Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 133,181 times)

Valheru

Valheru

Just recently started getting some weird issues since patch 5 has been applied.

- Controls seem to be laggy as hell all of a sudden, sometimes I click like 5 times trying to melee someone and it either doesn't respond in time or just doesn't connect when it does, most likely in relation to the next issue.
- Lag spikes whenever I encounter other people in the game, can be in a game with 60-80 lag then I notice strange things start happening whenever I go to attack someone, either long range or melee range...I check my lag and its spiked to 2000+!!  :o
- Joined a game on Pyramid, spawned for the first time and didn't move for a couple of seconds while I got my hands into position on the controls...all off a sudden I fall through the floor of the map, keep falling for about 5sec and die...wtf?

There's been quite a few other odd things as well, most likely due to the the weird lag spiking....tell you what, a lot of the time I come to grief because I fall back to playing how I think the game would logically play out instead of at the measured slow pace it forces you to plat at...these lag issues on top are just giving me the absolute fkn sh#ts and along with everything else that's happened with this game, I frequently think about grabbing the CD and throwing it on the fire!

Cheers,

Valheru

Valheru

Valheru

This game can make you feel so up and down....just had the most awesome night playing for 5 hours straight and absolutely owning every game, each game ending on top with between 45-60 kills and a 15 kill streak (new personal best :P)....was just going off and loving it!

It could all have never have come about though if I didn't persist when initially:

- kept getting "Connection to group timeout" just trying to get into the multiplayer menus.
- lag spikes galore! till I restarted the game a few times.
- falling through the bottom of Pyramid again.

After getting past all that and finding a good server with plenty of people, I finally had an awesome time splattering aliens and spine ripping marines.  ;D

If Rebellion really do plan to make another AVP after this one, they really need to lift the bar in pre-release testing! They also need to nut out all the game dynamics beforehand and just patch faults, not change how the game plays...this game plays so differently now to when it first came out, its like a different game altogether...they need to stop giving into every little whine that someone makes and just leave the game as it is, it wasn't that bad when it initially came out, it just needed a few tweaks...people will form their own strategies to overcome seeming uncountable situations such as the original disc spamming which only needed a tweak of energy use and a cool down...not actual nerfing of its power so that now it doesn't even represent the real thing from the movies.  ::)

Cheers,

Valheru

Valheru

Valheru

Here's a little example of some of the graphical glitches I get...all looks normal then BANG it looks like this and can't see ANYTHING.

The below happens most games, looks normal then changes all of a sudden where the contrast seems to automatically get turned up or something to a point where any sunlight makes it near impossible to see anything in the glare...the below image is on the map Ruins standing below the head statue sticking out of the wall above the stairs, looking across the canyon area.

Cheers,

Valheru

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Gotta love PC gaming where they have to make multiple patches for so many drivers, boards, cards!!  ;D

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: |ES| Valheru |M| on Jul 20, 2010, 12:32:38 AM
- falling through the bottom of Pyramid again.

Tell me about it. I have fallen through Jungle and Docks as well. Always occurring when I respawn. Other than that, I cannot find a common denominator for the occurences.

Valheru

Valheru

Quote from: Eldritch on Jul 22, 2010, 01:33:24 PM
Tell me about it. I have fallen through Jungle and Docks as well. Always occurring when I respawn. Other than that, I cannot find a common denominator for the occurences.

I'm actually thinking it is something to do with the recent safe spawn changes they implemented in patch 5...I reckon occasionally two people are spawned at the same spawn location due to lag and it causes one of them to fall through the map.

BerserkerPredator

BerserkerPredator

I have fallen through the map in c-block along with 2 of my friends in the upper left corner.

Valheru

Valheru

What a frign retarded game...try to quit out of a match and it just reloads you back into the same match.  >:(

Had to ALT F4 just to get out of it and restart the game....how fkn gay!

Adey

Adey

I found a glitch which makes your mines invisible even to pred focus mode. Way cool but dont use it as it's not fair. I also found a glitch which breaks you out of heavy attack stun a little earlier so you can interupt their next heavy with a light and do heavy's of your own and win. It also works on wall and ceiling tailing aliens but your reactions have to be quick once you take the first blow and if you pull it off you will knock the aliens off the wall/ceiling so you can heavy attack them to death hehehe.

Grey_Yautja

Grey_Yautja

QuoteWhat a frign retarded game...try to quit out of a match and it just reloads you back into the same match. 

Had to ALT F4 just to get out of it and restart the game....how fkn gay!

Yeah, happened to me before, nearly crashed my laptop. Why does this always happens when you try to leave the match in the last few minutes? It's really annoying.

Valheru

Valheru

Quote from: Grey_Yautja on Aug 01, 2010, 06:46:28 AM
Yeah, happened to me before, nearly crashed my laptop. Why does this always happens when you try to leave the match in the last few minutes? It's really annoying.

It's doing it to me all the time at the moment, can be in a new game for 2min and try to leave...it won't let you.

So retarded...they fix bugs with their new patch but manage to introduce new ones at the same time. ::)

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

Not really a BIG glitch but sometimes when I spawn there's no hud for like 15 seconds then it comes back, It looks pretty cool without a hud though.

JKM_San_Diego

Hello,

Looking for some possible help here on a few issues:

1) Game won't launch. I get a black screen and an "AVP.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for this inconvenience." message.

2) When I try and validate the files as per steam, I keep getting a "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired." message. The file is then downloaded. But no matter what I do (close and restart steam, reboot PC, etc...), the game still won't play (same "avp.exe" message as per #1 above) and whenever I try and validate the files again, I always get the same "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired." message, followed by the supposed download. This is a never-ending loop.

I've done a pretty (to me, anyway) exhausting search here on this forum and these two threads seemed the best:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=315592&page=2

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=328090

and I did/tried everything that was mentioned therein, but to no avail.

I also read and tried what was advised from the Sega and Steam websites problems/issues FAQs.

I've already tried to load the game on the three computers I've got here but I get the exact same errors/problems on all of them; they're all the same with the same specs:

Dell Vostro 200
Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.40 GHZ
2GB RAM
Intel G33/31 Express (integrated) video with 256MB (shared)
Realtek High Definition Audio
1440x900 resolution on the LCD Monitors
Windows XP, SP3

I'm not a hard-core gamer, as you can probably see by the above statistics; these machines were from an office I had closed and I subsequently brought them home, here to my house, but they seemed, to me at least, to be capable of running the game.

Windows firewall has been turned-off and I've also pared-down the settings/functions on the AVG, but AVG cannot be completely turned-off without uninstalling it.

All drivers are up-to-date.

For the record, I purchased the original game back in 1999, upgraded it to the "gold" version in 2000 (for which I received a free, rubber face-hugger and three, 27"x40" AVP/Rebellion game posters in the mail along with the CD - LOL), purchased AVP 2 around 2002 or so, and was awaiting the release of this game, that I'll refer to as AVP3, since it's the third installment in the PC-based series.

Needless to say, I'm more than a bit disappointed so far; the others ran very smoothly right from the box with nary a bump...although the original AVP indicated that a minimum of 4MB of video was required to make it playable, when, in reality, it took 16MB (from a Voodoo card from 3dFX, remember them?) to make it play 100% smoothly without any hang-ups.

That was back in the day when 95+% of people on Mplayer were on dial-up connections and 450mhz CPUs with 128mb of RAM were top-level machines – LOL.

Anyway, any help or thoughts would certainly be appreciated with respect to AVP3.

Thanks,

Jason

Valheru

Valheru

Yeah mine does that sometimes as well...other times I change vision mode as pred but it doesnt properly render sometimes for like 5-10sec.

::)

stemot

Your integrated graphics chips will be the problem I would imagine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed