Fede Álvarez Reacts and Breaks Down Teaser

Started by Ingwar, Mar 20, 2024, 10:06:04 PM

Author
Fede Álvarez Reacts and Breaks Down Teaser (Read 1,614 times)

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2024, 09:19:53 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 20, 2024, 11:36:59 PMWould be cool to see the Alien: Covenant/Alien Weyland-Yutani logo used on board Remus, while the Aliens/Alien 3 logo (yes, I know there's a bit of a difference with the pointed edges in Alien 3's

Yeah, that would be really cool, and another very strong visual way to portray what he is saying there. One of the other interviews also talks about the whole Prometheus/Alien of it all. I know that's been a fansplanation for quite a while, but it's one I do agree with and I like seeing Fede also bring up.

I know a lot of people felt like it makes no sense. But I think we make the mistake when we watch the Nostromo and assume that's how the entire universe looks like. If I decide to make a movie on Earth today, and I go to the Mojave Desert and I take an old truck because a guy drives a Chevy, if you're an alien, you're going to go, "That's what the world looks like." But it doesn't mean there's not a guy in a Tesla in the city, which would be the "Prometheus" ship. The first movie is truck drivers in a beat-up truck. "Prometheus" is the ship of the richest man in the world.

100% agree with this... at the time Prometheus was made, this was my head canon. However it becomes more complex when the Covenant, a colony ship, has more advanced tech than Hadley's Hope does 60+ years later. 😅

Corporal Hicks

If we take "shake-and-bake" to be cheaper made (though I don't really think that's the intend implications of the term), then perhaps Covenant was just better well supplied since it was supposed to be the attempt at the furthest colonisation effort (though that's from the novelization or the prequel or the marketing, I can't remember which).

MudButt

I definitely buy Fede's explanation. He seems pretty knowledgeable about the expanded lore of the Alien universe (just look at him talking about the pulse rifle Rain is holding).

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 22, 2024, 01:05:03 PMIf we take "shake-and-bake" to be cheaper made (though I don't really think that's the intend implications of the term), then perhaps Covenant was just better well supplied since it was supposed to be the attempt at the furthest colonisation effort (though that's from the novelization or the prequel or the marketing, I can't remember which).

Possibly; I mean when they first re-opened the Grand Central train service, my first few journeys in it, every coach felt like first class; tables and lamps, curtains etc... they quickly reverted and now every coach looks like your bog-standard train carriage... it's possible that early colony missions were given all bells and whistles as promoting WeYu (showing the world their latest innovation etc) and over time it was "meh, it's another Atmosphere processor crew, CRTs will do". 😂

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Mar 24, 2024, 06:06:03 PMPossibly; I mean when they first re-opened the Grand Central train service, my first few journeys in it, every coach felt like first class; tables and lamps, curtains etc... they quickly reverted and now every coach looks like your bog-standard train carriage... it's possible that early colony missions were given all bells and whistles as promoting WeYu (showing the world their latest innovation etc) and over time it was "meh, it's another Atmosphere processor crew, CRTs will do". 😂

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Although things pretty much started sliding when the Weyland Era ended in the 2090s. It's even stated in several sources that the Covenant is more industrial and functional than the Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed