[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2024, 03:26:28 PM

Author
[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film! (Read 21,555 times)

Kradan

Gotta be honest - not too excited about either

Spoiler
BC return or another android with Ian Holme's face
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 13, 2024, 04:13:29 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 13, 2024, 04:10:43 PM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 13, 2024, 03:46:17 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 13, 2024, 03:43:37 PMAlso, how did they f**king find it floating in the vast ocean of space?

That's gonna need one helluva explanation...

They'll skip that part :)

But do they really need to explain it though?

It's suposed to be the perfect organism, so surviving in outer space seems right up its alley.

Not to mention, that Isolation already showed us the Xenomorph surviving in outer space.

It's not so much the surving as finding it.

Space is vast, Big Chap is a slightly larger than man sized object.

Objects in space don't float stationary. They are simply in freefall towards the strongest gravity well.

To find Big Chap you would need to find out where and when the Narcissus ejected it, which direction and speed the Narcissus was traveling at, how much thrust Ripley applied to the ion engines, the effects of the nearest gravity wells etc. and even then you'd still need a mountain of luck and years of searching.

Corporal Hicks

Didn't I say something previously about there being some decades between Alien and my intel of when Romulus began?

Mike’s Monsters

Well that was while it lasted. Sorry the spoilers are out there now. >:(

Rankles75

I thought BC was basically burned to a crisp personally. Good thing they didn't find the Queen floating out there instead, maybe they're saving that for the sequel?  ;)

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 13, 2024, 04:28:30 PMDidn't I say something previously about there being some decades between Alien and my intel of when Romulus began?

I assumed you meant they catch Big Chap relatively relatively soon after Alien as Wey-Yu would be searching that particular area of space for the Nostromo. Then the move skips ahead a few decades.

Kradan

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 13, 2024, 04:24:01 PMAlso, perfect organism is just a label. Such a thing like perfect organism doesn't exist. How could it survive floating in the vacuum of cosmos where nothing was around?

Its sci-fi, man. How can it grow so fast ? How can it have acid for blood ? Why does it have that trademark "biomech" look ? These are things that make it "Alien" for us i.e. non-explainable. Personally, I very much dig the idea of Alien being capable to survive indefinetly in the vacuum of space - either hibernating or chasing some poor soul in a space suit

TheBATMAN

I can imagine it curled up in a fetal position all iced up a bit like the image of the queen at the start of the very first Aliens dark horse comic.

Kradan

Quote from: Rankles75 on Mar 13, 2024, 04:29:21 PMI thought BC was basically burned to a crisp personally

That's not how I remember it. Shuttle engines' firing up clearly hurt it to the point of it letting go of Narcissus but otherwise it looked very much intact

Ingwar

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 13, 2024, 04:31:11 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 13, 2024, 04:24:01 PMAlso, perfect organism is just a label. Such a thing like perfect organism doesn't exist. How could it survive floating in the vacuum of cosmos where nothing was around?

Its sci-fi, man. How can it grow so fast ? How can it have acid for blood ? Why does it have that trademark "biomech" look ? These are things that make it "Alien" for us i.e. non-explainable. Personally, I very much dig the idea of Alien being capable to survive indefinetly in the vacuum of space - either hibernating or chasing some poor soul in a space suit

Growing fast, having acid for a blood is one thing, surviving indefinitely in the vacuum of space is another. Not to mention it was wounded and presumably in its last stage of life cycle. But I'm guessing it's not a case anymore.

Slutty Badger

Sooo...

Spoiler
...because Big Chap has been tapped for pathogen and it's been dubbed the "Prometheus strain", does this mean that they're going with the whole "David created the Xenomorph" thing?
[close]

Kradan

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 13, 2024, 04:33:01 PMI can imagine it curled up in a fetal position all iced up a bit like the image of the queen at the start of the very first Aliens dark horse comic.

Or maybe like this ?

Ingwar

Yeah, I'm guessing they will go that road. Frozen in space.

Kradan

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 13, 2024, 04:36:54 PMGrowing fast, having acid for a blood is one thing, surviving indefinitely in the vacuum of space is another.

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 13, 2024, 04:36:54 PMNot to mention it was wounded and presumably in its last stage of life cycle

Facehugger healed just fine after being cut - who's to say adult one can't do the same ?

The whole "Alien has a very short life span" thing isn't stated in the movie itself

Ingwar

Yes, that's why I used term presumably. But even if it does survive, it still doesn't change the fact that Ripley's final heroic act is discredited. I'm simply not buying it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed