Ridley Scott confirms Xenomorph!

Started by RakaiThwei, Dec 12, 2015, 12:39:00 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms Xenomorph! (Read 34,370 times)

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 12, 2015, 12:59:46 PM
I suppose he could say that Prometheus was a look back at Engineer culture before the mishap. At the very least it showed what they were sort of up too and that they also made us. There's the Deacon too, can always tell that story later. Pretty sure Alien: Covenant will explain Prometheus more than anything though.

Actually I'm thinking that Scott is going to explain a lot of things in the next movie, unlike where things were just hinted at in Prometheus.
Ehhhhhh........explaining things is pretty much a massive no no in any horror or fantasy series I think. Demystification never really works out too well.

Thinking midiclorians here, or the second half of Sinister.

razeak

razeak

I wouldn't get to excited about seeing a true Giger design. Everybody always has to "evolve" everything. Not to mention I wouldn't be surprised if they feature the next step of the Deacon that looks more like the Alien but hasn't quite got there yet.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 12, 2015, 01:05:31 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 12, 2015, 12:59:46 PM
I suppose he could say that Prometheus was a look back at Engineer culture before the mishap. At the very least it showed what they were sort of up too and that they also made us. There's the Deacon too, can always tell that story later. Pretty sure Alien: Covenant will explain Prometheus more than anything though.

Actually I'm thinking that Scott is going to explain a lot of things in the next movie, unlike where things were just hinted at in Prometheus.
Ehhhhhh........explaining things is pretty much a massive no no in any horror or fantasy series I think. Demystification never really works out too well.

Thinking midiclorians here, or the second half of Sinister.
Not arguing with the logic but he did say we'll learn how and why the engineers made the xenomorphs. That sounds like a whole lotta explaining to me. Probably also why they were doing what they were doing on Earth. One thing that is not debatable is that Scott has always thought of the xeno as a weapon and this next movie will show us not until how this weapon is made and works but also what it was designed to destroy and odds are, it wasn't meant for us.

Midiclorians isn't a fair analogy as the force was more magical where as alien is grounded in science. Also showing us something is not the same as an origin story. I don't think this movie will be an origin story; now that could be bad.

Keyes

Keyes

Very happy about this news.

We get an expansion of the Engineer mythology along with a return to the Alien life-cycle by Ridley Scott. Bring. It. On.

Just hope the casting is good.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: razeak on Dec 12, 2015, 01:30:54 PM
I wouldn't get to excited about seeing a true Giger design. Everybody always has to "evolve" everything. Not to mention I wouldn't be surprised if they feature the next step of the Deacon that looks more like the Alien but hasn't quite got there yet.

I kind of wonder if the Deacon will actually be in it. The way they are presenting it is almost like they are rebooting Prometheus except they are carrying the best character over (Fassbender/David).

Ridley is very hard headed publicly but behind the scenes surely he can't be oblivious to all the flaws the Prometheus. Obviously there are people in Fox hired the search the Internet to find what people liked and disliked about the film and then there are other people who are hired to tell this to Ridley as delicately and Hollywoody as possible. "Ridley! Babe! you know we love ya! But the folks out there wanna see some crazy Giger shit!".

I'm not holding out for amazing Gigerness but a boy can dream, a boy can dream!

Biggles

Biggles

It wouldn't actually make sense for the "Deacon" to appear anyway, given that it was the product of a rather convoluted and improbable life cycle. Although the original design was intended to be a proto-"Xeno" of sorts when Prometheus was still an "Alien" prequel, as actually employed in Prometheus it was an abomination, essentially - included to reference "Alien" whilst maintaining the distance from the original creature design that Scott (for whatever reason) wanted.

Unless the one and only Deacon specimen hitch-hikes its way off LV-whatever-we're-calling-it-this-draft, I don't think we'll see it again.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 12, 2015, 02:45:42 PM
I kind of wonder if the Deacon will actually be in it. The way they are presenting it is almost like they are rebooting Prometheus except they are carrying the best character over (Fassbender/David).

That's also the feeling I've been getting. So far they've downplayed everything from Prometheus (except for David) and played-up everything from the original Alien.

QuoteRidley is very hard headed publicly but behind the scenes surely he can't be oblivious to all the flaws the Prometheus. Obviously there are people in Fox hired the search the Internet to find what people liked and disliked about the film and then there are other people who are hired to tell this to Ridley as delicately and Hollywoody as possible. "Ridley! Babe! you know we love ya! But the folks out there wanna see some crazy Giger shit!".

They don't even have to hire folk to trawl the internet, the favourable public and media reaction towards Blomkamp's proposed film and Alien: Isolation already made it very clear what people want.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 12, 2015, 12:38:37 PM
I wonder that after this movie we will all look back and say "what was the point of Prometheus". I wonder how much of the murals/confusion will be explained.

I wonder/hope he'll retcon the Jockey size back to the big ol boy found in the original Alien.

Also hoping he'll Giger the shit out of everything.

Exactly

Predatorium

Dream come true if the fully grown alien is revealed by slowly stepping out of the dark dark shadows towards it's prey while this track is playing at full force:

T Dog

T Dog

They don't even have to hire folk to trawl the internet, the favourable public and media reaction towards Blomkamp's proposed film and Alien: Isolation already made it very clear what people want.
Yeah true that!
I  reckon Fox just used Blomkamp in order to manipulate Ridley into moving his ass to do the film.

Kind of like how if they are renegotiating a presenter's contract they'll act like they are looking to hire someone else for the job in order to have a card to play when dealing with the current talent. Make it seem like they won't wait forever and aren't willing to pay more money for their contract.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I just hope the Xenos in this movie will be done in suits and not CG.

Alien Covenant

Alien Covenant

So cool! It really is the next Alien film in the series!!!! :DDD :DDD

Born Of Cold Light

Even though I'm excited by this news, I still want to see a new creature, preferably one of the more cadaverous ultramorph designs:

XENOMORPHOSIS

With the exception of the Ultramorph/Deacon at the end of Prometheus. Alien Covenant coming in 2017 It will have been about ten years since Alien Vs Predator Requiem back in 2007 that we've had a Xenomorph grace the movie screen.

Primordial

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 12, 2015, 01:56:38 PM
Not arguing with the logic but he did say we'll learn how and why the engineers made the xenomorphs. That sounds like a whole lotta explaining to me. Probably also why they were doing what they were doing on Earth. One thing that is not debatable is that Scott has always thought of the xeno as a weapon and this next movie will show us not until how this weapon is made and works but also what it was designed to destroy and odds are, it wasn't meant for us.

Well said. Very excited to know why was the goo for us and the eggs for some others and not the other way around !

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 12, 2015, 05:59:22 PM
I just hope the Xenos in this movie will be done in suits and not CG.

Don't mind the technique as long as it feels real.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed