fights and kills.

I love everything about Feral, save for the face and how powerful his cloaking tech is compared to the other Preds in the series. He spends a lot of time wading through water without his camouflage disrupting at all, it just seems really bizarre how much better his camo is when everything else he has is less advanced in comparison to the other Preds in the series. I guess his Clan put most of their Honor Points into upgrading the camo.

I don't really agree with the notions that he doesn't behave like a Predator, or that he's too stupid to know how his weapon works. His spear gun can absolutely be dumb-fired without the helmet; it flies straight for a short period before it starts homing for the marked target. If Taabe hadn't been a fast moving target on horseback, and if Feral had been closer to Naru in their final battle, I believe the spears would've hit them before they started homing. Feral's downfall was not knowing Naru had hidden his helmet and maneuvered him into it's sights. You can see him realize this right before the spear nails him in the back of the head. He even starts to vocalize, as if to say "Oh, shit!" I personally think it's similar to how Dutch tricked Jungle Hunter in the original film, and maybe even an intentional callback to that moment.

One thing that does bug me, though, regarding the flower. When Feral is stalking through the camp, he mistakes Raphael for being dead since his blood has gone cold. But, Feral's helmet still picks up the body, with text and a line directly pointing to it out. He is fully aware that the body is there, he just thinks  he's dead. But then, when Naru takes the flower, she becomes completely invisible to Feral as he walks right past her. He should've noticed the cold body that was somehow still standing.

Also, I wish they hadn't included the flintlock from P2 and the Raphael character at all. I think the comic told a much more interesting story and portrayal of that character. But I can't hold any ill will for the film if the people involved didn't know the comic existed. And I get that EU stuff will always be secondary to movie stuff, but man, sometimes the EU stuff is better in some aspects.

Oh, two more things: First, I heard there was a full Comanche dub, but I don't see an option for that on Hulu. How does one watch that version?

Second: If they ever make a live-action Turok movie, I think Dakota Beaver would be a great choice. I think he'd make a perfect Turok/Tal'set if he bulked up a bit, and an excellent Joshua Fireseed as he already is.

Preddie-nokas

Preddie-nokas

This movie sucks, I expected it to be bad, but it was even worse. One of the worst movies I watched this year, Predator cuts his own arm, kills himself because obviously he doesn't understand his own weapons. And he can't even hurt 50 kg girl because she is so agile, fast, smart and cool. Although she wasn't agile and smart enough to outsmart the bear who was easily defeated by Predator. And we saw that Predator is much more agile than her, running faster, jumping higher, but in the end battle she became superhero and he couldn't touch her. Crazy, illogical, bad, I can't even find words to describe how bad it was, terrible writing and even worse execution.

Naru actor is extremely bad, her behavior is the same in the beginning of the movie, as it is in the end when she lost most of her tribe and her brother. No issues in the fact she lost everything, because she send the message and proved she is warrior. No logic at all.

Dutch was confident at beginning and devastated at the end of original Predator. But Naru is same all the time, no emotions, no character growth, empty shell.

And Feral who jumps in front of loaded pistols and looks at it is pure idiot who is always visible and in the open. Dutch's team would kill it in 5 minutes if he attacked them so openly. Feral doesn't even behave like Predator, but like low IQ beast.

Maybe even the worst Predator movie of all of them, wow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed