Started by Local Trouble, Mar 29, 2024, 12:52:46 AM

Was Blade Runner actually a good movie?

Yes
24 (96%)
No
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author
Was Blade Runner actually a good movie? (Read 1,370 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 02:46:54 AMBrilliant movie. It made me actually feel for artificial life, which never has happened in other films covering the subject.

Not even WALL-E?

E. Shaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 30, 2024, 02:48:46 AM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 02:46:54 AMBrilliant movie. It made me actually feel for artificial life, which never has happened in other films covering the subject.

Not even WALL-E?

Haha I did love Wall-E, but Bladerunner made its AI life feel real and you develop empathy for their desires to live and have rights.

Local Trouble

I wonder if the theatrical release of Blade Runner is better or worse than the theatrical release of Kingdom of Heaven.

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 30, 2024, 12:24:58 AM:o

Because of the voiceover?
The voiceover, the hamfisted ending...

It bombed for good reason and needed multiple revisions to make good for a reason.

BlueMarsalis79

It was always good, just had bad elements.

SiL

It was always bad, just had good elements that let people tolerate the bad.

Later revisions trimmed the bad while accentuating the good.

Local Trouble

😱

SM

SM

I didn't mind the voiceover. Gave it an old school PI vibe. The happy ending was beyond awful.

Wweyland

It was, but having just read Do Androids Dream Of Electic Sheep (again), the book is slightly better.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Mar 30, 2024, 05:18:23 AMI didn't mind the voiceover. Gave it an old school PI vibe. The happy ending was beyond awful.
The voiceover could've been good, but you can hear Ford is delivering lines at gunpoint and it adds nothing.

SM

SM

I thought it fit his weariness.

E. Shaw

Quote from: SM on Mar 30, 2024, 05:18:23 AMI didn't mind the voiceover. Gave it an old school PI vibe. The happy ending was beyond awful.

It was tragic, he knows she will die like Roy, presumably.

SM

SM

Deckard says she won't die like Roy.

SiL

Which is part of what makes it a bad movie.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Mar 31, 2024, 06:56:04 AMWhich is part of what makes it a bad movie.

Is the final cut still a bad movie?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed