What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 585,654 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 27, 2021, 06:11:36 AM
I'm told a 10 square foot patch of strawberries is too much for a sane person to eat themselves...I just finished laboring to make a 60 square foot patch for strawberries, on top of an existing 20 square feet (to be renovated), and I have not ruled out expansion.

That's wild!  :o  Is there a reason why you chose to do just strawberries this year and not two or more fruits?

We have a row of blueberry bushes that are matured, but we can never get to them in time...the deer always beat us to them  >:(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Blueberries give me the runs.

Wysps

Wysps

That is very sad  :( So no blueberry waffles or pancakes?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, but I want to put handfuls of them on my Cheerios and eat them that way.  I love blueberries, but my stomach can't take it.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 28, 2021, 06:08:11 PM
I'm told a 10 square foot patch of strawberries is too much for a sane person to eat themselves...I just finished laboring to make a 60 square foot patch for strawberries, on top of an existing 20 square feet (to be renovated), and I have not ruled out expansion.

That's wild!  :o  Is there a reason why you chose to do just strawberries this year and not two or more fruits?

We have a row of blueberry bushes that are matured, but we can never get to them in time...the deer always beat us to them  >:(
I do a few other fruits, prunes, asian pear, figs, blueberries. The new-normal type of heat here is making it almost unreasonably hard to keep anything alive, or ruins the fruit. It may just be because at the this particular time, a lot of my stuff isn't established yet.

You might try planting a companion plant for blueberries that deer don't like to fix that problem.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Finally got around to ordering a 3x3 sheet of wood so I can play Star Trek Alliances on the table and not on the floor.  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Strong enough to go on no matter what. 
(Yeah I know cut yourself on that edge)
But sometimes it's worth acknowledging when you pick yourself up.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I guess they're watching an old 20th Century (Fox) classic.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2021, 08:11:46 AM
Finally got around to ordering a 3x3 sheet of wood so I can play Star Trek Alliances on the table and not on the floor.  ;D

Is that one of the fleet battle kinda games?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Had fun drawing today.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 01, 2021, 07:04:40 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2021, 08:11:46 AM

Is that one of the fleet battle kinda games?

Yeah. It's a co-op/single player spin-off of Star Trek: Attack Wing, which was made using the Star Wars: X-Wing engine. Kinda dodgy engine for capital ship battle, but it works in the end. I used to play Attack Wing competitively (6th in the UK one year) but the game slowly died a death when WizKids stopped putting out regular ships and supporting the OP scene. But they released Alliances this year and I'd been really looking forward to it.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Ah yup. You gonna use rattle cans and paint splatter to get a space vibe or just cop a neoprene mat?

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 29, 2021, 12:11:01 AM
Quote from: Wysps on Jun 28, 2021, 06:08:11 PM

I do a few other fruits, prunes, asian pear, figs, blueberries. The new-normal type of heat here is making it almost unreasonably hard to keep anything alive, or ruins the fruit. It may just be because at the this particular time, a lot of my stuff isn't established yet.

You might try planting a companion plant for blueberries that deer don't like to fix that problem.

Hey, you grow almost the same plants as us  ;D  We have a family residence a few miles away that has Asian pears, figs, blueberries, blackberries (wild), and American persimmon.  I don't know if you can get the persimmons to grow out there, but they produce a lot of fruits in the fall.  You can make a lot of stuff with them (bread puddings, jams, custards). 

We'll have to look into doing something about the blueberries next year, whether it be a fence or a companion plant.  I think this year will be another loss.  It's a buck with his two families that have taken up residence on our property, 6 in total.  There's a black bear in the area and I'm secretly hoping he comes around and scares them away... 

Stitch

Stitch

England just beat Ukraine 4-0 in the Euros. Is it coming home? Is football really coming home? Maybe. We'll see.

Huggs

Huggs

You say Ukraine weak?

Why you say Ukraine weak?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed