Alien: Romulus Star Says It's a 'Very, Very, Very Different' Film for the Franchise

Started by Darkoo, Feb 28, 2024, 02:29:12 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Star Says It's a 'Very, Very, Very Different' Film for the Franchise (Read 6,059 times)

Petr Švancara

Ridley Scott should direct another Alien movie, and we could got at least the finished trilogy with the David in it. Its a bit weird to me, that he run from that possibility by asking Fede Alvarez if he wants to do an entirely new Alien film. If its set in between the Alien and Aliens, that means that there wont be any connection to the Prometheus or Covenant at all.

I found it pretty odd to be honest. Im not interested when it comes to his Napoleon or Gladiator 2, he is older and older each day, and yet he still has that desire to direct a bunch of historical movies, rather than finishing the storyline around the David. Do he think that he's gonna be there for another 20 years or what? Or is he already done with it? Thats just sad if its true. He wont have many opportunities to create another "hundreds" movies in his remaining life. Damn, what a shame.

kwisatz

Quote from: taq on Feb 28, 2024, 08:41:39 PMalien new movie should be a good one , after promethius and alien covernt , it should around 2.4 hrs long , with LV Planets and flamethrowers

He wants elephant man.

Local Trouble

GreybackElder

Very very different... could be interesting. I hope they don't pull a "The Predator" and try and explain everything away and ignore the things that made the franchise great.

SiL

The comment almost makes it sound like he means it's very, very, very different to the original film.

Ops Officer Jackson

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 28, 2024, 09:54:34 PM
Quote from: Ops Officer Jackson on Feb 28, 2024, 09:23:58 PMDoes he think "very very very different" sounds like a good thing? How do you think "we're doing a new Star Wars movie, it's going to be very very very different" would go over?

When you think about the first 4 Alien movies, they are all very different from each other and introduce new aspects to the Xeno, so maybe he meant something like that.

To clarify, I don't think an entry to a franchise doing something different is bad. I'm just saying chosing to word it that way is kind of idiotic

aliens13

I think that all here just want an back to the roots of the franchise like it was Alien Isolation, so hearing this it's kind of annoying. We don't need something very very very different right now, we just need a win here. Still I think that we are maybe over-interpreting this

Mike’s Monsters

It's certainly an odd choice of words to describe it. But as people have pointed out, every ALIEN movie has been different from the last. I would say only Prometheus & Covenant are the few in the franchise that had consistent tone and mood. Nothing has matched ALIEN, and ALIENS did its own thing, and did it great.

Local Trouble

Never say no to Panda!

And when someone involved to the production tells us, it will be the best movie ever...it will be the best movie ever.

BigDaddyJohn

Likely he's referring to specific scenes or event in the movie, not the overall tone and style.

Bojo

His Evil Dead film was tonally "very, very, different" to the original 3. Maybe Alien Romulus will be a horror comedy.

Predatorium

I have a bad feeling about this (movie) drop

Mr. Joe

Aliens War Aliens vs Marines or Colonial Marshalls  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Bojo on Feb 29, 2024, 09:47:44 AMHis Evil Dead film was tonally "very, very, different" to the original 3. Maybe Alien Romulus will be a horror comedy.

I wouldn't say that his Evil Dead is that different from what Raimi's first one was going for; a scary, dark, isolated experience with splashes of black comedy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed