Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 134,057 times)

visagepoissons

visagepoissons

As I said, it runs DX9 mode VERY easily, even my GTX 260 did. And the 400 series handles tesellation VERY well. Far better then the ATI 5XXX cards. Although performance is pretty much equal with a slight advantage in ATI's favor in AVP.

InfestedGoat

I keep seeing servers that say like 11/12 players or something of that nature, and no one is in the server!

I only found 1 populated server, the other 20 servers with players were actually empty.

I dont know if this is a glitch, but it is making it impossible to find games.

PHANTOM

Yeah it happens to me too, I'll see a server that shows "33/18" or "12/15" and yet no one is playing.

Undel

Undel

That issue affects many online games. It's very easy to avoid in AvP tho:

Just join the servers marked as In Progress.

Predator755

Predator755

I'm not sure if anyone else has raised this in the past, but I don't wanna go through 48 pages of articles looking for one. I'll risk it.

Anywhat, for some reason multiplayer on my 360 for the new AvP game friggen' blows. I haven't gotten into a single decent match since I got the game. Always few players, lag, and other flak. Yet the demo worked flawlessly, smooth as one could wish for. So whats with all this crap from the game itself? Is a problem unique to myself, or is anyone else getting this kind of trouble? If so, please let me know if there is any way to improve things, cuz the current quality of my multiplayer is dismal at best.  >:(

[DMH]Jhar'Upta-de

[DMH]Jhar'Upta-de

Ok I have no Idea if anyone brought this up but,

Theres a glitch in the PC DED servers where weapons and all projectiles will fall/go through the map.

xeno.king123

xeno.king123

I don't know if anyone has the same problem, but for some strange reason, que game gives me a CTD everytime I try to collect the trophy belt in the research lab in the predator campaign. The one right above the train, in a catwalk, in the big room as you enter the lab. I don't get any kind of message. It looks like the game just closes.

I just found this crash as this was my first time trying to get the collectables. Already finished the game multiple times and never had a single problem.

Do you guys thing that the problem could be with steam itself instead of the game? Since the problem appears to be related to the achievement.

Undel

Undel

Quote from: [DMH]Jhar'Upta-de on Jun 27, 2010, 06:36:22 AM

Theres a glitch in the PC DED servers where weapons and all projectiles will fall/go through the map.

Verify integrity of game cache, you're missing a few files.

Quote from: xenomorph.king123 on Jun 27, 2010, 08:50:06 AM
I don't know if anyone has the same problem, but for some strange reason, que game gives me a CTD everytime I try to collect the trophy belt in the research lab in the predator campaign. The one right above the train, in a catwalk, in the big room as you enter the lab. I don't get any kind of message. It looks like the game just closes.

I just found this crash as this was my first time trying to get the collectables. Already finished the game multiple times and never had a single problem.

Do you guys thing that the problem could be with steam itself instead of the game? Since the problem appears to be related to the achievement.

Same as above, also try updating your soundcard drivers.

Insomniac

Insomniac

Quote from: Undel on Jun 27, 2010, 09:13:48 AM
Quote from: [DMH]Jhar'Upta-de on Jun 27, 2010, 06:36:22 AM

Verify integrity of game cache, you're missing a few files.

If projectiles (marine grenades) are going through environment it sounds like the ded server itself needs to verift game cache, though if it happens on all ded servers I guess theres something else wrong.

xeno.king123

xeno.king123

Quote from: Undel on Jun 27, 2010, 09:13:48 AM

Quote from: xenomorph.king123 on Jun 27, 2010, 08:50:06 AM

Same as above, also try updating your soundcard drivers.

Tried that. And the drivers were up-to-date.
Still nothing.
But I can confirm (and I can't get the achivement now) that the problem was with steam and not the game itself as playing the game with steam in offline mode enabled me to get the trophy belt without any crashes. Pity that I can't get the achivement now.

Kane

Kane

After patch 5 i sometimes hear the motion tracker when i'm playing as alien/pred.
I don't know if it is the motion tracker signal from the marine players or just a bug.

newbeing

newbeing

A couple of bugs that I've seen.

-Stuck in the environment when loading into a match.
This has happened to me a couple times in Gateway and Temple. I'll load in and only be able to jump to move around, sometimes it will go away after I've moved enough.

-Spawning in and falling through the environment
I think this might be due to two characters spawning into the same spot at one time, as I once saw a fellow marine fall through the floor with me in almost the same location (it looked like we were launched away from each other below the map)

-Delayed loading of the motion tracker
Sometimes after respawning the motion tracker won't be on screen (only the small bottom portion will be) and it will take a few seconds before it loads in.

-UI shows that I have some health left when dying.
I've died a couple of times with the UI showing that I had some health left.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

- fix the 360 degree motion tracker.. you know it's supposed to be a 180 degree tracker

- Medicomp energy consumption:  PC - only takes 1/3 energy.. console takes ALL... why are they different?

Eldritch

Eldritch

I think the 360 degree tracker is good from a balance perspective.

But, there is a bug where it can detect movement beyond its normal maximum range. On more than one occasion I have seen a dot 40-50 pixels above the tracker.

Brother

Brother

It should be 180 period. The only thing alerting you that there is someone behind should be the sound they make.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed