Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 132,485 times)

BonesawT101

Quote from: fakk3 on Dec 26, 2016, 12:18:21 PM
Time to sell Alien franchise to Disney. They are know how make good sequels/prequels  ;D
"what?! Is that a joke?"

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 26, 2016, 03:58:10 AM
The thing that completely mystifies me about this trailer is the release date.  Christmas Day.

Christmas Day?  Really..? 

How much more disconnected with everything that Christmas means to people can you get? 

Fox Marketing Exec #1:  "when should we release a major movie trailer featuring hideous monsters shredding up the crew of a space ship when people need it the least?"

Fox Marketing Exec #2:   "How about Christmas?"

Fox Marketing Exec #1:  "Excellent idea!  No one needs any more of that 'Joy to the World' and 'Goodwill to All' stuff on Christmas Day as much as they need a gory scary ALIEN trailer.  Let's do it!"

Seriously, though, why release an 'ALIEN' trailer of all things on Christmas Day?  I just don't get it...

-Windebieste.

Because to half the people out there xmas is a miserable, isolating time of year?  Seems the perfect time for an alien trailer.

I suspect everyone who hates the trailer is still gonna see it (i dislike the vibe but I am still going because that is what i do).  Just, for myself I know I am not going to the midnight screening this time around.  I'll still catch it opening weekend but I'm not gonna be first in line.
They're still getting my money, just this time around I am not losing sleep for it.

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

Quote from: Kronnang_Dunn on Dec 26, 2016, 11:04:41 AM
RED BAND???!!! WTH... Last time I checked, Red Band is swearing, guts, mutilations and lots of blood. This is not Red Band at all...  ???  ::)

I heard at least one "f**k" and saw tons of red blood, including something bursting out of someone's back. Seemed red band to me!

Quote from: Rankles75 on Dec 26, 2016, 10:56:34 AM
Some people on here (on both sides) really need to get out more...  ::)

Agreed. I thought it was a good trailer. Prometheus was shrouded in mystery and "is it or isn't it?" so the trailer was a thing of beauty. This is not meant to have that same impact because we know it's both a sequel to Prometheus and a more direct prequel to Alien.

Also - this shower scene insanity. It's clearly the way it's cut for the trailer. I highly doubt in an intense, dark Ridley Scott film he inserted a cliched, throwaway sex in the shower death scene for kicks. Context is everything.

I also think Hicks is onto something when he says this is mainly from the first act. Matches what I've heard/read.

motherfather

motherfather

Lol. The lyrics to the trailer song about a boy...

Reminds me of "there was a little girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead..." lol!

Murph Morph

Murph Morph

Well said shawsbaby

IAmNotASmartMan you just reminded me of another stupid dialogue in Prometheus that further establishes the fact that they were indeed the most idiotic explorers in the history of mankind.
"I love rocks!!!", "because I want to believe" and "yes, father" are my favourite retard lines though  ;D

IAmNotASmartMan

IAmNotASmartMan

Regarding the trailer being released on Christmas Day, my opinion is that this is no coincidence, and if you all remember, the Prometheus crew first entered the pyramid on Christmas Day.

Charlie Holloway: Captain, would you please tell the survey to suit up and meet us in the airlock.
Janek: There's only six hours left of daylight. Why don't you leave it till the morning.
Charlie Holloway: No, no, no. It's Christmas, captain, and I want to open my presents.

Coincidence? I think not!  :)

EuanDewar

Quote from: IAmNotASmartMan on Dec 26, 2016, 03:13:11 PM
Regarding the trailer being released on Christmas Day, my opinion is that this is no coincidence, and if you all remember, the Prometheus crew first entered the pyramid on Christmas Day.

Charlie Holloway: Captain, would you please tell the survey to suit up and meet us in the airlock.
Janek: There's only six hours left of daylight. Why don't you leave it till the morning.
Charlie Holloway: No, no, no. It's Christmas, captain, and I want to open my presents.

Coincidence? I think not!  :)
I was under the impression that was a joke. He was saying he was excited like a kid on Christmas eve, not that it was literally Christmas.

Rankles75

Yeah, he didn't actually mean it was Christmas Day. Thought that was pretty clear...

shawsbaby

Quote from: Rankles75 on Dec 26, 2016, 04:06:16 PM
Yeah, he didn't actually mean it was Christmas Day. Thought that was pretty clear...

Well...

"Final report of the vessel Prometheus. The ship and her entire crew are gone. If you're receiving this transmission, make no attempt to come to its point of origin. There is only death here now, and I'm leaving it behind. It is New Year's Day, the year of our Lord, 2094. My name is Elisabeth Shaw, last survivor of the Prometheus. And I am still searching."

EuanDewar

Christmas time, aye, but not literally Christmas day.

shawsbaby

Quote from: EuanDewar on Dec 26, 2016, 04:19:54 PM
Christmas time, aye, but not literally Christmas day.

Sure, but that means you're both right, in a way. Yippee! :)

EuanDewar

Yeah, heh, not like it really matters. Don't think the Christmas Day release of the trailer is much worth fretting about anyway.

shawsbaby

Quote from: EuanDewar on Dec 26, 2016, 04:30:26 PM
Yeah, heh, not like it really matters. Don't think the Christmas Day release of the trailer is much worth fretting about anyway.

Agreed, it was just a good day to release it. And bonus fun that the previous film is circa Christmas - immaculate conception and all :)

Valaquen

Quote from: shawsbaby on Dec 26, 2016, 04:39:26 PM
Quote from: EuanDewar on Dec 26, 2016, 04:30:26 PM

Agreed, it was just a good day to release it. And bonus fun that the previous film is circa Christmas - immaculate conception and all :)

Immaculate Conception relates to Mary, not quite Christ, but still, feels apt  :P

Pvt. Himmel

So strange. People complaining that the footage shows death scenes!!! Its a red band trailer that's how these trailers are!! ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed