AvP2 Props Descriptions

Started by Darkness, Jul 28, 2007, 08:10:27 PM

Author
AvP2 Props Descriptions (Read 21,118 times)

Atue

Atue

So is Paul W.S. Anderson    :(  

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Holding it in the hand is not going to change the firing rate, any more than mounting an M60 on the back of a vehicle would. It's still going to fire at the same speed as ever. On the shoulder, it can aim in more directions than in hands, such as directly behind.  If creatures are coming from several directions, then it should want hands free for other weapons.

Predator-fan

Predator-fan

" In Aliens VS Predator, the plasma cannon is adapted as a hand-held weapon, ready for quick and dirty work." I think, they are talking about AVP game   ;)  

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

"Fellow warriors appear white " So, does that mean were still going to see other predators? Also, the handheld weapon is just fine IF handeled right in the movie, alot of things work fine when theyr on-screen and just sound stupid, im going to wait, and those new photos are looking great.

jimmylace

jimmylace

look, heres what I make of it. On paper, the idea of a human blasting aliens away with a predator gun sounds like a really  cheesy and downright f-u to the previous movies. But, I guess it really depends on how its handled in the movie.  The character wont necessarily be shouting 'get this mother- f**kers!' etc etc...it could be handled with real intensity and unsureness. I dont like the idea on paper, but that doesnt give any of us the right to bash it until we see it on screen in this case.

jimmylace

jimmylace

and id expect a slightly more mature approach from some of  you...even the mods?!....for shame. for shame.   ???   And to jump to the conclusion that theyve gone ahead and  shot the early draft on the basis of this is wrong. How do  any of us know the scene will play out like in the aicn review now? 20 aliens could have turned into just the one  for all we know.

jimmylace

jimmylace

off topic a little, at the sight of hoardes of impeding aliens how cool would it be if one of the main  characters blew their own heads off with the predator gun? now thats edgy. I wish I was a movie person and not a design person :( lol

Danger Close

Danger Close

So funny to hear Colin put you in you place. I think he has made it clear a number of times that the filmakers and the marketing team are not related.

ArielAleXCo

ArielAleXCo

ok.... handheled cannon... well in predator2, he used a "gun" maybe its some sort of  "...damn! turn arround and shot" a la jackie Chan (rush hour 2)... I mean... real life is not like halo that you only have forward to shot, in real life you can shot backwards without looking. ^_^  Oh well... about the helmet NOW I LIKE IT A LITTLE MORE... except the "perfil", it look to long and pointy. XDD but... as I said before... I didnt like the batman begins suit... until it was on the movie. (well, except in the part he runs toward the screen)... but the mask is really corbonite black like???

Soul

Soul

Some people are bagging on others for voicing concerns before having seen the finished product.  They need to remember that people were saying the exact same thing three years ago before AvP came out ... "don't worry, stop complaining you haven't seen it yet".....and all the bad lookin stuff we saw beforehand.....and look what a genuine turd that one turned into.  People had a right to have concerns then, and they could now...we'll see.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The hand held idea is just retarded, I don't give a damn if it is perfect for the story, to me, it doesn't make sense for this to happen when he has that damn gauntlet blaster thing as seen in P2, HOW THE HELL IS IT SUPPOSED TO WORK WITHOUT THE DAMN PRED PAK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry72

Harry72

Hand held - why not ? Experienced hunters often have a personalized weaponarsenal. Like Christie's pistols in Alien Resurrection. Faster on-hand and the pred can aim through pointing at the enemies with his arm.

Predator82

Predator82

hand-held and human? where did he get the energy to shot? i think, only the pred can use it

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Johnny Lewis 24  Reiko Alyesworth 34  David Paetkau 28  Chelah Horsdal 34  Juan Reidinger 26  Ariel Gade 10 Ty Olsson - 33  Steven Pasquale - 25  John Ortiz - 36     Not a single teenager in the whole bunch...so there's a derogatory name in the offing for whoever next whines about teens in the film.

Harry72

Harry72

@Predator82: Sure, only the pred i mean of course.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed