Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 418,242 times)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

So the game finally made it from Alpha to Beta test?  :P

Vow

Vow

Of course, just because the game got a patch doesn't mean it's suddenly become not shit.

The problems with this game go beyond some glitches, bugs or facial animation.

Naturally, that still won't stop some people from pretending everything was magically fixed anyway in one patch.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I tried to start a new game and create a new character with a new face, but I didn't see any new options.  Are they forthcoming?

Gate

Gate

Game froze on me at the end of an Architect fight. Kinda pissed.

Guys, I'm not crazy. I know my specs can handle this game. It's middle-teir for the requirements. What the f**k.

I'm running an NVIDIA GTX 860 with an i-7 processor.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Gate on Apr 16, 2017, 03:43:17 AM
Game froze on me at the end of an Architect fight. Kinda pissed.

Guys, I'm not crazy. I know my specs can handle this game. It's middle-teir for the requirements. What the f**k.

I'm running an NVIDIA GTX 860 with an i-7 processor.

I haven't had anything that bad happen to me, my friend has had similar luck though. I get random frame rate drops, even in places I shouldn't and when there is no fighting going on, but that's about it.

Gate

Gate

I just updated my drivers and that made framerate and stability twice as bad. I might have to rollback.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Hey,

it happened to me too for unknown reason although it wasn't often.
Mainly on Eos and Voeld, others planets were fine.
Maybe once in the tempest.

I think it's due to an optimization problem and not a driver issue.

---
Or it could be like in most Frostbite engine's game, due to auto save when having two different Hard Drive.
I had this problem in Mirror's Edge Catalyst and Star Wars Battlefront.
It was due to the auto save. Game was installed in E:\ (HDD) and save would go on C:\ (SSD).
Many people have reported similar problem and changing the save folder fixed it.
However sometimes it was just the speed of the harddrive not being fast enough.

Try to check that but I won't promise it's the issue there.

Gate

Gate

I'm pretty sure my SSD doesn't work anymore, lol. I'll check and edit if this helps.
I let nvidia attempt an optimize and just f**ked the game even more.
Edit: i can't even find my SSD. Checked computer management app, says I have 3 recovery drives that are empty.  Wtf?
I know I had a working SSD when I bought this, I could close my computer in less than 20 seconds and boot it back up.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Yup careful with NVIDIA optimization, it's mostly gamer's hell :D
As for the SSD, a failing drive could be the issue.
It's not specifically related to the game (and I doubt it).

-How much free space do you have?
-How old is your drive?
-What does the inhouse analyzing tools tells you about the status of the disk?

Sabby

Sabby

So, 112 hours in, and I've only-

Spoiler
invaded The Archons flagship.
[close]

Investing in just Biotics and Combat Passives is a total power fantasy. I feel like I need the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack playing.

Seriously, this is insanity. I'm a Great Biotic Wind
Most of my Biotics are maxed out, so Singularity can detonate, I can do two Throws, I can literally Pull a guys Shields right off, and Pull two people at a time, and any time I do anything Biotic related ( which is every other second), it super charges my melee attack. If they have no Shields or Armor, I can just punch them across the room, and through any destructible environments like something out of Dragonball Z. It's insane.

And now, my Annihilation power is practically a constant Singularity surrounding me at all times, so all that destruction is in zero gravity and primes everyone floating for a Detonation, or to just put a Crusader VII against them and casually execute them one by one as they're suspended.
[close]

I kind of feel like the next playthrough can't live up to this. Combat and Tech can't be this much fun.

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Picked this up finally 2 days ago. Not very far into it yet. But have to say that love it so far. Yeah it may not be as good as the originals. But it's imo still pretty great.

Working on building the outpost on the first planet. The more I play it, the more wish would get a Star Trek game like it.

Gate

Gate

http://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-montreal-downsized-mass-effect-put-on-1795100285

Here's to hoping they didn't just pull the plug on the game's development cycle.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Thats lame.

Gate

Gate

So glad Origin access backfired. So EA f**ked another Mass Effect game, LOL.

Gate

Gate

It's been six years today.

Happy birthday, ME3

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed