What is the current 'theory' for the storyline? (possible spoilers)

Started by The PredBen, May 02, 2012, 01:42:56 AM

Author
What is the current 'theory' for the storyline? (possible spoilers) (Read 16,561 times)

The PredBen

The PredBen

I'm just curious, what is the current dominant theory about Prometheus's storyline? I mean, when I was here checking this board a month ago, the theories regarding the plot, the engineers, specific characters seemed somewhat different. I'm up to date on the trailers, but feel I'm still missing some info. I'm just curious what the dominant theory is right now regarding the film's plot. My apologizes if this doesn't merit it's own thread, didn't want to spam an already existing one.

ChrisPachi

You sir are about to be told they entire storyline... in 3, 2, 1...

whiterabbit

Everyone dies in the end. Mostly.

Terx2

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 02, 2012, 06:22:32 AM
Everyone dies in the end. Mostly.

It would be ironic if everyone lived ;D

atlantis

Spoiler
They all melting together into one big organic mass, so the SJ can grow to its full size in the chair...
[close]

RustiSwordz

Vepariga

They find the jockeys,access holographic last records of the ship. snakehuggers share some love,people die and then probably get stranded on the surface. hold hands and sing songs while crying and fade to credits.

escroto

The engineer dude rapes Vickers in the chair. Then kicks her out of the derelict in the middle of the flight. Then the end credits.

Zenzucht

Ask somebody from FOX  8)

Kev Loaf

The plot is very simmiliar to Lovercrafts Mountain of Madness,

SJ = Elder Things
Creature crouched next to SJ in mural = Shoggoths
Yet to be identified creature = Terrible evil being that drives people insane

whiterabbit

You know, I'm not so sure I'd be happy seeing a tentacle monster... however wasn't the shaggoths a black slime? We do see black oily things coming out of the urns.

Kev Loaf

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 02, 2012, 09:54:18 AM
You know, I'm not so sure I'd be happy seeing a tentacle monster... however wasn't the shaggoths a black slime? We do see black oily things coming out of the urns.

You're right in the book they were slimy creatures. However, I assume they wont copy the Shaggoths that directly. I'm thinking more along the lines of a creature created to serve the SJ but eventually turns on them just like the Shaggoths did on the Elders.

Ruzena

Whole prometheus is in Predator training holo world. Before the ending credits kick in, the hiologram goes off, predator comes to shaw, gives her 16th century gun and says: "good work here you done"

whiterabbit

Is Prometheus going to flat out state that humans were made by a higher intelligence being? Who all along has also been giving us knowledge? And that the universe is full of alien life. I remember a Ridley interview where he said that he believed it was mathematically improbable for man to be where man is without help. Then is he going to mix that with HP Lovecraft? Where we have us, then space jockeys and then the shit hits the fan and just keeps getting worse. Maybe even to the point that the entire reason we want the alien is because we need it to save our own skin? However all along no one wants to admit the truth to the public because it is just that horrible of a nightmare.

RustiSwordz

I think human development, the Engineers and the Xenos are all intertwined and the connetion are as dark and unplesant as you can imagine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed