3 Tracks for ya all.

Started by That Yellow Alien, Dec 01, 2007, 05:41:59 PM

Author
3 Tracks for ya all. (Read 19,062 times)

NintendoMan

NintendoMan

im actually starting to like striptease
on the basis of the actual music itself
the scene might be chessy
but its great overall :)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I'm starting to think that 'Striptease' might actually be my favourite. I really like how it shifts from peaceful and relaxing to something suggestive of encircling threat.

It's very much like the ending of the superb 'Attacking Brides' track from the 'Van Helsing' music.

Alien Freak

Alien Freak

Man, this music rocks. The movie is now officially awesome.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteReally don't like Decimation Proclamation. It's too messy - It's not music, just a loud sound.

I think that's one of the only criticisms I have of the score.  The tension is building, I'm imagining how the scene unfolds in my mind... then suddenly my eardrums are assaulted by the sound of 100 violinists having a mass epileptic fit.  The subtlety flies right out the window which is a shame because we're obviously going to SEE the shit hitting the fan on the screen, so the music doesn't need to make it so deafeningly obvious.  I hope it's not too intrusive in the movie.

Weasel

Weasel

I like how people are responding generally well to the music. Because music can really add to a movie.

D88M

D88M

I miss the tribal drums :(, but more i hear it, more i like it, but maybe too much ``aliens´´ style here. I want to hear the song from the population trailer, and the song of store showdown, i can´t wait to buy it ;D

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 04, 2007, 01:57:52 AM
QuoteReally don't like Decimation Proclamation. It's too messy - It's not music, just a loud sound.

I think that's one of the only criticisms I have of the score.  The tension is building, I'm imagining how the scene unfolds in my mind... then suddenly my eardrums are assaulted by the sound of 100 violinists having a mass epileptic fit.  The subtlety flies right out the window which is a shame because we're obviously going to SEE the shit hitting the fan on the screen, so the music doesn't need to make it so deafeningly obvious.  I hope it's not too intrusive in the movie.

Quite the reverse. When Dallas is killed in the vents in Alien, Scott has loud noises assault the viewers senses. It makes a scene all that more frightening because it really makes it a shock to your system.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteWhen Dallas is killed in the vents in Alien, Scott has loud noises assault the viewers senses.

Yeah but that sound comes from the alien itself/microphone feedback.  There was no need for a massive crescendo ontop of that.

TrekGuy 90

TrekGuy 90

This was in the press release on the main page:

SONGS

"The Chopper" and "Grim Discovery"
Composed by Alan Silvestri
Courtesy of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation

So it looks like we're going to be hearing some stuff directly from the "Predator" score...

It could be a reference to the fact that we hear bits of the Pred score in Tyler's work, but we also hear cues from "Aliens," and "A: Res," and those aren't mentioned, so I doubt it...

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: TrekGuy 90 on Dec 04, 2007, 10:30:30 PM

SONGS

So it looks like we're going to be hearing some stuff directly from the "Predator score"...

It could be reference to the fact that we hear bits of the Pred score in Tyler's work, but we also hear cues from "Aliens," and "A: Res," and those aren't mentioned, so I doubt it...

If this is true, I will explode in a fit of fandom.  :D

frenchpred

frenchpred

It's thrilling. !!! ;D

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Isn't Grim discovery the song title that has the tribal drums that just drumroll on tribal drums mysteriously?

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Aeus on Dec 04, 2007, 11:15:14 PM

SONGS

So it looks like we're going to be hearing some stuff directly from the "Predator score"...

It could be reference to the fact that we hear bits of the Pred score in Tyler's work, but we also hear cues from "Aliens," and "A: Res," and those aren't mentioned, so I doubt it...

If this is true, I will explode in a fit of fandom.  :D
We will awesome? Aliens? none from that?

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

SONGS

So it looks like we're going to be hearing some stuff directly from the "Predator" score...

It could be a reference to the fact that we hear bits of the Pred score in Tyler's work, but we also hear cues from "Aliens," and "A: Res," and those aren't mentioned, so I doubt it...

The Grim Discovery and the Chopper are one of my favorite tracks from the PRedator. :)

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Which tracks are they?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed