The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 237,590 times)

The Alien Predator

There's something that I have noticed that was in the previous Alien trilogy as well as Incursion.

Three of the books have that one passage that mentions alien life, and how some were friendly while others were hostile, it's just a strangely consistent passage.

Do you guys think this'll be explored someday? I know Incursion is technically exploring it with humans and Yautja. But what of all these other friendly and hostile civilizations?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 07, 2016, 09:00:54 PM
There's something that I have noticed that was in the previous Alien trilogy as well as Incursion.

Three of the books have that one passage that mentions alien life, and how some were friendly while others were hostile, it's just a strangely consistent passage.

Do you guys think this'll be explored someday? I know Incursion is technically exploring it with humans and Yautja. But what of all these other friendly and hostile civilizations?

I think someone is sowing seeds for some dark Star Trek type of thing to be built from the Aliens universe...

Ultramorph

The similarity of references makes me think it's coming from whatever current bible Fox has the different writers operating from. Josh Izzo is the one running things with the license over at Fox, and I think he probably wants to deal with the Arcturians and other alien races at some point in the future. There wouldn't be any better time to show us what an Arcturian is than 2016.  ;D

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 07, 2016, 09:07:55 PM
I think someone is sowing seeds for some dark Star Trek type of thing to be built from the Aliens universe...

Eeeeeeeeh.. so it's all gone vanilla now?  :-\

Corporal Hicks

I really want to see some other intelligent lifeform crop up and have consistant and repeating dealings with both the Aliens and humanity. It'd be nice to add some variety to it.

predxeno

^That's the exact opposite of what I want.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2016, 09:30:13 PM
I really want to see some other intelligent lifeform crop up and have consistant and repeating dealings with both the Aliens and humanity. It'd be nice to add some variety to it.

Same here. More stories like Reapers or Incubation would be cool, especially since there's some cool potential for stories with no intelligible spoken dialog that would have to rely on visual storytelling.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 07, 2016, 11:53:41 PM

Same here. More stories like Reapers or Incubation would be cool, especially since there's some cool potential for stories with no intelligible spoken dialog that would have to rely on visual storytelling.

Not just aliens and humans, but I'd love to see more of Predators hunting other intelligent aliens. South China Sea explored this beautifully. It'd be cool to have a short story of a Predator hunting another race and show how they deal with a Predator, this would be a perfect excuse for a successful hunt because we won't really have a human hero to root for and lots of us are Predator fans.

Ultramorph

^This. Some of my favorite parts of Predator: FaS were when we saw Ahab hunting different aliens. A whole prequel series about him hunting on different planets in search of the Engineers would be amazing.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 08, 2016, 12:02:34 AM
^This. Some of my favorite parts of Predator: FaS were when we saw Ahab hunting different aliens. A whole prequel series about him hunting on different planets in search of the Engineers would be amazing.

Yes! That would be so perfect.

Also, the comic could explore some really bizarre and alien technologies that the Predator would come across while hunting another technological race.

I can imagine these aliens staring at a hologram of a Predator as they realize the killings are very familiar to past encounters. Have the story be told very visually like some of the FaS sections, and since it's a short story, it won't have to be some overly complex comic or anything, maybe a one shot comic.  :P

Or if they want to, have some fancy symbols show up in the speech bubbles and then English words between, as a reminder that this is just translated speech of an alien language. Like some comics do with scenes in a foreign country.

Ultramorph

Great ideas! It would be neat to see how the Predators respond to different alien technologies.

Perfect-Organism

YouTube pretty much będę tak serwisem to do that...

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 08, 2016, 01:22:07 AM

This is the best response I read so far as I literally do not understand it, but it sounds awesome.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 08, 2016, 01:22:07 AM

"Youtube I pretty much like this service to do that"...

....What?

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 07, 2016, 11:21:05 PM

Kind of feeling you there, PredXeno... Ummm... more and more it's... feeling like this franchise is no longer for me. I think it outgrew me.

predxeno

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 08, 2016, 02:29:53 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 07, 2016, 11:21:05 PM

Kind of feeling you there, PredXeno... Ummm... more and more it's... feeling like this franchise is no longer for me. I think it outgrew me.

No, I think you're outgrowing it, and I feel you there. bro.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed