Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 246,261 times)

reecebomb

Quote from: Gash on Dec 23, 2017, 11:22:47 PM
Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 23, 2017, 11:10:09 PM
Quote from: Gash on Dec 23, 2017, 09:19:46 PM
Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 23, 2017, 08:46:37 PM
Quote from: Gash on Dec 23, 2017, 08:09:31 PM
Quote from: Buttz on Dec 23, 2017, 06:08:00 PM
Scott is has made the Alien uninteresting.

Salvaged it from endless generic runarounds IMHO.

Aliens, Alien 3, Alien:Resurrection? or all of them?

Alien3 has some interesting ideas so I admire some aspects of it, all the others just rehash Alien to lesser effect.

And Covenant or even Prometheus aren't? :D

They touch on the familiar whilst bringing in a lot of new ideas - what decent companion films should do.

Alien - group of people stumble upon a mysterious signal that leads then to derelict alien ship and they get killed.

Prometheus - group of moron scientists find/stumble upon a mysterious signal that leads them to a derelict alien ship and they get killed.

Alien: Covenant - a group of complete morons stumble upon a mysterious signal that leads them to a derelict alien ship and then unsurprisingly they get killed, because they are idiots. There's also a magical android involved who'd rather belong in a Disney fairy tale  than any serious sci-fi and a cgi caricature of Alien creature who get's blown to space. But the movie has a dark twist ending, therefore it's different and it automatically makes a shit film good, like proven by Rogue One.

Alionic

You want a remake of Cameron's film, and yet you're complaining about no "originality"?  :D

Fanboys these days.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 24, 2017, 12:09:33 AM
You want a remake of Cameron's film, and yet you're complaining about no "originality"?  :D

Fanboys these days.

Teh f**k why prequel lovers still resort to this unguided idea, just give it a rest already. I just want a good film, not a silly cgi mess that belittles the originals.
Gash suggested the prequels unlike the sequels weren't a rehash of Alien, while i think the prequels are exactly that, a rehash but without any finesse. Where did i suggest i want a remake of Aliens?

Corporal Hicks

Fanboys these days.

Really considering it making a rule that this nonsense retort is banned.

Alionic

Alionic

I just want critics of them like you to be consistent. I see you're now changing your complaint from "lack of originality" (because it's a bad argument) to wanting "a good film."

And Prometheus was wholly original when compared to the Alien films; not only is your critique of this film simply inaccurate, it also demonstrates an inconsistency in your complaint about the prequels as a whole.

What you seem to want is a soft reboot of Cameron's film, primarily driven by nostalgia.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 24, 2017, 12:36:13 AM

Fanboys these days.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TautBraveAfricancivet-max-1mb.gif

I won't use the slur "fanboy" anymore.

Corporal Hicks

Not talking about fanboy. Talking about the auto retort that anyone who dislikes Covenant automatically wants a remake of Aliens.

Predator@Alien

So the next movie of Ridley Scott is ... Cartel ?!

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, Cartel is up next.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 24, 2017, 12:36:40 AM
I just want critics of them like you to be consistent. I see you're now changing your complaint from "lack of originality" (because it's a bad argument) to wanting "a good film."

And Prometheus was wholly original when compared to the Alien films; not only is your critique of this film simply inaccurate, it also demonstrates an inconsistency in your complaint about the prequels as a whole.

What you seem to want is a soft reboot of Cameron's film, primarily driven by nostalgia.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 24, 2017, 12:36:13 AM

Fanboys these days.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TautBraveAfricancivet-max-1mb.gif

I won't use the slur "fanboy" anymore.

I'm pretty much a fanboy, as are most of here, i personally don't find that insulting.
But you still projecting that lame conlusion on a Covenant critic like me is silly beyound belief, it's a bit insulting but then again i find it difficult to get insulted from complete strangers on the internet.
My main criticism is that in fact that the prequels are inconcictent mess, introducing half assed ideas, that  they didn't even begin to properly explore and lacked almost every aspect what made originals so damn good. Take the rehashed bits away from the prequels and what do you get, basically nothing but first pages of somewhat interesting ideas (Prometheus).
Prometheus wasn't that bad, there was still hope that the sequel could go on in interesting ways and i've always stated they should have  continued with what they had first in mind, have a otherworldy adventure with Shaw and David with or without the xenomorph.

But naw, all i want is a remake of Aliens.

D88M

I Liked Daniels character, if she just dies or they do that stupid thing they did to Shaw it would be a waste (again) of a character

SM

QuotePrometheus - group of moron scientists find/stumble upon a mysterious signal that leads them to a derelict alien ship and they get killed.

That didn't happen in Prometheus.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 24, 2017, 12:03:19 AM

Alien3 has some interesting ideas so I admire some aspects of it, all the others just rehash Alien to lesser effect.

They touch on the familiar whilst bringing in a lot of new ideas - what decent companion films should do.

Alien - group of people stumble upon a mysterious signal that leads then to derelict alien ship and they get killed.

Prometheus - group of moron scientists find/stumble upon a mysterious signal that leads them to a derelict alien ship and they get killed.

Alien: Covenant - a group of complete morons stumble upon a mysterious signal that leads them to a derelict alien ship and then unsurprisingly they get killed, because they are idiots. There's also a magical android involved who'd rather belong in a Disney fairy tale  than any serious sci-fi and a cgi caricature of Alien creature who get's blown to space. But the movie has a dark twist ending, therefore it's different and it automatically makes a shit film good, like proven by Rogue One.

Ok. Sorry you see it that way. Far more going on than that. But whatever. Like what you like.

Planetary exploration being the common theme in Alien films - who'da thunk?

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: SM on Dec 24, 2017, 01:42:39 AM
QuotePrometheus - group of moron scientists find/stumble upon a mysterious signal that leads them to a derelict alien ship and they get killed.

That didn't happen in Prometheus.

Sorry, change - stumble upon mysterious signal with stumble upon star map that leads to...

Quote from: Gash on Dec 24, 2017, 01:46:19 AM
Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 24, 2017, 12:03:19 AM

Ok. Sorry you see it that way. Far more going on than that. But whatever. Like what you like.

Planetary exploration being the common theme in Alien films - who'da thunk?

There is obviously more going on, same with Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.
I'm sorry too that this is the way i feel about the prequels, wish i'd like them, but they are not for me and i do believe there are issues present that objectively confirm that they are not good films. In the end it's just an opinion, not telling anyone what they can like or not. It irks me a bit that some here believe it's as good as it could get, again just opinions.

Gash

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 23, 2017, 11:53:17 PM
Quote from: Daszkowski on Dec 23, 2017, 08:25:10 PM
"There's no reason why 'Alien' should now not be on the same level for fans as 'Star Trek' and 'Star Wars,'" Scott told the Toronto Sun in a recent interview. "So I think the next step as to where we go is, do we sustain the 'Alien' (series) with the evolution of the beast or do we reinvent something else? I think you need to have an evolution on this famous beast because he's the best monster ever, really."
Read More:Adam Savage Goes Incognito in the 'Alien: Covenant' Spacesuit at Comic-Con — Watch

That response naturally led to a question about more "Alien" movies, and Scott was unequivocal in his response. "I would like to; they're crazy if they don't," he said. "David is a fantastic villain. I love what (Michael Fassbender) did in 'Covenant.' But it's f—ing hard, dude. We lifted 'Alien' out of a ditch and made "Prometheus.'"

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/ridley-scott-alien-star-wars-star-trek-1201910690/

Lifted Alien out of a ditch only to bury it deeper with the prequels  ::)

Lifted it out of a ditch is an accurate description of where Resurrection, AvP and AvP:R drove it - practically into cheap sell-through territory. Whether you like the stories or not Prometheus and Covenant got A grade treatment and commitment which is miraculous in itself.

reecebomb

Quote from: Gash on Dec 24, 2017, 02:16:49 AM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 23, 2017, 11:53:17 PM
Quote from: Daszkowski on Dec 23, 2017, 08:25:10 PM
"There's no reason why 'Alien' should now not be on the same level for fans as 'Star Trek' and 'Star Wars,'" Scott told the Toronto Sun in a recent interview. "So I think the next step as to where we go is, do we sustain the 'Alien' (series) with the evolution of the beast or do we reinvent something else? I think you need to have an evolution on this famous beast because he's the best monster ever, really."
Read More:Adam Savage Goes Incognito in the 'Alien: Covenant' Spacesuit at Comic-Con — Watch

That response naturally led to a question about more "Alien" movies, and Scott was unequivocal in his response. "I would like to; they're crazy if they don't," he said. "David is a fantastic villain. I love what (Michael Fassbender) did in 'Covenant.' But it's f—ing hard, dude. We lifted 'Alien' out of a ditch and made "Prometheus.'"

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/ridley-scott-alien-star-wars-star-trek-1201910690/

Lifted Alien out of a ditch only to bury it deeper with the prequels  ::)

Lifted it out of a ditch is an accurate description of where Resurrection, AvP and AvP:R drove it - practically into cheap sell-through territory. Whether you like the stories or not Prometheus and Covenant got A grade treatment and commitment which is miraculous in itself.

AvP and AvP:R are irrelevant. They didn't help but they shouldn't be a factor. A:R is flawed but i enjoy it more than Covenant, better film too imo. I don't think it's really even possible to do much worse with 100mil than what was done in second half of Covenant, grade A treatment my ass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed