Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 132,607 times)

Stolen

I looked again with maximum sound into the helmet!

It's terrifying and desperate! You saw the person burning in the explosion of the ship? My god ...

AL

we managed to see the teaser  just  after the Christmas dinner.
Not finished the trailer the first thing I hear is ... I did not like the music! I was more focused on the images I think... Now reading the comments, I see that it is a collective feeling, the disgust for the music.
Tomorrow I will see the trailer in more detail and without interruptions.

@Corporal, thanks for the screenshots & Merry Christmas :)

Corporal Hicks

Thank the boss man for the grabs. I just sorted through them.  :)

HuDaFuK

Great trailer, but then Prometheus had a great trailer.

I hope this is better than that, I really do.

Protozoid

I felt like one of the few people who adored Prometheus and was genuinely excited for the story to continue. But my enthusiasm is slowly draining the more I see and read about this film. Perhaps they shouldn't have started with this shameless red-band trailer, which over-sells the horror but does little else. It reminded me of AvP: Requiem in the worst possible way. Has the advertising for this movie been really mediocre, or is the film itself going to be a dud? Where are all of the iconic images like the ones Prometheus had? Fresh images? Maybe the special effects aren't finished and the next trailer will be more epic and awesome? I understand why so many people bring up Alien knockoffs from Galaxy of Terror to Event Horizon. I can enjoy those movies, but I think Prometheus was several levels of sophistication above those films, and I'm disappointed beyond words that this trailer looks so... dumb.

Magegg

To be fair, this looks like the most generic Alien movie so far, and yeah, I saw it coming. It's pretty much a mishmash of Alien and Aliens with just a little and vague dash of Prometheus. They're now even recurring to horror cliches like the monster killing a horny couple. Hope this is a little more than sees the eye, but still a shame they cancelled Blomkamp's to favor this regurgitated stuff.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 25, 2016, 08:53:22 AM
Great trailer, but then Prometheus had a great trailer.

I hope this is better than that, I really do.
Well if you liked the trailer then I feel safer already.

@Hicks: It just dawned on me, the entire TED speech. Weyland probably already created David back then but had to keep him a secert until Prometheus. So yem that is definitely David and Weyland. Probably where he tells David about his ambitions and delusions of immorality.

XenoVC

Quote from: SiL on Dec 25, 2016, 08:04:08 AM
For the record, not writing off the film. Just think it's a bad trailer.

Agreed, after seeing it, I'm realizing I just wanted probably no more than that Facebook Egg preview.

The whole package as is has an unexpected schlocky feel that could set the tone for the entire campaign.

oberonqa

oberonqa

I definitely liked this trailer.  No dancing around the edges of "It's got the DNA of Alien, but it's not quite Alien".  It's exactly what I wanted Prometheus to be.... a proper Alien movie.  It's gonna be an agonizing wait until May 17th.... **lol**

BishopShouldGo

Is it just me or is that facehugger that attacks Crudup huge?

SiL

Yeah, it's huge. Like the original size in the concepts for Alien.

whiterabbit

The egg is bigger too, makes sense.

MrSpaceJockey

Maybe it's meant to be engineer sized.

Chris!(($$))!

The music isn't a great choice. But thats just the music for the trailer. Hardly anything to judge the film by.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed