What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 604,934 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Was partaking in a little retail therapy yesterday, and had found something I've been wanting for ages - a Serpent Guard figure from Stargate. I'm not a huge fan of figures based on actual likenesses, so I don't have any of the Stargate figures. But I've wanted the Jaffa ones because they're not based on any actual character, and the silver one comes with the Serpent helmet. I found one on eBay and was bidding on it and got pipped at the last second. Was gutted.  :'(

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

New Years is also the height of summer here, and it's when a lot of socializing gets done.

I hate socializing.

I'm so f**king tired.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So hungry.  :'( Had back-to-back Zoom calls through dinner and the bistro had closed by the time I was done.

Kradan

Kradan

That sucks hard

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I strongly regret changing to the new theme.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 06, 2021, 04:47:27 PM

What's wrong with it?

Edit: I hate summer too, but not only for socializing. But also the post-climate change heat...Yuk! 🤢

I prefer autumns and springs  8)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 07, 2021, 02:50:09 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 06, 2021, 04:47:27 PM

What's wrong with it?

Edit: I hate summer too, but not only for socializing. But also the post-climate change heat...Yuk! 🤢

I prefer autumns and springs  8)

It's been getting hotter here too the last few years.

Re: forum theme, the old one I was using was slightly busted in regards to certain features, but it was IMO really great visually thanks to the very limited colour palette which all matched the basic forum backdrop colour, and the simple, tasteful font. The new one feels very flashy and distracting by comparison. 

Darkness

Darkness

It's like everything in life. Just give it a chance and you might get used to it. It's a fine balancing act. Some people get bored of seeing the same thing and want something different while others just don't like any change. It's why I've had to keep 6 additional themes for this long. The default theme always follows the same grey colour pattern. It's not that different.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

If you remake the fully grey one I just gave up, with modern functionality for subscribers, I will give you money again no questions asked.

Darkness

Darkness

Is that the one with Ripley in the banner or is it the Colonial Marines game banner?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I like the new theme. Feels a bit more bespoke than the last one.

A refresh every once in a while is no bad thing.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 07, 2021, 09:35:12 PM
Is that the one with Ripley in the banner or is it the Colonial Marines game banner?

The Colonial Marines one. It's quite minimalist with the font/links, and the washed out colours matching the forum boxes really do it for me.

Darkness

Darkness

Give the new one a try for a week and if you still don't like it, I'll switch you back.

I am updating the other four themes for Subscribers but they'll follow the new layout and fonts, just different colours and graphics. If there's enough call for it, I'll keep those two old defaults for Subscribers too. As a general rule, I don't usually keep old defaults but I think I kept those to help the transition. I'd rather keep people posting here than not at all.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Alright, I'll give it more of a chance, and thanks.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm using the Giger theme and it hasn't changed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed