Alien: Romulus Casts David Jonsson, Archie Renaux, Spike Fearn, and Aileen Wu

Started by Predalien39, Mar 03, 2023, 09:34:45 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Casts David Jonsson, Archie Renaux, Spike Fearn, and Aileen Wu (Read 27,144 times)

RIP77

unconnected to the previous movies 

Ok but that does not mean that it is not the same universe even if it does not continue a plot and is more independent like Prometheus.

From PREY it was said that it was independent within the same universe and was not connected to others as it was a remote sequel.

Is ambiguous and compatible with it being the same universe and one chronologically prior to Alien

It's a big universe and it would be stupid to do a total reboot when these movies are far apart and don't bother each other to decide on a reboot.

They can tell many stories in a soft reboot in the Alien universe of 79 and not return of zero.

Stitch

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 05, 2023, 09:36:22 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 05, 2023, 07:30:36 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 05, 2023, 05:02:44 PMTwentieth Century Fox wasn't sold to Disney in 2019?  There might be divisions of studios still in name only, but Disney is going to chart the franchise for as long as they decide to keep it.  Kind of like Marvel running the EU.  It might be Marvel.  It is still Disney. 
People running Disney and its film department aren't making creative decisions in Alien movies.

The company that buys the other companies has the final say on the bought companies.  Maybe in straya country yall do things different, but in America, if you paid all that money to buy another company, you the buyer will have the final say.  Despite what corporate stooges might tell you about artistic freedom.  Now, they might be letting Fox studios run the movies the way they want to run them.  Seeing the very disney like cast I have my doubts, but even if they are, that is still because DISNEY LET THEM.  The final say for everything will be stamped by Disney.  I was part of a corporation that bought a dozen other corporations.  Those other corporations don't get to do what the f**k they want after the buyout.  They did what WE wanted.  Sometimes what we wanted aligned with what they did, sometimes it didn't. 

Arguably yes and no. It makes sense that the company which has taken over has final say, because they are the owners.

However, it's possible that the companies which have been taken over (20th Century Studios, in this case), are legally required to be run as separate entities. We don't know the ins and outs of the takeover, but there may be stipulations set in place by monopoly and antitrust laws that require the House of Mouse to be hands off.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

That would seem to be pretty stupid on Disney's part, to acquire a studio and be forced to be hands off. By choice.  But trying to figure out Californians, who can really?   

I'll say I don't buy it, but you guys can have the victory.  I don't want to argue with Sil for twenty pages because he's Aussie and is hardheaded and deliberately inserted himself between me and my true victim, TomT.  >:(

SiL

SiL

It's not about being forced to be hands off. It's buying an asset that takes care of itself. They put management in place who they trusted to run the company and then let the company run. If something egregious happens they can step in, but Disney isn't  micro managing subsidiary productions.

TomT

TomT

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 05, 2023, 05:02:44 PMIt is a terrible dogshit film, with bad acting throughout most of the cast, and terrible editing with a nonsensical story based on pure nostalgia trip reflection whose sole purpose was to answer questions nobody gave AF about.  It is the second WORST movie over AVPR.  Just below Alien Resurrection.  It essentially killed the Alien part of the franchise for 7 years because the Prometheus part of the franchise was incapable of carrying anything on its own.  I don't kill people actually for liking terrible movies, but I can't trust you.  Your taste has been compromised.   >:(
You are absolutely wrong, in fact you make me question your tastes and especially your sanity, the fact that you believe that Prometheus is worse than Alien vs Predator (!!) and Ressurection and yet you dare to parrot something something about taste is crazy, like no self-awareness. Here's a simple fact for you: Prometheus is still the highest grossing movie in the franchise by far unadjusted and the highest grossing space horror, so your claim that Prometheus part is incapable of carrying anything on its own is factually false, in fact, as soon as they bringed back xenomorph and Alien in the title it bombed, Prometheus part was much more promising and where the franchise should have headed.

SiL

"Highest grossing unadjusted" isn't a terribly meaningful metric since that honour was previously held by AvP.

Kradan

This is getting ridiculous

Necronomicon II

Aliens: Wraith featured a pretty young cast... ;D

Also haven't seen this mentioned but it appears this chap will be playing a role as well, he doesn't appear too young, you're welcome -

https://twitter.com/REKKHAN/status/1618460115195293699?s=20

Peace,
Necro II and MUTHUR

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: TomT on Mar 06, 2023, 01:28:16 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 05, 2023, 05:02:44 PMIt is a terrible dogshit film, with bad acting throughout most of the cast, and terrible editing with a nonsensical story based on pure nostalgia trip reflection whose sole purpose was to answer questions nobody gave AF about.  It is the second WORST movie over AVPR.  Just below Alien Resurrection.  It essentially killed the Alien part of the franchise for 7 years because the Prometheus part of the franchise was incapable of carrying anything on its own.  I don't kill people actually for liking terrible movies, but I can't trust you.  Your taste has been compromised.   >:(
You are absolutely wrong, in fact you make me question your tastes and especially your sanity, the fact that you believe that Prometheus is worse than Alien vs Predator (!!) and Ressurection and yet you dare to parrot something something about taste is crazy, like no self-awareness. Here's a simple fact for you: Prometheus is still the highest grossing movie in the franchise by far unadjusted and the highest grossing space horror, so your claim that Prometheus part is incapable of carrying anything on its own is factually false, in fact, as soon as they bringed back xenomorph and Alien in the title it bombed, Prometheus part was much more promising and where the franchise should have headed.

Please.  Prometheus only claim to fame was that it was tied into the Alien franchise and that it had a good trailer.  You had a bunch of soon to be disappointed Alien fans all lined up and pre-queued to watch the movie before hand, and more casuals than usual because of the outstanding trailer, that actually made it look like it was going to be competently made and scary. 

As Sil pointed out, AVP was the third highest grossing movie in the franchise before Prometheus.  Going by box office numbers alone, is AvP some kind of masterstroke of cinema?  Also, you should give props to AvP since Prometheus stole the first quarter of the movie from it. 

:laugh:

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Mar 06, 2023, 06:31:30 AMAliens: Wraith featured a pretty young cast... ;D

Also haven't seen this mentioned but it appears this chap will be playing a role as well, he doesn't appear too young, you're welcome -

Peace,
Necro II and MUTHUR

I'm thinking more and more this is going to be a newt-like perspective movie.  The adults are all going to be killed early on, or going to be outside the immediate focus, while the young uns have to try and figure out how to survive.  If they hide in the vents they will probably get extra cool nostalgia points from the crowd. 

TomT

TomT

Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2023, 05:55:40 AM"Highest grossing unadjusted" isn't a terribly meaningful metric since that honour was previously held by AvP.
AvP did just 177 mln while being PG-13. Prometheus did 400+ mln while being R-rated, which is A LOT for a space horror even today, in fact nothing in the genre will ever touch those numbers again.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 06, 2023, 07:23:57 AMAs Sil pointed out, AVP was the third highest grossing movie in the franchise before Prometheus.  Going by box office numbers alone, is AvP some kind of masterstroke of cinema?  Also, you should give props to AvP since Prometheus stole the first quarter of the movie from it.
AvP did more than twice less with PG-13 and had much worse reception, so it's not even comparable obviously. If we ignore box office, Prometheus reception was also the best one since Aliens, it's a fact.

SiL

Quote from: TomT on Mar 06, 2023, 07:53:07 AMAvP did just 177 mln while being PG-13. Prometheus did 400+ mln while being R-rated, which is A LOT for a space horror even today, in fact nothing in the genre will ever touch those numbers again.
Cool but it was still the highest grossing film not adjusted.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 05, 2023, 08:56:15 PMEnded up moving that bit of speculation over to the catch-all thread – seemed like a better fit there – but aye, I'd really be all over the idea of the long-since-abandoned Covenant showing up on some random colony's doorstep at any point in the timeline.

Still, I'm not expecting any explicit, direct connections to the previous films like that. But... one can hope and speculate a bit during these early days!

I would kind of imagine they might try and tie up the prequels without actually making a direct third prequel consisting of Alien Covenant's surviving cast. It's kinda messy leaving Alien Covenant hanging while raring off to make a new Alien film.

As a loose sequel to Alien Covenant, perhaps The Company sent out a new colony ship to Origae-6 but after several decades, the missing Covenant finally arives at it's intended destination. The salvage crew then gets to explore this veritable house-of-horrors filled with David's gruesome failed experiments with Daniels and Tennessee perhaps having suffered the same fate as Shaw.

The final showdown could involve David's ultimate creation, the biomechanical Alien, for which he sacrificed his own body. But has he uploaded his own consciousness into the ship's AI?

TomT

TomT

It was messy to do Covenant instead of Prometheus sequel in the first place, but they just don't care, Ridley didn't care and just wanted to quickly rid of the film he lost interest in before principal photography, fulfill the contract and move on to other things.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Mar 06, 2023, 06:31:30 AMAliens: Wraith featured a pretty young cast... ;D

Peace,
Necro II and MUTHUR

I saw a good few posts from him about Romulus over Jan. I think he was just talking about auditioning.

reecebomb

This direct to video feature and that upcoming tv show proves that Prometheus/Covenant killed the franchise. Couldn't care less now  as I've come to accept it few years ago.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed