Will FOX ever make a good movie again?

Started by RidgeTop, Feb 15, 2008, 05:24:35 AM

Author
Will FOX ever make a good movie again? (Read 6,025 times)

RidgeTop

you look at their lineup, and their recent films, most have sucked, or been mearly entertainment.  it seems that the glory days of FOX are long dead replaced by low budget, suck fest, money cows, such as Alvin and the Chipmunks, Night at the Museum, Meet the Spartans (and every other stupid spoof movie) just to name a few. 

Does anyone here think that FOX still has it in them to ever make a film that will be remembered again?

Iron Hide

Probably not, money has a vice grip around Fox's throat.

SM

SM

:D

Good lord what a silly thread.

Of course they will.  Lots and lots.

Uncanny Antman

Sorry, SM.  They're right.  Fox will never again make another film that is any good.

And I can prove it.  Y'see...I...     

Uh...

Hey look, that dog has a puffy tail!

[Runs]

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Live free or Die Hard was made by Fox and it was great.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Feb 15, 2008, 04:41:26 PM
Live free or Die Hard was made by Fox and it was great.

it was entertaining, but I'm talking about something Truly Memorable,  I actually remembed that Avatar is from FOX I think, so maybe that one...

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

So far Live Free or Die Hard is the best die hard movie in the past 12 years. I think Avatar (Which is made by fox) will be amazing and may make more money then the Titanic.

severen76

Isnt Live free or die hard the only Die hard film in the last 12 years.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: severen76 on Feb 15, 2008, 07:39:37 PM
Isnt Live free or die hard the only Die hard film in the last 12 years.

Yes it was the first Die Hard movie in the past 12 years.

Dark Passenger

possibly no...

Docta Jekyll

The only hope I have is AVATAR, the only reason it'll be good is because Cameron and Weta, and I'm sure lots of other talent, are involved with it, and because its James Cameron, Fox isn't being the pushy, restrictive prick they tend to be, cutting down on the amount of time and money put into their films in order to make money on as little a commitment as possible.

AVATAR has the ability to be the greatest film of all time, and I do have to give Kudos to Fox on this one, because if there is one film they should make sure to do everything right on, its this one...

Newsfop

I watch movies to unwind and take it easy. I don't enjoy having to work at understanding a film. Movie are my escape. I would hope that any film would have the capacity to take me away from my droll boring life. I'm getting disgusted by how much bashing FOX is getting, when every other studio has turned out the same calibur of stuff for the past 3 years. Remember when Universal put out Jurassic Park? That was their last huge film. Has Paramount done anything amazing lately? Let's hope that the new Indiana Jones can turn that around. As far as I'm concerned, FOX has been doing the best at supplying great escapism.

SM

SM

QuoteRemember when Universal put out Jurassic Park? That was their last huge film.

Off the top of my head...
The Mummy
King Kong

And a veritable arseload of others depending on one's definition of 'huge'.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Newsfop on Feb 27, 2008, 04:35:11 AM
That was their last huge film. Has Paramount done anything amazing lately?

Cloverfield

Newsfop

Newsfop

^I thought we were going for truly memorable. King Kong was a flash in the pan compared to the dominating run that JP had. Mummy was fine, but just a trend really.

(Cloverfield isn't even in the top 10 anymore. Rather dismal for a movie that had so much hype.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed