Dark Horse Interview - New Comic

Started by Xenomorphine, Aug 23, 2014, 02:00:11 AM

Author
Dark Horse Interview - New Comic (Read 85,070 times)

Ultramorph

CBR has an awesome preview of Predator #2. Beware, as usual, of spoilers.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=24320
Spoiler
I love the visual story-telling. That last page is so cool. I like how Ahab is searching for the Engineers, it's a neat parallel to the human characters from Prometheus.
[close]

RakaiThwei

Huh.. So the Engineers created/intervened with the Shokan type creatures.. Hmmm..

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

is the predator going to be able to get stellar coordinates off of a cave painting as well?  ::)

Ultramorph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 30, 2014, 01:50:39 AM
is the predator going to be able to get stellar coordinates off of a cave painting as well?  ::)

I doubt it, given the fact that he finds the mural more than a century before he goes to LV-223.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 30, 2014, 01:50:39 AMis the predator going to be able to get stellar coordinates off of a cave painting as well?  ::)

I don't think that's how he got the coordinates. That's probably how he started to develop an interest in the Engineers as prey. He hunts on multiple planets with intelligent life, and on all/most of these planets, he finds evidence of the Engineers.  That's how an Engineer becomes his elusive White Whale.

If Ahab is part of the hunting party at the beginning of AvP #1, it would appear that his presence in the LV-223 area is incidental.

Ultramorph

The Dark Horse website has a 6-page preview of Prometheus #3. As usual, if you want to go in blind, don't look.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/23-596?page=0

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

For anyone interested in whether or not the Deacon will be making an appearance in Fire and Stone, you might want to check out artist Patric Reynold's Twitter. Beware of spoilers, and keep in mind that it is unclear as to whether or not this is from the current version of Fire and Stone, or the one from before the Fox-mandated rewrite. Either way, it's pretty neat.

https://twitter.com/patric_reynolds/status/528640699772973056
Spoiler
[close]

UPDATE: If you look at the full conversation on the tweet (I'm having trouble getting the link to just his response), he confirms that it is from BOTH versions of Fire and Stone!

Quote"from both, actually!  I HIDE NOTHING."

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 01, 2014, 08:56:19 PM
For anyone interested in whether or not the Deacon will be making an appearance in Fire and Stone, you might want to check out artist Patric Reynold's Twitter. Beware of spoilers, and keep in mind that it is unclear as to whether or not this is from the current version of Fire and Stone, or the one from before the Fox-mandated rewrite. Either way, it's pretty neat.

https://twitter.com/patric_reynolds/status/528640699772973056
Spoiler
[close]

UPDATE: If you look at the full conversation on the tweet (I'm having trouble getting the link to just his response), he confirms that it is from BOTH versions of Fire and Stone!

Quote"from both, actually!  I HIDE NOTHING."

Great! Finally we can see it.

BTW, I have a question: Are Engineers wearing their spacesuits in any of these comics?

Ultramorph

So far we've seen one Engineer in its chair suit, but not with the helmet on.

I'm quite excited to see some Deacons!

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 01, 2014, 11:21:15 PM
So far we've seen one Engineer in its chair suit, but not with the helmet on.

I'm quite excited to see some Deacons!

I wanna believe but I have a feeling the deacons were pre-rewrite. Man...I wish they would somehow release the pre-rewrite work in the future. Maybe as part of a collector's edition of Fire & Stone

Ultramorph

It would definitely be cool if we eventually got to see some of the original stuff, but I doubt that will happen until after Prometheus 2 comes and goes, if ever.

As far as the Deacon, I'm reasonably sure we'll see it in Fire and Stone. Aside from Reynolds' Twitter today, the Prometheus #4 cover still features pointy-headed creatures that might well Deacons.

Ultramorph

If anyone wants to know a bit more about where the thing from the end of Aliens #2 is going, Patric Reynolds posted a picture on his Tumblr that shows a bit. Beware of spoilers.

Spoiler

It looks like an interesting cross between Fifiled and Elden. I'm looking forward to the final two issues.
[close]

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

If anyone want to see it, Patric Reynolds finished Aliens today, and he posted what appear to be some of the final pages of Aliens: Fire and Stone. It looks like good stuff. Beware of spoilers.

Spoiler
[close]

Also, I was looking at the solicitations for January again, and I noticed something about...

Spoiler
Elden's "final form." It looks a lot like the mural from Prometheus. The plot thickens?

[close]

CBR has a new preview of AvP #3. Beware of spoilers.

Spoiler
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=24587

Elden is looking more and more interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the accelerated Predator has in store.
[close]

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 12, 2014, 01:48:21 AMCBR has a new preview of AvP #3. Beware of spoilers.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=24587

Interesting...very interesting.
Spoiler
Predator walks away from Francis as I've been hoping...possible team-up with Elden? Mutated Predator as ultimate enemy?
[close]

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: happypred on Nov 13, 2014, 02:55:02 AM
Interesting...very interesting.
Spoiler
Predator walks away from Francis as I've been hoping...possible team-up with Elden? Mutated Predator as ultimate enemy?
[close]

That would be pretty cool.

Spoiler
The AvP #4 cover certainly leaves it open to interpretation just what the relationship is between Elden and the Predator.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the endgame is in Omega. I imagine that it will be Ahab and company stopping Elden from black gooing Earth.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed