New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 119,273 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: happypred on May 20, 2021, 05:54:33 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 05, 2021, 06:59:45 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 03, 2021, 08:56:38 PMThe Predator actually has a tiny bit of good cinematographic elements, while AVP-R has none.

This.

Some of The Predator is undeniably shit, but bits of it are really good.

All of Requiem is undeniably shit.

Have to disagree there

The Predator was absolute shit through and through

Requiem was somewhat watchable when the focus was on Wolf, not on the teen drama

I suspect much of the hate directed at Requiem by Alien fans is traced to how Wolf slaughters Aliens left and right in that film. Yes, those fights could've been handled much better...but while Requiem was a bad but sincere attempt, The Predator was a horrendous joke I could barely sit through.

Have to disagree also.

Wolf looks, moves and acts like utter shit. Goes double for the Aliens. At least the (awfully acted) human scenes are vaguely reminiscent of stuff like The Blob or Critters.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2021, 07:20:46 PM
-you can continue the match between the so-so film "The Predator" and the wonderful "AvP-R" right here:  ;D

The Predator VS AVPR
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=61520

Thanks!

[cancerblack]

BlueMarsalis79

Why anyone devotes time to viewing or defending either's beyond me as a waste of your finite life.

ace3g

ace3g

Maybe some more hindsight is 20/20 but Trachtenberg not only recently started to follow Amber Midthunder on Twitter but also composer Chris Westlake.

IMDb page: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1277945/

Some of his work

Voodoo Magic

Don't ya know that Alan Silvestri is coming back! 🤞  ;D

Yautja888

BigDaddyJohn

I fear a Syfy channel type of cast now, hope I'm wrong.

Yautja888

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 23, 2021, 08:12:48 PM

Maybe they will use most of  the money on the creature effects.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Yautja888 on May 23, 2021, 08:49:55 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 23, 2021, 08:12:48 PM

Maybe they will use most of  the money on the creature effects.

Yeah I'm conflicted about that. If it means a great looking predator and all that ensues, great but if it cheapens the cast...

On the other hand, if we have a better and a less convincing creature...

HuDaFuK

A cast of relative unknowns doesn't automatically mean the acting will be crap.

SiL

The idea they'd get a cheap cast to spend more money on the Predator is deeply optimistic :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

For what it's worth - what we've heard of the budget isn't really cheap. If what we've heard is true, it's not being made on the AvP/R/Predators cheap.

HuDaFuK

Other than Noland's death, I didn't think Predators looked cheap at all.

Nor did AVP really - say what you like about the movie, Anderson made it look like it cost a lot more than it did.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed