Bradford Exchange Alien Merchandise

Started by Darkness, Sep 29, 2017, 09:34:13 AM

Author
Bradford Exchange Alien Merchandise (Read 13,175 times)

dHunter333

i think if it was shaped the way it was in the promo picture, it'd have to have been a smaller xeno
i am very pleased to have this unique item to add to my aliens collection
if i could go back in time i'd still have ordered 2

Darkness

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 11, 2017, 02:21:28 AM
I'm starting to see a pattern here with The Bradford Exchange where their products upon receival don't look as good as the images they use to promote them. I've found it fishy that they only show photoshopped renders of what they sell rather than actual photos.

I already called them out on it. Told them they shouldn't passing products off when they differ so much from the images on the product page. Then lower the price considerably.

Kinda disappointed with what I've seen on here. Again, for £70 it looked a lot better in the renders.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 12, 2017, 12:46:48 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 11, 2017, 02:21:28 AM
I'm starting to see a pattern here with The Bradford Exchange where their products upon receival don't look as good as the images they use to promote them. I've found it fishy that they only show photoshopped renders of what they sell rather than actual photos.

I already called them out on it. Told them they shouldn't passing products off when they differ so much from the images on the product page. Then lower the price considerably.

Kinda disappointed with what I've seen on here. Again, for £70 it looked a lot better in the renders.
Did you email them directly, or message them on Twitter/Facebook? Did they respond?

Darkness

They wanted us to review that stein but when Hicks  got it,  it was nothing like the picture. Check his picture for it. I said that any review he does wouldn't be favourable so they asked us not to review it. I suggested to stop using renders which resemble nothing like the finished products.

It's a shame because the renders look like sideshow/hot toys quality products.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'll take a look at the stein; it hadn't interested me so I didn't pay any attention to it.

I took a bunch of photos, working on getting them off my iPhone and then I'll post them.

Earlier dHunter333 said he didn't think there was water in the tube because he couldn't see any bubbles - mine definitely has water in it, I can see little particles floating around when I have the LED turned on.

dHunter333

you're right, when i turn the light on and turn it upside down i can see a couple really small particles floating around
the water is well done, you can barely tell!

Corporal Hicks

I received a shipping notification so any UK buyers should check their inboxes too.

Corporal Hicks

My copy has arrived. It has a nice heft to it and there's definitely something in there, moving about. I can see some particles of some variety. Kinda wish it was a bit bigger but it looks pretty nice. I've not tried the light but I'm happy with the purchase.  :)

Munkeywrench

I got one for Christmas it's really pretty cool

xaero

I just got this handmaded alien warrior. "xenomorph warrior" first edition in the Aliens specimen sculpture collection. It is very detailed. The bottom and top is metal and the alien is in water inside the glas.

The Snipes

I want that tankard and I want that Xenomorph in the cryotube right now... How big is the tankard Darkness?

GQSioux

Bradford has a new product. Probably doesn't look as good as the art either.

https://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/1401977001_.html

Corporal Hicks

Can you share a screen snap of it? Redirects for me.

GQSioux

Can't right click on Broadford's photos, but I found this on another site:

Alien: Nostromo Masterpiece Sculpture

Officially licensed! Handcrafted Nostromo sculpture with Xenomorph figure on detailed base. Illuminates with eerie green lights. Hand-painted details.

Measures 12" L x 9" H; Alien figure measures approximately 3-1/2" H

Corporal Hicks

The rendering sure looks sexy but I have no expectation that the actual in-hand item will look any good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed