Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 132,471 times)

szkoki

I  dont like at all the slo-mo spore scene as well. WTf Matrix in Alien?

*sigh*

Im in it tho bc of Fassbender yet again to see how Walter and David interact or is it there a twist, maybe Walter is evil as well and David was just a curious kid. And for Danny he looks cool and gets a lot of screen time it seems.

And now im curious to see whats the balck goo is capable of and why on that planet xenos breed from the black goo.

And whoopeedooo Alien Homeworld!

nanison

Ha we"ve been had again, anticipation through the roof and then when the trailer hits it all feels underwhelming.
When the dust settles in 2 or 3 years time I'll find a way to like the film but immediately upon release? Maybe not...

szkoki

I dont have any anticipation. Last time i had towards the 2 AVPs and Promy. So not anymore :D Not even towards Alien 5.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: cliffhanger on Dec 25, 2016, 10:28:29 AM
Rite, so though i'm excited at a levle, i'm also rather disappoint.
I'll sum up my negatives and positives

Negative :

- trailer without suspense, and far from Prometheus 'atmosphere'.
- i dont like the backbuster, just too 'try to shock through hurt'
- i hate the spore idea, like profoundly. it makes no sense. spores that affect the 'species' recieving it in a way - sure. dna degrading, sure. but a could of spores creating a living organism that turns into a backburster? no. no no. it is also just a cheap lame way. The egg thing and facehugger thing is great, it's scary and though 'twisted', it is oddly also rather acceptable as a 'form of nature'. this spore stuff is just silly.
- the end scene with the tail between the legs is just no. not shocking, not cool. avp-r level as mentioned and just corny.
- too much classic alien 'reveal'. i wanted suspense and hinting. not in your face.

the positives

- david looks evil in the background with the egg. just 1 egg. could that be a morphed shaw? disturbing. really disturbing. yet cool. how long has he been standing there?
- the derelict, and it being overgrown with nature.
- the trees. something happened there.
- the appearence of the ship
- the planet indeed is that of the introduction of prometheus, not earth.

i am left with some questions though

Spoiler
- i thought james franco died in cryo, am i mistaken that it's james franco that gets the facehugger?
[close]
- how old is david8 really? that is clearly david8 and a much younger weyland. old weyland was what, 90?!!! must be 40 years at least passed. explain that timescale. doesn't make sense.
- is that view that weyland and david have on the screen actually 'paradise' ?! if it is - how?!

Spoiler tags please. :)

Corporal Hicks

Amended. And it's Billy Crudup.

shawsbaby

Trailer looks great to me. It's very clearly emphasizing a certain facet of the film, not the totality. Based on the leaked spoilers, that's very much the case.

I was surprised they showed Crudup getting facehugged and so much of that intense scene where Seimetz isn't letting Ejogo out of the surgery room. Otherwise, I'm actually impressed by how much of the plot isn't given away in the trailer and how restrained the imagery is.

And I agree, it's so funny that suddenly everyone is Prometheus' biggest fan and is appalled by how "generic" this looks. I certainly don't think anyone would have been happy with a 2 hour 2 person play-in-space of Shaw and David getting to the Engineers home planet (or a film taking place on that planet with living Engineers that, without a $300 million budget, would probably look embarrassing).

szkoki

Spoiler
Cant believe they r using the ugliest alien design....again...it seems like almost every alien is a dog alien in the past 20 yrs for some reason in movies

over this

and this

[close]

one thing AVP did right

echobbase79

Spoiler
If you look closely there's multiple eggs behind that guy that gets facehugged.
[close]

bacchus

Long time lurker, first time poster after seeing the trailer I thought I'd share my thoughts.

I'm really unimpressed. It just doesn't evoke any of the spirit of Alien or Aliens. If anything, I got an AVP: Requiem vibe - which clearly isn't a good thing. It felt too sanitised, overly saturated, and the CG (Xeno at the end in particular) really didn't work for me at all.

I was hoping (expected) dark, subtlety, poignant, a lot more Giger-esque. What gave us the atmosphere in Alien and Aliens was the dirtyness, the lived-in feel, the raw industrial/grimey feel. Everything in the trailer felt over-thought, over-designed, and over-done. Even the "blood" looked out of place. From the breif glimpse we've had, I felt the production design of Prometheus was superior to Alien Covenant.

Also, things just look so recycled from 20+ years of Hollywood. It doesn't feel like Ridley Scott. Like others have said - the spore floating into the ear....unnecessary all of that depth of field, slow motion etc. Exactly the opposite of what an Alien film should be like. The worst part - that "sizzle reel" in the second half of the trailer, the explosions, the editing, the glimpses of set pieces. They looked awful and cheap.

I didn't get the vibe that this was a polished, Ridley Scott masterpiece on the level of Alien - it felt rushed and cliched.

It felt like what Michael Bay would do if asked to direct an Alien movie.

Really hope the second trailer is darker, and that the CG is more polished in the final film. Really wished they'd use animatronics/puppetry than CG.

Disappointed.

whiterabbit

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 25, 2016, 12:10:13 PM

Spoiler
If you look closely there's multiple eggs behind that guy that gets facehugged.
[close]
Yea, its the area in the leaked production still.

szkoki

me after the trailer

Enoch

Enoch

I want to add this, Paradise isnt Engineers home planet! ;) Its just a first seeding place.
Thats mine opinion...

P.S. Interesting, thats David in Engineers robe...
he is now in charge! ;)

No matter I already notice some negative vibe, I m pretty certain this
one will be major box office winner. Not completely the movie I wanted to see
but I ll definitely enjoy it very much in theater.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Alien: Convenient

gorgeous sets but this is Scott's standard fare, Prometheus and Martian had gorgeous sets too that's a given

the filmmakers are saying: here's Prometheus as we should have done it before we're doing it better now sorry we forgot the Aliens last time here they are now it's going to be good watch our movie !!

And this begins from the fact the title is ALIEN Covenant and not Prometheus Covenant

this literally looks like the same film as Prometheus, selling itself with the things general audiences wants (cheap scares, Aliens, gore) and was "denied" in the last film in much the same way AvP 2 almost a decade ago sold itself with trailers that promised the R rating with that obvious glowing red R that they later said stood for "Requiem" -- for your brain, something I suspect will be necessary once you watch this new film

there's a nice crescendo of cringe throughout from the Harbinger Down guy to the couple making love in the shower as the creature tail slips in like a voyeur pervert! In the shower!!! I love this, Alien has turned into the countless copycats spawned after its release

I'll go watch Deep Freeze

moonpatrol

Quote from: Predatorium on Dec 25, 2016, 10:17:11 AM
Katherine's acting at that table scene was awful, poor girl probably got zero direction from Scott. The lighting and that shaky cam didn't feel like alien to me. The non action scenes with David and the planet felt promethesy, the rest just felt like some bland horror movie. I realise now after watching this trailer that the only thing that interests me is Fassbender's character. As someone else said here, if the trailer focused more on the planet, David and his evil plans rather then the gore the trailer would've been better.

You are spot on.  Only watched once and her acting (yes I know this is a trailer and .0000098% of the movie) was just terrible.  I cannot believe they let a trailer go out in distro like this.  They could have made this more of a mystery with zero music and just sounds that leave the viewer uncomfortable and anxious....instead, it left me like goo under my shoe, only to be wiped off like many of the standard canned AvP or teens in the creepy cabin.  Just disappointed.

bacchus

Feels like the lovechild of Prometheus and AVP: Requiem with those slo-motion shots, all that rain and overly satured production design.

I would love nothing more than to see this film in a few months and be blown away. I'm sure it'll impress more than the trailer did.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed