Soundtrack...

Started by Gazz, Dec 08, 2007, 11:51:07 AM

Author
Soundtrack... (Read 11,506 times)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 08, 2007, 12:30:50 PM
Quote from: Gazz on Dec 08, 2007, 11:51:07 AM
Brain Tyler proves that he can put together a great genre score but I can't help but wonder what this score would be without the homages behind it.

That's my view.

My favourite is still very much 'Striptease'.

Yes, I prefer the more melodical ones, like 'Kelly returns home' and 'Striptease'... ;)

The rest is just sampling from the various movies PLUS noise... The Opening credits are too Aliens... but the main theme is alright...nothing to hum about, but not bad... ;)

Too bad the initial song from the Population trailer didn't make it... :(

D88M

D88M

I just hear it (the avp-r soundtrack), and i have one doubt... where are the songs of the population trailer ???, can someone explain to me please :)?

EDIT: National guard pt. 2 and AVP-R theme are my favorites. What happened to the population trailer songs? ???

frenchpred

frenchpred

Quote from: Gazz on Dec 08, 2007, 01:40:23 PM
Quote from: frenchpred on Dec 08, 2007, 01:31:19 PM
Several tracks are very suspense, like 19 " searching the poolhouse."

But there is no tension in the order of tracks. It doesn't seem to be leading me anywhere and instead just drops me in the middle of it before ending at a place of no real significance. It just ends.

QuoteThe score is superb, Tyler has is own style and just added much notes from all the previous movies,wich is a great idea, and he done that well.

I like Bryan Tyler (I liked somewhat him prior to the release of AvPR) but he doesn't bring any individuality to the soundtrack and instead presents us with a best of montage from both series. I guess thats exactly what some of the fans want, but every Composer that has worked on each installment (save for Pred 2 as it's still Silvestri) has always brought something new to the table. Here you can't go 30 seconds without a variation on an Alien/ Predator motif. I hoped the inclusion of the Pred Alien would enable him to bring in some new themes. That's another problem I have. As there is no real theme (reoccuring throughout) there really isn't any kind of pay off/ climax.

QuoteHe gave an identity to the avp franchise, opposite to Kloser, who made a decent soundtrack but without any feeling like "wow back to the roots !!".

But by simply homaging the alien and predator soundtracks he's not creating a new identity. Just a montage.

QuoteMuch songs are a mixing of suspense and action, really the whole soundtrack rocks.

With tweaks to the tracklisting I agree that it's a good soundtrack.

This soundtrack is a dream for the true fans.AvP's soundtrack was lame.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: frenchpred on Dec 09, 2007, 10:52:56 PM

This soundtrack is a dream for the true fans.AvP's soundtrack was lame.

Now now. We get enough of that over at the imdb boards. There is no need for hostility when your opinion is questioned. Here we go...

I consider myself to be a true fan of both Alien and Predator. Although I happen to be a fan of good filmmaking and composing too. I don't think being a fan means that you have to blindly accept everything that is thrown at you (although if that floats your boat go figure). As a soundtrack it works after some rearranging and tweaking. There is some good music but there are faults to. I beleive it will work brillaintly in the film moreso than it does as a stand alone soundtrack.

Now you may try again.

frenchpred

frenchpred

Your avatar recalls me Shinning, and the twin little girls in the corridors.A long time ago i was playing Duke Nukem, and i met these twins while i played the game.But i used a shotgun, not an axe.

I don't swallow all, i just know what is an improvement and what is an insult.

If i compare Kloser's scores with Tyler's scores, it's clear, one made songs i forgot, the other made something thrilling.The songs are filled by notes from all the previous movies, 7 movies.

It's just wonderful, and after the avp bastardisation, olds fans like me need to see some people paying respect to the franchises.Now it's done.

A great thanks to this powerful soundtrack.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: frenchpred on Dec 10, 2007, 01:55:24 AM
Your avatar recalls me Shinning, and the twin little girls in the corridors.A long time ago i was playing Duke Nukem, and i met these twins while i played the game.But i used a shotgun, not an axe.

I don't swallow all, i just know what is an improvement and what is an insult.

If i compare Kloser's scores with Tyler's scores, it's clear, one made songs i forgot, the other made something thrilling.The songs are filled by notes from all the previous movies, 7 movies.

It's just wonderful, and after the avp bastardisation, olds fans like me need to see some people paying respect to the franchises.Now it's done.

A great thanks to this powerful soundtrack.

I was having the same discussion with somone from Alien Experience today. We agreed that AvP worked best as a stand alone from the film (though given the quality of the film it's blatantly obvious why the score was so lacking). And I agree that the music here is an improvement but even so I still have some issues with the presentation of the soundtrack as a soundtrack. I also wanted a bit more Brian Tyler and thought the introduction of the Predalien would enable him to create his own theme using Alien/ Predator score elements.

It's a good soundtrack that'll work better with the film than it will on cd (mainly due to the order of tracks). And I say that as a massive follower and fan of soundtracks not as a fanboy/hater/lover etc.

frenchpred

frenchpred

Besides, 2 silvestri's songs from the original Predator are credited.

Means we'll hear em during the movie. 8)

Dead solid perfect !

D88M

D88M

Someone can tell me what the f**k happened to the population trailer songs? i need an answer!!!! i want to hear them :-\

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

There is no population trailer song.

D88M

D88M

I mean the songs that you can hear in that trailer, that with the guitar, and that in the end that was like: tutututututututu when appear the avp-r logo :)

frenchpred

frenchpred

the x'mas and pop songs aren't n the soundtrack, they are just marketting songs.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: D88M on Dec 10, 2007, 05:16:37 PM
I mean the songs that you can hear in that trailer, that with the guitar, and that in the end that was like: tutututututututu when appear the avp-r logo :)

Those are not part of the soundtrack.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: frenchpred on Dec 10, 2007, 04:54:19 PM
Besides, 2 silvestri's songs from the original Predator are credited.

Means we'll hear em during the movie. 8)

Dead solid perfect !

As a soundtrack it could be better =/

D88M

D88M

That happens when i don´t pay attention :P, from where are they, or their are just for the trailer?

Ccoletta86

Ccoletta86

Gazz your sig gives me nightmares.....

I cant find the soundtrack anywhere...not eben Barnes and Noble has it :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed