New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images

Started by ikarop, Apr 21, 2012, 02:31:07 PM

Author
New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images (Read 44,408 times)

shadowedge

shadowedge

Could it be?

Spoiler

The old Arachnid Alien from Kenner? What kind of giant spiders does LV-426 have that can be facehugged?
[close]

Nah  ;)

Predaker

Whatever it is, I can't wait to shoot one!  :D

escroto

escroto

Quote from: shadowedge on Apr 23, 2012, 12:47:45 PM
Could it be?

Spoiler

The old Arachnid Alien from Kenner? What kind of giant spiders does LV-426 have that can be facehugged?
[close]

Nah  ;)
emm, nice spot there shadowedge, which inevitably leads to an epic omg GB you can't be serious If true...

I still think that alien might be the egg carrier they were talking about some years ago, or maybe the alien "drone" they were announcing too by that time along with the egg carrier.

Remember the alien drone has never seen on the screen. All we know about It is that It is a ridged alien like the warrior but way smaller in size.

We've seen Giger's alien, an alien type which is not under the influence of a queen, can not be destroyed, lives for a few days only and It is basically Its host reborn as the perfect organism. Then we've also seem the arachn..., I mean the Cameralien, which is basically a puppet under the influence of a queen and with extended lifespan probably months or years who knows; it's as big as the Giger's alien, can be killed, It's not very smart and attacks in groups. So why couldn't that thing be the small alien drone Cameron couldn't include in his film?, maybe GB wanna give It a go and add the third and last human born alien class we needed since Cameron released "Aliens".

shadowedge

Quote from: escroto on Apr 23, 2012, 02:52:21 PM
Could it be?

Spoiler

[close]

Nah  ;)
emm, nice spot there shadowedge, which inevitably leads to an epic omg GB you can't be serious If true...

I still think that alien might be the egg carrier they were talking about some years ago, or maybe the alien "drone" they were announcing too by that time along with the egg carrier.

Remember the alien drone has never seen on the screen. All we know about It is that It is a ridged alien like the warrior but way smaller in size.

We've seen Giger's alien, an alien type which is not under the influence of a queen, can not be destroyed, lives for a few days only and It is basically Its host reborn as the perfect organism. Then we've also seem the arachn..., I mean the Cameralien, which is basically a puppet under the influence of a queen and with extended lifespan probably months or years who knows; it's as big as the Giger's alien, can be killed, It's not very smart and attacks in groups. So why couldn't that thing be the small alien drone Cameron couldn't include in his film?, maybe GB wanna give It a go and add the third and last human born alien class we needed since Cameron released "Aliens".

Thanks for the compliment, but I think you may be confused one the Giger Alien thing.

The Giger alien was a drone, and it was not indestructible or it's host reborn. It was just another type of xenomorph, and would possible loose it's smooth dome after a pierod of time in which it would be rigged.

escroto

escroto

Giger's alien a drone?, man this is news to me, not to mention that way for referring to It is almost as insulting as that famous nickname "scout" for, which perhaps was the strongest, biggest and most feared out of all aliens seen in the movies, along with maybe the runner, the most violent alien ever seen.

Look there's a problem when you try to apply Cameron's lore to the previous seen in "Alien", and the problem usually consists in you crashing into a concrete wall. Both movies/monster were based on complete different visions, and you can't try applying Cameron's vision on which it was not a creation of his. Apply Cameron's vision to the alien warrior and his drone only (I'm explaining now why this last one too)

And btw, so you can see who of the two is actually confused or maybe wrong. The alien "drone" was created by Cameron and had nothing to do with the first alien. It was going to be a ridged head, smaller than the warrior and in charge of the house work, spreading resin shit all over the place, helping to place eggs around, etc. He couldn't put this alien class in the film due to budget and time problems and got discarded eventually, BUT his concept remained.

You are just suffering from the secondary effects caused by long exposures to Cameron's lore after all these many years. Alien and Aliens were different movies man, different monsters with different visions of each director.

Glad to help you discovering that the alien drone was already imagined by Cameron. The first alien was just a mystery which MIGHT get an explanation, a very very subtle explanation in prometheus (doubt it tbh) or perhaps  in a more than probable sequel to this movie. For now all we know about this alien class is that It had more of jockey than we could have ever imagined before...

Chris!(($$))!

If you want to be technical, any Xeno that isn't the Queen is a drone.

The Runner

Could it be?

Spoiler

[close]

Nah  ;)

Dear lord...i'm still praying those are back tubes in the picture.

SM

SM

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Apr 23, 2012, 09:47:34 PM

Yeah, 'drone' and 'warrior' are interchangeable terms for an adult Alien.  When it comes to the films.  For the sake of games every little change in design becomes  a different class.

QuoteWhat kind of giant spiders does LV-426 have that can be facehugged?

You rang?

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: SM on Apr 23, 2012, 11:28:57 PM

QuoteWhat kind of giant spiders does LV-426 have that can be facehugged?

You rang?
http://mafoliemonenvie.unblog.fr/files/2008/06/lotr3shelob01.jpg
With the way Gearbox is using radiation in this game that could happen.
Maybe the aliens are just a distraction from the main enemy
Spoiler
[close]

SM

SM

Someone got a spider problem?

PVTDukeMorrison

I. F*cking. Hate. Spiders.

Prime113

escroto

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Apr 23, 2012, 09:47:34 PM
technically, any alien that isn't a queen can be several things (Giger's, Cameron's warrior, runner, a drone, etc), not a drone only, among other things because we've never seen one in the movies given that Cameron didn't eventually use It in his.

And on the spider alien thing..., omg, if so then can't take GB in serious anymore. I'll think that thing is either their new alien drone or their egg carrier until they reveal It eventually.

Ash 937

I really hope we see some sort of flying alien and an alien that can dig through steal because its head is shaped like a shovel. 

shadowedge

Quote from: Ash 937 on Apr 24, 2012, 08:27:02 AM
I really hope we see some sort of flying alien and an alien that can dig through steal because its head is shaped like a shovel.

Another Kenner figure fits the bill.
Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed