I remember....

Started by Alan Dutch Schaefer, Dec 26, 2007, 10:40:08 PM

Author
I remember.... (Read 5,656 times)

fragility_v2

fragility_v2

He is there to clean a mess, and yet for no reason at all this "cleaner" decided to skin the body and hang it.  Why not just use the blue liquid (in the bottomless bottle) and erase all tracks of his presence.  If this was a hunt then that would have been expected.

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Alan Dutch Schaefer

i could swear the dude had that gun but he never shot at him. or maybe he thought the radio was a weapon

Weasel

Weasel

Or maybe he didn't feel like being honorable? Wolf got a little bad blood in him?

fragility_v2

fragility_v2

This is more of a scene breakdown, so to play it safe..
**Spoilers**

I've seen the movie twice, im almost 99% sure that he only had the flashlight in his hand.  He saw the Predator, was like what the hell, hid behind the tree, while peaking around the corner his radio went off.  Predator saw him, then went cloaked.  I do not recall any weapon being drawn during the chase.

** End Spoilers**

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Alan Dutch Schaefer

well wolf had to kill him anyways.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Possible Spoilers

There is no weapon drawn at all. Wolf killed him to keep things quiet.

The skinning was used as tool to get the national guard in there or make them aware that they have a problem. Remember that doctor and what he said to the sheriff?

"You've got to call in somebody."

They were all pretty shook up in that scene.

Weasel

Weasel

Or a 'f**k off' signal. He's there to kill aliens, he could care less about the humans.

fragility_v2

fragility_v2

**Spoilers**

I understand the use of the skinning in context of story progression.  Though in terms of this specific Predators motives it seem unnecessary.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: fragility_v2 on Dec 27, 2007, 02:47:56 AM
**Spoilers**

I understand the use of the skinning in context of story progression.  Though in terms of this specific Predators motives it seem unnecessary.

You're right. It wasn't.

It did make for a nice homage to the first film.  ;)

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

The problem is that unless you've been keeping up to date with online interviews etc. all of this business about Wolf being a cleaner and ignoring the rules of the hunt is moot.  None of it translates on the screen and his motivation is ambiuous at best.

Weasel

Weasel

I still loved his portrayal. Much more predator oriented than the first AVP.

bobcunk

bobcunk

he saw the pred and wolf silenced him. also even if he wasnt holding a gun he may of had a gun in his holster so he still is armed and id rather shoot a guy befor he has a chance to reacted then what till he has a gun to may head. but than agayn i don't beleave in honer or fighting fair when defending your self.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed