Predator: Homeworld

Started by Commander Aun, Dec 01, 2007, 06:30:20 PM

Author
Predator: Homeworld (Read 4,715 times)

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

In terms of the comic book Predator: Homeworld, what happened in the comics? It says that the predators may come from earth, is that true or not?

D88M

D88M

It says that, and other teories as well, sorry but i don´t remember it well :-\.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

I only have the first volume, and I really have no idea what's going on in it, so I'll have to wait until the Omnibus' get that far along before I'll really be able to comment. From what I gathered, though, Homeworld put forth the possibility that the Predators evolved naturally here on earth, but that once they'd attained space-travel they migrated out into the galaxy leaving the terrestrial eco-system open for humans to evolve. It suggested that this is why hunting on earth continued to be such an important part of their culture (I suppose, in a way, it would be similar to visiting Mecca at least once in a Muslim's life).

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: The Necronoir on Dec 02, 2007, 04:10:10 AM
I only have the first volume, and I really have no idea what's going on in it, so I'll have to wait until the Omnibus' get that far along before I'll really be able to comment. From what I gathered, though, Homeworld put forth the possibility that the Predators evolved naturally here on earth, but that once they'd attained space-travel they migrated out into the galaxy leaving the terrestrial eco-system open for humans to evolve. It suggested that this is why hunting on earth continued to be such an important part of their culture (I suppose, in a way, it would be similar to visiting Mecca at least once in a Muslim's life).

Now thats an interesting theory, that would be cool actually. I mean, that would explain why we havent see there homeworld, because earth is there homeworld!

Colton White

Colton White

That puts forth a scary thought. Ever wondered why They send wolf to destroy the aliens?Maybe they want to preserve earth and the Humans.Like we do with reserves.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: Colton White on Dec 04, 2007, 11:49:41 PM
That puts forth a scary thought. Ever wondered why They send wolf to destroy the aliens?Maybe they want to preserve earth and the Humans.Like we do with reserves.
I thought that was pretty obvious from the first script suggestions... I don't think the Predator's have an altruistic side (ie they aren't doing it because it's morally right, simply because it would ruin things for them). It makes you wonder if they've abducted humans in the past and established them on other planets to breed and hunt...

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: The Necronoir on Dec 05, 2007, 03:04:09 AM
Quote from: Colton White on Dec 04, 2007, 11:49:41 PM
I thought that was pretty obvious from the first script suggestions... I don't think the Predator's have an altruistic side (ie they aren't doing it because it's morally right, simply because it would ruin things for them). It makes you wonder if they've abducted humans in the past and established them on other planets to breed and hunt...

Yeah, because if the Xenomorphs were allowed to reproduce, humanity would be gone, and one of Predators prey would go extinct. So they send Wolf to stop this. Or it could be the first theory as well.

PredClanLeadrr85

PredClanLeadrr85

WONDER if movie will refer to Darkhorse comics ideas of pred homeworld

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: PredClanLeadrr85 on Dec 08, 2007, 06:58:58 PM
WONDER if movie will refer to Darkhorse comics ideas of pred homeworld

I'm thinking Darkhorse comics.

PredClanLeadrr85

PredClanLeadrr85

very nice, i wanna see this in a IMAX theater....i need to find one where i live first showing baby!!! ;D

PredClanLeadrr85

PredClanLeadrr85

i think i might one near me

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: PredClanLeadrr85 on Dec 08, 2007, 09:49:00 PM
very nice, i wanna see this in a IMAX theater....i need to find one where i live first showing baby!!! ;D

Good luck find that!

hobomonster

hobomonster

Um sorry to say this but the comics are non canonical.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: hobomonster on Dec 11, 2007, 03:35:22 AM
Um sorry to say this but the comics are non canonical.

Oh no, we didn't know that already. Thanks for stating the obvious ::).

Ellen Ripley

Ellen Ripley

that would be stipid if predators came from earth

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed