Could have been better. (2/5)
60 (13.1%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 456

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 279,611 times)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 12, 2017, 04:25:49 PM
I'm still in awe that this was the story chosen. If you told me to write down 10 Prometheus 2 ideas, a colony ship would not make it.

Sooooo so random.

Yep. As soon as the synopsis came out in that official press release, I was like, "hoo boy... they're calling 'do-over' here."

I don't dislike the film, but the sense of 'forget that, look at THIS!' is unmistakeable.

ModMonkey

ModMonkey

Quote from: Darkness on May 09, 2017, 05:39:30 PM
This is the official fan reviews thread for Alien Covenant. It officially comes out tomorrow in some countries including France so here's the place to say what you thought about it after you've seen it. Think about what you liked, what you didn't like, how it compares to Prometheus and the rest of the films in the series. I've also included a little poll for you to rate it.

I quite enjoyed the movie although I wish it would have gone a more into Prometheus territory than it did. I have only seen it once in theatres and am looking forward to the BD release in a few days.

I reviewed the film on my podcast here: https://youtu.be/bZkcNQFSy8A

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: Scree on Aug 12, 2017, 09:50:08 PM
Also in hindsight it is very strange that of all those couples on that colonization mission not a single one had a cat. That was the only thing still missing to fully complete the stupidity of Ridley Scott's Alien prequel ideas. How could he miss that? :D

He didn't. In creating his carbon copy movie, he just got David to supply the pets this time around.

Gash

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

This movie is still f**king weird. On my third viewing I give it 4 WTFs out of 10.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 12, 2017, 01:35:53 PMI'd argue that its origin doesn't change its alien behaviour and consumption of our species.

It does make it infinitely less interesting though.

To be fair, I never agreed with Ridley's assertion that the sequels to Alien should've told us who the guy in the chair was. Some things are better just left mysterious.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 14, 2017, 09:36:24 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 12, 2017, 01:35:53 PMI'd argue that its origin doesn't change its alien behaviour and consumption of our species.

To be fair, I never agreed with Ridley's assertion that the sequels to Alien should've told us who the guy in the chair was. Some things are better just left mysterious.

Aint that the truth. The Alien "universe" has shrunk considerably, and now seems far less interesting. I've not seen it myself, but I believe the DVD also contains clips of David contacting WY and telling them all about how he created the alien... but then warning them not to show any interest in it. WTF? He's one really stupid robot.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: Rudiger on Aug 14, 2017, 10:43:47 AM

Aint that the truth. The Alien "universe" has shrunk considerably

Prometheans tend to disagree, beeing high on engineers and such.

I agree though, it's fact that the last 2 movies made the alien universe smaller.

Evanus

Evanus

I love being high on engineers. But the thing is, they're all gone now thanks to David. How am I going to get high now?  :o

windebieste

windebieste

Ridley has already stated the Engineers return to find their planet decimated.

He's also mentioned a 'war of the worlds' on more than one occasion.

Considering David now possesses enough resources to create his first army, I find this potential scenario very enticing.

-Windebieste

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Hemi on Aug 14, 2017, 02:24:31 PM
Quote from: Rudiger on Aug 14, 2017, 10:43:47 AM

Aint that the truth. The Alien "universe" has shrunk considerably

Prometheans tend to disagree, beeing high on engineers and such.

This 'Promethean' doesn't disagree, but the fact is, Prometheus exists. With that reality in place, we need to expand on that shit. Simply saying "David killed 'em all, so yeah aliens!" doesn't cut it.

Like Windebieste, I'm intrigued by the sequel hints that have been dropped.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Aug 13, 2017, 01:21:11 PM
This movie is still f**king weird. On my third viewing I give it 4 WTFs out of 10.

That's a good thing, though.  Do you prefer bland and ordinary?

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 14, 2017, 11:52:18 PM
Ridley has already stated the Engineers return to find their planet decimated.

He's also mentioned a 'war of the worlds' on more than one occasion.

Considering David now possesses enough resources to create his first army, I find this potential scenario very enticing.

-Windebieste
And I hope that's what's gonna happen. But I'm afraid Fox is gonna ruin it, like always.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 15, 2017, 04:03:09 AMThat's a good thing, though.  Do you prefer bland and ordinary?

It's not like they're the only two options.

Hemi

Hemi

What is bland and ordinary anyway. Another Alien movie? Aliens-esk perhaps? Why would this be bland and ordinary. If done right I would welcome it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed