Test Screening Reactions/Details

Started by Darkoo, Mar 09, 2024, 05:50:27 PM

Author
Test Screening Reactions/Details (Read 13,697 times)

Slutty Badger

It's gotta be the Covenant.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Mar 09, 2024, 05:57:09 PMIt's gotta be the Covenant.
Would make me happy...

Quote from: Darkoo on Mar 09, 2024, 05:50:27 PMhttps://twitter.com/thevscooper/status/1766509253659893981
I can't wait for some official promo art to start trickling out so we can stop seeing this damn image.

BigDaddyJohn

So numerous baby xenos and one adult xenomorph ? Is this accurate ? Can Mike confirm or deny ?

TheBATMAN

Hope it is the covenant. Nice little bookened to the prequels and keeps them relevant but at the same time letting Romulus do its own thing.

PortugueseXeno

After everything that Mike has hinted, i simply can't see the Covenant being that ship.

Mike said that Romulus goes to back to basics and feels more like Alien and Aliens (aesthetic too), so i can't see the Covenant and the tecnhology of that ship being in this movie.

The most likely outcome is that the abandoned spaceship/space station is the Romulus that the characters are scavenging.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 09, 2024, 07:17:38 PMAfter everything that Mike has hinted, i simply can't see the Covenant being that ship.

Mike said that Romulus goes to back to basics and feels more like Alien and Aliens (aesthetic too), so i can't see the Covenant and the tecnhology of that ship being in this movie.

The most likely outcome is that the abandoned spaceship/space station is the Romulus that the characters are scavenging.

Yeah, but the prologue or early scenes could take place on the Covenant, and then the main action shifts to Romulus or wherever.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Darkoo on Mar 09, 2024, 05:50:27 PMhttps://twitter.com/thevscooper/status/1766509253659893981
That god damn AvP image of the Alien, 20 years and we can't get rid of it. It's everywhere. I'm already getting full hyped, I'm ready for the trailer. I hope that the ship it's the Covenant, it would be so cool.

So basically, the story it's like Don't Breathe 😅

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 09, 2024, 07:56:44 PMSo basically, the story it's like Don't Breathe 😅

David: "Hold my Turkey Baster"

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 09, 2024, 04:23:00 PM
Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 09, 2024, 03:53:39 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 09, 2024, 02:37:45 PMFunny. Covenant's trailer kinda sucks. Very good movie, though!
I really liked both teaser and full trailer actually. Not at same level of the trailers of Prometheus, but there are pretty good

I think I was just pretty sour on Covenant on the whole before release, and that impacted my perception of the marketing. Had most of the movie spoiled for me and I didn't like the sound of any of it at all on paper. Combine that with how messy Prometheus was and... I was not hyped. :laugh:

I'm so glad the movie itself, against all odds, completely won me over and flip flopped my perception entirely. Made me entirely regret spoiling the whole thing for myself, too (which is why I went on a nearly full media blackout afterwards for Blade Runner 2049).
Yeah, the marketing campaign it wasn't very good keeping secret scenes of the movie. It spoiled everything. But I must say that both Prometheus and Covenant had very good viral campaigns

Mike’s Monsters

Very interesting on the comments about a test screening! I'm usually in the know about those as I get regular invites to them, but had no clue about it. Not saying it didn't happen! It wouldn't surprise me if they've started testing with audiences recently.

I am sure whatever was screened is much more refined and polished from what I saw. For those who didn't see the posts, I saw a very early cut with very unfinished effects. CG models without color, texture, or light at times in some scenes. PS1/PS2 level of graphics for CGI in some moments. Puppets having strings/cables and wires to control it that will be digitally erased. Some shots simply being a slightly animated concept art piece. Really rough, but watchable for me as I've seen lots of rough cuts. I likely saw the same cut Ridley saw and commented on, or one that came right after. I have actually watched it twice, and not at test screenings, but on my own in a personal viewing.

Having seen it, a lot of what I had hinted at in prior months is way more clear, and my comments about everything "not being so simple" stand true and come from having seen it now. The back to basics comment stands, but it also has a lot of new going on. It's definitely a different movie than I expected, and had been pitched to me before I'd seen it, but that isn't a bad thing. The DNA of the prequels hasn't been thrown out or forgotten either. The prequels are a part of this franchise if we like it or not, and they are indeed involved. How big or small is for you to find out when watching the movie.

The tweet about the plot is true, but only on the most simple and basic level. There's a lot more going on here. I love the wording of 'baby' lol, it's gonna throw everyone off. There are multiple baby xenomorphs at one point, but could that mean Chestbursters? Facehuggers? We've seen a baby before, and I won't tell you exactly what it is. But wouldn't that mean that there are MULTIPLE xenomorphs no matter what point of the lifecycle it is? I won't confirm nor deny any fully grown xeno numbers, as things can change from what I saw with the reshoots, or they could stay the same. So I guess I will confirm that there are indeed multiple xenos, but I won't say if they get to multiple full grown xenomorph or not. I'm still not giving anything away too easily, nor give my thoughts or opinion on the movie.

Slutty Badger

Something's telling me that if this is indeed the Covenant we're talking about, then maybe the ship's bank of embryos is involved.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Mar 09, 2024, 08:15:20 PMSomething's telling me that if this is indeed the Covenant we're talking about, then maybe the ship's bank of embryos is involved.
Or maybe a ship that made contact with the Covenant and get infested with xenos. The problem with if its the Covenant, what happend with David. The way that I see it, the Alien can came from 2 places in the time frame that the story goes and those are the Derelict (I don't think so) or the Covenant

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 09, 2024, 08:12:30 PMSo I guess I will confirm that there are indeed multiple xenos

Well, i was in the camp that this movie would have multiple Xenos, so i am glad for that.

I think that they will start with a single Xeno and then for the big climax they will reveal that there are more Xenos running around, sort of like what happened in Isolation.

Ingwar

Ingwar

It cannot be Covenant. Please no.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed