10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 152,169 times)

Highland

Highland

There's lots of reasons to dislike prey , hell I even agree with some, but Naru being the hero isn't one of them.

She wants to take out the biggest Prey to be recognised, that just so happens to be a space monster.

I find it weird that if this movie were to copy Predator exactly ( like we never saw predator before) it would be bashed, but when the movie cuts those corners ( because we did see predator before) it still gets bashed  :laugh:

Memphis

Memphis

I wonder how Prey would have been recieved without Predators and The Predator.
Movie is fine, but I didn't get kick out of it, despite good action.  This flick has really dumb moments from pred and you feel like this stuff needed to happen because it is a movie there predator must lose. It is not organic enought. Also why we can't get good yautja design - his head is awful. It's looks cool in the mask, without it - hell no. 3 out of 5, I guess.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Naru wanting to be more than she is and proving people wrong isn't a girl fighting the patriarchy thing, it's a human thing especially in young adulthood. And yes, Taabe admits that what he said previously in the movie about her failing against the cat was incorrect. She clearly injured it and he took that advantage later on when he confronted it alone. In fact, the only reason he was probably even able to carry her home was because it was so injured. When he gives her props initially he's being sincere and in the moment, it's not until Naru becomes bitter in his moment of celebration that he cuts her down, probably because he felt her being sour when the entire tribe was celebrating was inappropriate.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: newagescamartist on Aug 15, 2022, 01:31:54 PMNaru wanting to be more than she is and proving people wrong isn't a girl fighting the patriarchy thing, it's a human thing especially in young adulthood.

It's like a fundamental part of the human experience. Proving yourself.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Memphis on Aug 15, 2022, 11:15:08 AMI wonder how Prey would have been recieved without Predators and The Predator.
Movie is fine, but I didn't get kick out of it, despite good action.  This flick has really dumb moments from pred and you feel like this stuff needed to happen because it is a movie there predator must lose. It is not organic enought. Also why we can't get good yautja design - his head is awful. It's looks cool in the mask, without it - hell no. 3 out of 5, I guess.

The story is dull and predictable, special effects and animations are pretty bad, acting is mediocre. No iconic characters, no iconic dialogs, No tension, the "predator" was stupid, "predator" it's more of a creature then a predator.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The seething and malding.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

The yuppies networking.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Lionhart on Aug 15, 2022, 02:21:53 PM
Quote from: Memphis on Aug 15, 2022, 11:15:08 AMI wonder how Prey would have been recieved without Predators and The Predator.

The story is dull and predictable, special effects and animations are pretty bad, acting is mediocre. No iconic characters, no iconic dialogs, No tension, the "predator" was stupid, "predator" it's more of a creature then a predator.

Why do you come here every day if you hate it so much? We get it. You don't like the film. It's absolutely exhausting having to come into this thread and read the same replies from you over and over again.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 15, 2022, 03:02:40 PM

The story is dull and predictable, special effects and animations are pretty bad, acting is mediocre. No iconic characters, no iconic dialogs, No tension, the "predator" was stupid, "predator" it's more of a creature then a predator.

Why do you come here every day if you hate it so much? We get it. You don't like the film. It's absolutely exhausting having to come into this thread and read the same replies from you over and over again.

Why do you want everyone to love this film? I get it, you love the film, not everyone does and this is a discussion board. Imagen everyone loving the same movie, there wouldn't be much of a discussion would it? Be happy we all not alike.

skhellter

skhellter

no one's forced to love the film.

it's just that you're being very weird and very repetitive and very annoying about it.

You're that guy at parties that just starts shit talking everything that other people like and then acts surprised when other people just.. don't like talking to you.

PredBabe

PredBabe

I think there's a decent amount of back and forth going on from both sides.

It's a review thread and the moment someone criticizes the movie it becomes a lynching for not seeing it as the masterpiece sequel some are claiming it to be. There are definitely some remarks and complaints that are out of bounds, by way of those complaining about having a female character as the lead, but I think other criticism has been appropriate for discussion...

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: skhellter on Aug 15, 2022, 03:31:27 PMno one's forced to love the film.

it's just that you're being very weird and very repetitive and very annoying about it.

You're that guy at parties that just starts shit talking everything that other people like and then acts surprised when other people just.. don't like talking to you.

Oh so now you want to talk about my life? And who I am? I thought this stuff wasn't allowed, but since admin let it be allowed I will tell you something about me.

First of all I don't party, alcohol is something I consume once a year, I rather spend that energy in the gym. second of all, I never started the shit talk in real life, I feel you are describing yourself here, you embarrassing yourself.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 15, 2022, 03:34:26 PM

I think there's a decent amount of back and forth going on from both sides.

It's a review thread and the moment someone criticizes the movie it becomes a lynching for not seeing it as the masterpiece sequel some are claiming it to be. There are definitely some remarks and complaints that are out of bounds, by way of those complaining about having a female character as the lead, but I think other criticism has been appropriate for discussion...

He's talking specifically to Lionhart. Lots of folks here dislike the movie. Sil has lots of criticisms and has good discussions regarding them.

Lionhart hides behind "But its a discussion board!" But he's not discussing anything, just repeating the same hyperbolic statements.

Also "lynching" is such a poor choice of words imo.

Quote from: Lionhart on Aug 15, 2022, 03:43:40 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Aug 15, 2022, 03:31:27 PMno one's forced to love the film.

First of all I don't party, alcohol is something I consume once a year, I rather spend that energy in the gym. second of all, I never started the shit talk in real life, I feel you are describing yourself here, you embarrassing yourself.

I'm guessing you don't know what an analogy is...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Lionhart on Aug 15, 2022, 03:07:44 PM

Why do you want everyone to love this film? I get it, you love the film, not everyone does and this is a discussion board. Imagen everyone loving the same movie, there wouldn't be much of a discussion would it? Be happy we all not alike.

You are replying to the site owner so, he has asked you to kindly stop it, so please do so.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Also, it's simply ridiculous to expect a movie to be iconic barely a week after it's come out. That takes years to happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed