Alternate endings or story lines

Started by Winkie Bear, Jun 01, 2012, 07:28:19 PM

Author
Alternate endings or story lines (Read 4,741 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

By the way i do think she actually could be
Spoiler
an android. If David calls Weyland his dad and Vickers calls Weyland her dad she actually could be a droid. Would love to see her return for the sequel. As much as i liked Shaw, i liked Vickers more as a character
[close]

Truise

Truise

This thread could be used to write alternatives to the parts of the script people felt were sub-par :)

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Truise on Jun 01, 2012, 09:37:20 PM
This thread could be used to write alternatives to the parts of the script people felt were sub-par :)

Genius - re-write Prometheus so it makes sense!

Submit your fan scripts here.

Alien³

Alien³

I would have preferred the ending to have gone a little like this...

Spoiler
Shaw is lying on the dusty ground crying to herself saying she can't go on. David's head perks up over the radio and says something along the lines of "Elizabeth do you believe in getting home?" and after some calming down from David, Shaw re-enters the crashed life support module of the Prometheus only to find it can sustain her for two and a half years! She sends a rescue beacon out in the hope that someone will come and find her. She could even of said a line like "We came out here to find the meaning of life but all we learnt was how to die." Then cut to the Proto-xeno being born and hey presto! you leave it on a cliff-hanger of epic proportions. Well I think it would anyways.
[close]

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

How about this....

Shaw is collapsed on the ground, exhausted. The engineer is dead beside her and so is star beast, she puts an axe to its head shortly after it killed the engineer. The newborn comes out of the engineer, it screams but suddenly the screaming stops....Shaw just put an axe through its head.

Shaw then stumbles out of the pod. She stares at the crashed juggernaught and then collapses to the floor. All is lost. Then there is a big gust of wind, Shaw looks up....a space ship...another jugernaught. It lands, the door opens and twenty heavily armed, suited and booted Engineers come running out. They surround Shaw. Shaw picks up her axe and says

"Which one of you mother f**kers are next"

The engineers do nothing. Then another engineer comes out of the ship. Its smaller than the rest but it wears the same uniform, the same elephantine helment. The small engineer walks up to Shaw, looks at the devastation she caused and then stares back at Shaw. The engineer removes its helmet...a familiar face...its RIPLEY!!! How the f**k did she get there?! she wasnt even born yet...this is what the audience will ask. She smiles at Shaw...FADE TO BLACK!!!

NOW THAT WOULD BE f**kED UP!!!! makes your appreciate Lindlecocks ending lol

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jun 01, 2012, 10:28:52 PM
How about this....

Shaw is collapsed on the ground, exhausted. The engineer is dead beside her and so is star beast, she puts an axe to its head shortly after it killed the engineer. The newborn comes out of the engineer, it screams but suddenly the screaming stops....Shaw just put an axe through its head.

Shaw then stumbles out of the pod. She stares at the crashed juggernaught and then collapses to the floor. All is lost. Then there is a big gust of wind, Shaw looks up....a space ship...another jugernaught. It lands, the door opens and twenty heavily armed, suited and booted Engineers come running out. They surround Shaw. Shaw picks up her axe and says

The engineers do nothing. Then another engineer comes out of the ship. Its smaller than the rest but it wears the same uniform, the same elephantine helment. The small engineer walks up to Shaw, looks at the devastation she caused and then stares back at Shaw. The engineer removes its helmet...a familiar face...its RIPLEY!!! How the f**k did she get there?! she wasnt even born yet...this is what the audience will ask. She smiles at Shaw...FADE TO BLACK!!!

f**k no :laugh: :laugh: An ending like that maybe works in the predator universe but definitly not in the alien universe :P

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

Quote from: Snowdog on Jun 01, 2012, 10:39:36 PM
How about this....

f**k no :laugh: :laugh: An ending like that maybe works in the predator universe but definitly not in the alien universe :P

i was just messing about, see if anyone spots where I stole the story from :)

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jun 01, 2012, 10:40:57 PM
Quote from: Snowdog on Jun 01, 2012, 10:39:36 PM
How about this....

i was just messing about, see if anyone spots where I stole the story from :)

I know ;)

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

that was literally a rewrite of the avp ending, if you didn't notice.

i'd like to have seen Vickers mutate too. or at least killed by the newborn alien, as she returns to the pod when she wakes up alone and stranded.

or this alien captures her then uses the bodies of the engineer and the shoggoth to molt a proto egg.

i also wanted to see a result to the snake-thing infection. it just killed the guy, while the goo mutated fifield. i wanted to see the next stage of it and it never came.

orchidal

orchidal

This will need editing

Spoiler
Engineer chases Shaw to the pod- she's she begging for answers rather than her life as he tries to slaughter her. She opens the doors with the squid (which in my version is a giant biomech facehugger)...Engineer makes the correlation that Shaw gave birth this monstrocity.
He touches her face in admiration- pushing her aside, walks toward the proto-facehugger and offers himself to it. The facehugger dies atop him after their consummation.
The Engineer seems momentarily dazed in some type of idyllic/vacuous state. He eventually gets up as Shaw is inching her way to an escape (Davids head in hand); however, the Engineer knocks them out.
The scene quickly cuts to the Engineer dutifully dragging himself with Shaw slung over his shoulder through the landscape towards the temples...towards the second Juggernaut hanger.
The scene shifts again to Shaw waking next to David's head -their bodys restrained within an open sarcophagus within the pilot chamber. They share some dialogue about their assumption that they may now find the answers they've been looking for -but at what cost, at what end?
The Jockey- now suited from the neck down- stands over them, looking on optimistically. He feels an imminent pang in his chest, reminding him of the task at hand. As Shaw begs for her life in terror, the Engineer pushes a button to close the sarcophogus lid. He makes his way painfully over to the Jockey chair. When he sits on it, the iconic helmet forms around him as well as many tubes and wires that seem to show that he is now biomechanically fused with the chair.
The ship takes off into space...Slowly we go back to the pilot room...possibly some time has passed now. Shaw is sleeping, David looks at her longingly; the camera pans over to the Jockey chair, the engineer -a biomechanical Alien bursts through his chest
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

lol I haven't seen it, but knowing what I (unfortunately, preemptively) do, I'd only make a few minor changes...

Spoiler
The Engineer awakens, communicates a bit more with the humans, then kills Ford violently with its mind.  Weyland attempts to use the Engineer's technology against it, but is instead given his worst nightmare - he is grabbed bodily by the Engineer and forcibly bonded with the Engineer pilot seat and suit, but is horribly mutated and ravaged by the process - major body horror.  David puts Weyland's horrific remains out of their misery.

Vickers survives the crash of the juggernaut and she, Shaw and David face off against the live Engineer with the help of the mutant Shaw birthed.  When the Engineer and the mutant are both destroyed, Vickers and Shaw come to a moral impasse about what to do with the Engineer tech and how to proceed - they suspect there are multiple other settlements and stations across the system.  Vickers wants to harvest and reverse-engineer the tech they've found on LV-223 to ensure Weyland supremacy, as she is now the ascending queen of the conglomerate.  Shaw disagrees.  Meanwhile, a horde of newborn proto-xenomorphs have begun to birth and spawn, vast giant biomechs emerging from the shells of the various dead Engineers - perhaps one such creature was responsible for the hive in the derelict on LV-426.

As Vickers flees the scene, Shaw and David hijack the only remaining active juggernaut, nuking the beasts and the rest of the waystation using the ship's engines and weapons, vaporizing Vickers' potential corporate payload before her horrified eyes.  After a final, bitter exchange between the women, Shaw and David leave Vickers behind on LV-223 with her functional lifeboat and jet off into the stars on the juggernaut, with David helping Shaw properly symbiotically bond and merge with the pilot seat - he estimates their journey to Engineer space will likely require hundreds or thousands of years, and they will have to enter hypersleep (this also allows the Prometheus franchise to pick up with Rapace and Fassbender well after the events of the entire Alien franchise, and I suspect it's the plot device the next film will actually use).

Vickers, of course, returns to Earth, and Weyland, to begin making plans to eventually return to Zeta II Reticuli, though it is clear in her dialogue with Shaw that without a return on the Project: Prometheus investment, this could take her decades upon decades to accomplish - which it of course does.  Vickers is damned to her father's fate - or is she?
[close]

Winkie Bear

So, after a couple of days of thought, here's my complete revision of the Prometheus story.

Please bear in mind, I love Alien and Aliens, like Alien3, don't care one way or the other for any subsequent films and have never read any comics or fan fiction. I'm not a "fanboy" just someone who likes smart and well-made movies.

My 'revision' is based upon my interpretation of Giger's life cycle painting, which is just beautiful, and upon stuff from Alien about the SJs being an ancient and noble race.

The new foundation is as follows

The SJs are a humanoid (but not human) race who have a technology based around biology - they design and use other creatures to do things for them, such as acting as environmental suits, transportation. For example, the ships are living beings, and the external appearance of the SJ in Alien represents partly the body of the SJ itself but a growth of the ship's pilot chair around it. All of this engineering benign, but has had some unintended consequences. For example. they cannot help but contaminate worlds they explore (such as Earth), spawning the development of new life forms or the modifcation of existing forms.
So, I argue that the SJs led to the development of humans, but accidentally, and they've never returned so they don't know how we turned out.

Secondly, the life cycle of these being is based upon death. As a SJ nears the end of its life, it gives itself up to be impregnated by a facehugger. A creature grows inside the old SJ and the birth is assisted by SJ 'midwives' (the two guys in Giger's painting). The dying SJ cradles its new child as it passes on, and then the baby is put in a nursery to grow. What grows is NOT the xeno, but eventually an adult SJ, calm and intelligent, even disturbingly beautiful. However, they have (under those masks) slightly elongate heads and eyeless faces. This is the overarching being of the Giger painting.

So where does the xeno come from you ask?  Well, the normal life cycle of SJ involves merging the DNA of the dying SJ and the facehugger. The dead SJ is then biologically reformed - coccooned - to form an egg and a new facehugger.
But, when one of these creatures grows IN A HUMAN it takes on the aggressive human traits of our race (I know, terribly racist of me). Instead of becoming a SJ it develops rapidly into a slavering vicious beast.

In the revised story, I would ditch the archeaology strand. Now, we have a survey team exploring other worlds. They come across a SJ exploration ship and engage in peaceful first contact. The android on board tries to steal their biotechnology (under orders from W-Y to obtain any advanced alien tech that's found), enlisting one of the crew to help him steal an egg. However, the crewperson gets facehugged and SJs discover the theft. To the humans' disgust, they allow the embryo to gestate, as this is a sacred thing to them. The SJs are horrified to find that what is born is not what they expected, but a monstrosity that runs amock.
Fearing that any further interaction will lead to more monstrous hybrids (since ALL their technology is biological), the SJs try to eliminate the humans, who of course fight back. We see examples of SJ tech misbehaving or growing new and malevolent variants as it interacts with our biology (our bugs and viruses). Like so many first contacts in human history, it's the tiniest bugs that can wipe out whole species.... from small beginnings.
The last survivors realise the only way to protect their homeworld is to destroy the ship. But in a climactic scene, the surviving android and last human fight to stop the last SJ from doing this and instead they have a violent (but ultimately not destructive) crash landing on LV-426. The SJ in the pilot chair is killed, the last human - flung against the wall - is dead. Only the decapitated android remains.  He uses his internal transmitter to send a message home, giving the frighteningly detailed description of the aliens and alerting W-Y to the amazing biotech the SJs have.  As this message is being sent, we hear the tearing and slurping noises from behind him (he can't turn his head so doesn't see - and neither do we), but there is a little screech - something rushes past and knocks the androids head off the pilot chair platform into a dark recess of the room where a part of the wall falls on it, covering it up.
The movie ends with the screech still echoing down the corridor.

timiteh

timiteh

First, i am deeply annoyed that beings who were supposed to have seeded life on earth, thus hundred of millions or even billions of years old, have such primitive  tech. Some other movies and series have described aliens that old in a way more convincing way (cf the Aliens in 2001).
Worse, have almost not evolved since them. Are they biological androids genetically engineered not to evolve ?
Moreover, why one of them need to sacrifice himself to seed life on earth ?
Are they access to no other living being (plant/animal) which can be used for this purpose ?
I mean common, those engineers come from a planet with other living beings, don't they ?

So if the purpose was to show an alien race with that limited capabilities, it would have been better to limit their influence to having only genetically engineered  primitive humans to make them evolve in a sentient/more advanced species. Thus they would have contact with earth just a few dozens of thousands years ago.

So let tell what i would have prefered.
First the earth would have been seeded by an unknown godlike race with technology way beyond our comprehension. This race should never be seen or directly interacted  with by humans. Those gods would later genetically engineered some primitive humans to create ambassadors/medium who would enable them to communicate with lesser  races such as humans and do some other tasks. This genetically modified human would be the engineers. Those engineers would have several interactions with human in  order to teach them and help them somehow. However, some of the engineers would grow jealous of humans and their relative freedom, and decide to wipe us out on the  as the godlike aliens did lose interest in us anyways. Then a conflict would erupt between the members of this group of engineers and some use biotech weapon and  they would be all killed except one, the surviving engineer who curiously would be one who would never be either for or against our extermination.
This engineer would just wonder if humans are worthy to survive or need to die.

Then for the direct events of the movie, i would have prefered that the engineer was woken up by some kind of A.I monitoring the planet (i mean common how come such  an advanced race do not have the equivalent of computers and of A.I ?) and decide to play a saddistic game with them,starting the storm, triggering mutations and  conflicts among the crew members. Then the engineer would develop a relationship with David as both were creatures and virtual slave of their creators.Engineers had  been created to serve the gods and androids to serve humans .
The engineer would also decide to test Weyland by mutating him in a pseudo engineer and giving him access to one of the juggernaut to let the fate of human race in  his hands. The test is simple, if Weyland is greedy enough to bring back the ship to earth, then this would trigger a biotech weapon which would wipe out mankind and  then the ship would self destruct. If weyland is wise enough to do otherwises, then the engineer would turn him back to a younger/wealthier version of himself, cure  the mutated one and let them go.
As weyland would do the wrong choice, the engineer would give a last chance to the crew to save earth by stopping Weyland by any mean necessary.Thus the Prometheus would be sacrificied to stop the Juggernaut which would be vulnerable only because it is piloted by Weyland.Acknowledging the worth of humans, the engineer would gather  the survivors and reward them by curing those who need it, answering their questions and ultimately bringing them back to earth. However at the very end, a  terrifying threat (massive shoggoths like creatures) resulting from the weapon used 2000 years ago, though which would have been dormant since then, would rise and they would all have to stand  together to face it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed