What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 597,527 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I did it again.  :(

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Well not "today" but finding out that Bill Paxton is dead was a sucker punch, only just a year ago at the 30 year reunion panel, he was laughing and full of life, 60 was just a number for him.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 02, 2017, 05:16:07 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 02, 2017, 12:58:55 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 01, 2017, 11:49:03 PM
You should go have a warm pint of ale at the pub, mate.

Aye mate, but warm pint???

Don't ask me.  That's how the Brits like it.

No we don't...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Okay, then room temperature.

THE CITY HUNTER

Work was shit and getting to much into my head so I left.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Didnt get the Bar job sadly. Which is fair enough, thats happens but it was how they went about telling me I didnt get it.

So i had the interview, i felt it went great and the job was perfected suited to my skills and experience. The interviewer told me, I'd receive a phonecall, either Friday Night or Saturday Morning to say whether i had got the job or not. Well i didnt get a phonecall at either point, so I decided to give it till Saturday Evening before giving them a ring to find out. Well when i checked my email early Saturday Afternoon, i found an email from the interviewer saying that I hadnt got the job.
The kicker was that this email was sent 15 F*****G MINUTES after i left the interview. I was stood at the bus stop waiting to go home, when she emailed to say i hadnt got the job. She could have told me at the end of the interview, rather than make me wait for a phonecall that was never going to come. And the reason was b*****t as well. It said that it was felt that the other applicants had more experience. I know its rubbish as after me she told me she had a few more interviews to go, which was why i would receive a phonecall at the mentioned times
Its cowardly and utter B*****ks

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

That's a real kicker Whisky. Tell her she no good and to follow proper announced procedures, as that was very unprofessional.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 06, 2017, 01:02:31 PM
Didnt get the Bar job sadly. Which is fair enough, thats happens but it was how they went about telling me I didnt get it.

So i had the interview, i felt it went great and the job was perfected suited to my skills and experience. The interviewer told me, I'd receive a phonecall, either Friday Night or Saturday Morning to say whether i had got the job or not. Well i didnt get a phonecall at either point, so I decided to give it till Saturday Evening before giving them a ring to find out. Well when i checked my email early Saturday Afternoon, i found an email from the interviewer saying that I hadnt got the job.
The kicker was that this email was sent 15 F*****G MINUTES after i left the interview. I was stood at the bus stop waiting to go home, when she emailed to say i hadnt got the job. She could have told me at the end of the interview, rather than make me wait for a phonecall that was never going to come. And the reason was b*****t as well. It said that it was felt that the other applicants had more experience. I know its rubbish as after me she told me she had a few more interviews to go, which was why i would receive a phonecall at the mentioned times
Its cowardly and utter B*****ks
Don't get why they do that similar thing happened to my friend.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

And they wonder why some people decide to stay on benefits, with employers like that

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 07, 2017, 11:53:02 AM
And they wonder why some people decide to stay on benefits, with employers like that
exactly

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Been absolutely smashed at work these last few days. Didn't get home until 11ish last night.

PVTDukeMorrison

So I just found out that when Alien: Covenant comes out that I'll be on a 2 month long field exercise. So the only way I'll be able to see it is if I get a weekend pass, which going by my track record is very unlikely

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That sucks man. Hopefully it wont get spoiled in the meantime.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Just checked the fridge and I am out of milk! >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed