Alright.. for those who have seen the film...

Started by Blacklabel, Jun 03, 2012, 03:31:52 AM

How do you rate the protoxeno burster design? (Regardless of the scene he was in.)

Pretty cool.
Meh.
Absolutely dreadful.
Author
Alright.. for those who have seen the film... (Read 2,708 times)

Blacklabel

Alright folks... time to do a proper analysis of our feelings here. :laugh:

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I haven't even gotten a chance to see the film but I did see the 1 minute leak of the end and OMFGWTFBBQ... eh I don't get what's the problem. That scene looks pretty cool. I still have no f**king idea about that mouth part but I thought it looked just fine over all. A lot more streamlined. Also there are a lot of things missing, such as the tubes, tails and what I would consider a proper alien little mouth. Which means there's still some work to do to get to alien. :P

Blacklabel

Well.. going by Lindelof's comments... it is a "less evolved ancestor" of the 79 Alien.. thus why it misses some of it's trademarks.

Lie

Well atleast it wasn't a bloody normal xenomprph and their like bang there you go, no fun no mystery. I'm looking forward to seeing what it might become and how it changes the playing field for the Alien universe.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 03, 2012, 03:56:07 AM
Well.. going by Lindelof's comments... it is a "less evolved ancestor" of the 79 Alien.. thus why it misses some of it's trademarks.
Yea I know. They were working backwards and I think they did do a good job. I also agree with others that it's a little too much AVP with the predalien cameo at the end. However I'm assuming a sequel... or would it have been better to wait another 2 years and sit through a four hour movie?

Quote from: Lie on Jun 03, 2012, 03:56:59 AM
Well atleast it wasn't a bloody normal xenomprph and their like bang there you go, no fun no mystery. I'm looking forward to seeing what it might become and how it changes the playing field for the Alien universe.
Yep, now that would have been awful.

I just noticed that the mouth inside of the alien has eyes... could that be a reborn engineer inside of the alien?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 03, 2012, 03:58:30 AM
I just noticed that the mouth inside of the alien has eyes... could that be a reborn engineer inside of the alien?

wat. (that makes 0 sense.)

Anyway. Maybe i shouldnt have put "meh" in there? A meh can catch people who are very slightly positive about it... and people who are very slightly negative about it.

So now i'm thinking i should have done a 0 to 10 poll so folks can rate it accordingly  :P

eh!

whiterabbit

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 03, 2012, 04:18:27 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 03, 2012, 03:58:30 AM

wat. (that makes 0 sense.)

Anyway. Maybe i shouldnt have put "meh" in there? A meh can catch people who are very slightly positive about it... and people who are very slightly negative about it.

So now i'm thinking i should have done a 0 to 10 poll so folks can rate it accordingly  :P

eh!
Well when whatever that thing is called there is what appears to be a man screaming vs the alien's hiss. So I was thinking that the alien sucked up the engineers soul... somehow.

Nah the poll is just fine. Don't want to give people too much of choice.

atlantis

I loved every second watching Prometheus...

Prometheus did give me that Alien world feeling from ALIEN...

Valaquen

"Meh"

It's not scary. "Cool" is not enough criteria for me, because it keeps people watching the dreadful AVPR so they can spot Wolf. The scene the proto features in HAS to be brought up, because it's shoddy, and taints the impact of the creature. It's almost an afterthought.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Yes the scene is terrible.. but i want to gauge people's feelings on the design itself.

Making it scary is something that could've been brought about by better filmmaking.

Would we have felt more strongly about it if it had a better scene surrounding it's birth? Maybe. Do remember that the newborn had one hell of a birth scene and that did nothing for people who just hate it's design.. :laugh: (Of course, being admirable was never the idea behind that design.. but i digress. the newborn is a whole 'nother case.)

Valaquen

Well I hated the Newborn scene too. It looked like a big brown shit giving birth to an equally big, calcified shit :P But design wise, for Proto, I think it looks like Spiderman's Venom. Like it's straight from a comic book. I really wish they'd taken one of Giger's old designs and went with that.

Blacklabel

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 03, 2012, 08:29:42 AM
Well I hated the Newborn scene too. It looked like a big brown shit giving birth to an equally big, calcified shit :P

Still memorable though.. wich was the only idea behind it (one can hope.) Kinda hard to take those visuals from one's head lol  :laugh:

HudsonHicks

HudsonHicks

I felt pretty raped after I left the cinema thinking what the hell was that and how does it fit into the alien canon. But the more I've analysed it and gone over the scene in my head the more I've been able to appreciate it. I guess it's not a great film in generalbut I now assume it will be one of those films that is better on second viewing.  As for the creatures, the squid hugger was a p**s poor design that my 3 year old couldv'e bettered with his playdough. As for the Xeno, it's was poor yes but I would have liked it less if an original Xeno/chestburster appeared after the mutations we went through to get to this one. I refuse to call it a pure-Xeno though. There is nothing to suggest that this creature gives rise to the Xeno's as we know them. Remember people. It is a different derelict on a different planet.

Blacklabel

I havent seen the squid hugger yet.. the idea that it's a pretty piss poor design seems pretty unanimous though.. wich doesnt give me much confidence.. argh.

Valaquen, the resemblance with Venom isnt necessarily a bad notion as far as i'm concerned.. because i rather like the Venom design. Think about this.. it could be similar to Bambi... wouldnt that be ridiculous? Oh wait...  :D

NGR01

It's a baby so i'll wait to see a fully grown one.
if ALIEN ended up on the chestburster it would have probably had the same reactions ^^

Where does the Lindelof quote comes from?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed