Amount of books each individual book has sold?

Started by Bob Saget, Oct 21, 2007, 10:22:20 PM

Author
Amount of books each individual book has sold? (Read 1,904 times)

Bob Saget

i was wondering the amount of books each book has sold, anyone know???i would imagine the perrys books would be the best selling ones

Corporal Hicks

NO way to know. We know Forever Midnight had a 2nd printing but that's about it. I could ask about the new ones?

steveperry

Pick up a book from the racks and look at the bottom of the copyright page. There's a row of numbers. As each reprint come out, they go up one. The standard first printing varies, but the earliest books had the largest first-printings. Reprints are generally done in ten thousand-copy chunks.

I haven't checked lately, but I think some of the first few Aliens and the first AvP were up to eighteen or twenty printings last time I looked.

The newer books from DH generally won't get as large an initial print run as the Bantam books did; however, they probably will have a better sell-through.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You know, Rob told me Bantam were still keeping the old ones in print? Are you still getting royalties from them?

steveperry

I am. Just got a note from Bantam a few months ago saying they were going back to press again on one of the titles.

Corporal Hicks

Interesting. I had no idea. Makes me wonder why they're so hard to find. Shame I can't find a website for them.

SiL

The original Alien Omnibus (Nightmare Asylum/Earth Hive) is still being sold at my brother's bookshop.

Corporal Hicks

This one? Wow. I had no f**king clue. I seez tha lite!!!

SiL

Yup. Picked it up a few months back at a second hand bookshop (The one my brother works at is a normal first-hand retailer dooby-whacker place). They had the second one there as well, but I'd bought it ages ago.

Bob Saget

Bob Saget

i can still find earth hive nightmare asylum, female war, and genocide (its been a few months since ive seen it though), all the avp ones obviously, and all the predator ones, not to mention the new darkhorse ones at borders/b&n/waldenbooks, just everyone after genocide (alien harvest, labyrinth, rogue, besereker(which i never saw in stores), music of the spears) i havent seen in over a few years

Bob Saget

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 02, 2007, 11:31:33 PM
NO way to know. We know Forever Midnight had a 2nd printing but that's about it. I could ask about the new ones?

if you do i think that would be interesting to know, but dont beat yourself up trying to find out if you try

SM

At comic shops it's not hard to find most of the Aliens and Predators and AvP books.

Except Music of the Spears and Berserker - these too came out when I'd lost interest in the book series so I never picked them up.  Seems I wasn't alone.

Kimarhi

I actually have both (And Yvonne's version of MOTS is infinately better than the comic version) and Stephani Perry's version of Berserker is pretty much the same, but she fleshes out the characters to a much more believable degree than did the comic.

The problem was I lent out Berserker to a friend and the guy moved to Tennessee.  I thought about ordering if off of amazon...........but have to get it out of a secondhand dealer.  Some of which are far from reliable. 

New and unused don't mean torn up covers and piss yellow pages.

Bob Saget

i guess alien harvest isnt out of print yet according to borders website, but genocide, music of the spears, rogue, beserker, and labyrinth are

Horhey

Quote from: Bob Saget on Nov 05, 2007, 09:33:55 PM
i guess alien harvest isnt out of print yet according to borders website, but genocide, music of the spears, rogue, beserker, and labyrinth are

Are you really the Full House guy??

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed