The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 237,687 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kradan on May 11, 2019, 07:29:38 PMI love Rage War.

Ditto.

The novels make little sense alongside the aesthetic of the films but as an exercise in trying something new I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Still Collating...

I really enjoyed the trilogy as well.

The Old One

The Old One

Bah humbug.

FatStu

Can anyone tell me if this is worth reading?

SM

Tichinde

Quote from: FatStu on Aug 30, 2020, 12:06:47 AM

Are you attached to steve and S.D. Perry's Lore and the Yautja culture from those books? Will dissapoint you in the predator aspect if you are, but yes overall worth a read.

Kradan

HuDaFuK

Of the recent Titan novels, I think Cold Forge is the only book I enjoyed more.

Kradan

Corporal Hicks

I haven't read them since each first came out, but I remember really enjoying the series. I think the Predators were too underpowered in the first book, but not after that. Keep wanting to re-read this series actually.

Wysps

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 30, 2020, 04:33:47 AM
Quote from: FatStu on Aug 30, 2020, 12:06:47 AM

Are you attached to steve and S.D. Perry's Lore and the Yautja culture from those books? Will dissapoint you in the predator aspect if you are, but yes overall worth a read.

Rage War definitely portrays them as more mysterious than in the Perry novels.  There are certain new elements of lore that are introduced in the former that, isolated, are kind of interesting in their own right.  But yeah, if you are attached to the Perry characterization and culture/lore, it might take some adjustment at first.

SpaceKase

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 30, 2020, 11:04:13 AM
I haven't read them since each first came out, but I remember really enjoying the series. I think the Predators were too underpowered in the first book, but not after that. Keep wanting to re-read this series actually.

The 3 audios make pretty great listening while doing mindless chores and such. The reader is the same guy who plays Deckard from Audible's Sea of Sorrows, I believe.

Kradan

Quote from: SpaceKase on Aug 30, 2020, 07:56:16 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 30, 2020, 11:04:13 AM

The 3 audios make pretty great listening while doing mindless chores and such. The reader is the same guy who plays Deckard from Audible's Sea of Sorrows, I believe.

Sooooooo true

Tichinde

Without spoiling who or what he is, hands down my favorite part of the trilogy is Kalakta. He just has a presence for the few times he's in the book and he's kinda freaky because you get the feeling he's just like so wise that he could literally outthink anyone. That's how I felt anyway.

SpaceKase

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 30, 2020, 09:15:59 PM
Without spoiling who or what he is, hands down my favorite part of the trilogy is Kalakta. He just has a presence for the few times he's in the book and he's kinda freaky because you get the feeling he's just like so wise that he could literally outthink anyone. That's how I felt anyway.

Is he implied to be
Spoiler
the Elder of the Lost Tribe from Predator 2
[close]
?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed