What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 597,581 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

2020 has been a hand full.

Not just because of Covid-19 alone but because earlier this year just as Covid was emerging in Ontario my Dad had multiple strokes and was hospitalized for over a week. He got off lucky but now I worry about him more. My Kickboxing/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu opened back up at some point under restrictions but I refuse to go back and I'm careful about public transit and my job (dealing with hundreds of people a day) because I worry about potentially spreading the virus to my vulnerable Dad, I even shaved my beard to comply with CDC recommendations which I don't see others do and it boggles my mind. I've even been on sleeping pills to try to help my sleeping problems but some nights even that doesn't work and I end up working 9-5 on 0 hours of sleep and sleeping pills and it's not just a one time thing.

I'm actually glad we're in another lockdown so that I can breath for once this year and enjoy the holidays with family too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just learned that an old member, and old hand from Alien Experience, has died. He hasn't been around here for many years, but I had him on my Facebook and saw a lot of him. RIP Maledoro.   :(

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 17, 2020, 12:11:26 PM
Just learned that an old member, and old hand from Alien Experience, has died. He hasn't been around here for many years, but I had him on my Facebook and saw a lot of him. RIP Maledoro.   :(

I'd just been discussing him/the potential for that a week or so back.

RIP Mal.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I hadn't even known he was badly.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Neither, the coincidence kind of shocked me just now, possibly as much as the news itself.

AliceApocalypse

Oh no, what happened?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Wow thats terrible, yeah haven't seen him on in a loong time.

Sad news :-[

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

That's sad. Anyone know how old he was?

Crazy Rich

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 17, 2020, 05:10:49 PM

Not exactly, but I'd guess in his 50's by now, at least. Could be mistaken.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 17, 2020, 05:49:29 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 17, 2020, 05:10:49 PM

Not exactly, but I'd guess in his 50's by now, at least. Could be mistaken.

Wow, that's young.  :-[

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

My mum went in her 50's. When it's your time to check out...

SM

SM

A great shame.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

My memory of Mal is limited to a long long time ago, but it's in a positive light.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I remember him quite well from the old days here. R.I.P.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed