Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 425,024 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

While playing through 1 - 3 it's probably the most invested I've ever been in a series and its characters.
Spoiler
I still need to finish Andromeda...
[close]

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 07, 2018, 01:09:31 PM
While playing through 1 - 3 it's probably the most invested I've ever been in a series and its characters.
Spoiler
I still need to finish Andromeda...
[close]

Completely agree. Resident Evil has always been my favourite series and I've studied its lore closely for 21 years now, but the Mass Effect trilogy remains the greatest gaming journey I've ever been on.

A HD remastering would be a dream come true.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I can attest to the fact that the console versions all play better on the Xbox One X.  I think that's the closest we'll ever come to a remaster.

Gate

Gate

An HD Remaster would make my panties drop so fast

Wweyland

Wweyland

I have completed the first 3 games and they have been great.
I think ME2 was actually the best, it utilized it's ending perfectly.
Still yet to play ME3: Citadel and Andromeda.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 07, 2018, 08:32:45 PM
I have completed the first 3 games and they have been great.
I think ME2 was actually the best, it utilized it's ending perfectly.
Still yet to play ME3: Citadel and Andromeda.

I agree that 2 was possibly the best of the 3.
You definitely need to play Citadel.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Will try Citadel. From reviews, Andromeda does not look good enough to invest a lot of hours into it.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Shame about Andromeda, it had the potential to kick start off a new setting. The game itself isn't the sole problem as it is playable and has interesting moments but like many things, there were a lot of behind the scenes issues, apparently the deadline was too short and the original guy who was in charge for the trilogy was moved to work on anthem or something, EA "requested" it I think. It certainly does not help that the graphics/animations was terrible, especially for a xbox one game.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

First Blood

First Blood

Mass Effect 2 was the Terminator 2/Empire Strikes Back of the franchise. It never peaked after.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I still think they should somehow find a way to repurpose the original ending.  As I understand it, the heavy use of mass effect technology causes a buildup of dark energy which makes stars age prematurely (e.g. Haestrom).

IIRC, that's why the Reapers eradicate all of the technologically advanced civilizations every 50,000 years.  If they didn't, this "mass effect" would grow beyond their ability to control and eventually destroy every star in the galaxy.

Hence the significance of the series title is finally revealed.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The Old One

The Old One

No chance, Bioware's dead, Anthem's a failure.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You're just a big ol' ray of sunshine today.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed