Why was Lope such an uninteresting character?

Started by Salt The Fries, Mar 28, 2024, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Why was Lope such an uninteresting character? (Read 2,193 times)

SM

That's there in the film though. It would've been interesting having someone question why Lope and Halley were on a colonisation mission and have him set them straight (so to speak). But his sexual preference was almost completely ignored. Not even used as a pay off for Rosey thinking Lope was cracking on to her.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: SM on Apr 02, 2024, 09:07:03 PMThat's there in the film though. It would've been interesting having someone question why Lope and Halley were on a colonisation mission and have him set them straight (so to speak). But his sexual preference was almost completely ignored. Not even used as a pay off for Rosey thinking Lope was cracking on to her.

Origins mentions that the security crew of the Covenant weren't required to be couples. Lope and Hallet being part of the security team just also happened to be partners.

There was also Ledward, Ankor, Rosie, and Cole, none of whom were couples.

The Cruentus

Rosey did have a partner apparently, but she was having affair. Though I might be wrong but I remember it being mentioned somewhere.

GrimmVision

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 13, 2024, 08:58:27 PMRosey did have a partner apparently, but she was having affair. Though I might be wrong but I remember it being mentioned somewhere.

Tess Haubrich, who plays Rosenthal, provided conjecture that she thought her and Alex England's characters are having a fling while both of their partners are in hypersleep.

There's a flirty moment in Covenant between the two of them once they've landed on Planet IV, but there's nothing about them having actual partners.

SM

An earlier draft had Cole saying he had a wife and stage one embryo on the ship.  Per Origins, Rosey was on her own.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed